contact
June 18, 2019, 07:00:45 AM

Author Topic: hydro cost  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Conan

• View Profile
hydro cost
« on: April 11, 2014, 07:24:20 AM »
I would suggest making fleet movements in conquest to cost 1% of what they are now. That would make fleet movements possible which would increase PvP.   Then we would have to FRS or buy p mode to keep our ships safe.  The hunt could begin again.

Offline phatboy83

• View Profile
Re: hydro cost
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 08:16:40 AM »
All I've done in past 13 weeks is PvP.
I doubled my dsp in about 5 hours yesterday

Offline Ali Baba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 08:19:20 AM »
Agreed

kru

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 10:11:49 AM »
@ conan.

1% is to big of a reduction.

Simply reducing hydro cost is not the wright to do it.  It should be something, where tested in conquest could be introduced into older & newer universes (a technology was suggested and would be the best way)  That therefore would give a smaller, but additive reduction in hydro cost per each level.

@ phatty.

Yes you have you dog....... but then your still at a stage where hydro is more efficiently used in attacks (at some of our levels we just look at the hydro cost and call 911 as we are having a heart attack)

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 01:19:37 PM »
@kru, I disagree, Conquest has a unique problem so it needs a unique solution. Maybe 1% is too low, but going to 50% won't help significantly. 5% or 10% might be good enough.

@phatboy, even with your dsp I still outrank you. And I have done nothing but harvest and build for months. Without credits I can only move my heph. When it sits for hours I am lucky to get probed even once. Might have something to do with less than 100 players being able to probe me and half of them have quit.  You will hit the wall eventually, very soon if you don't merchant trade for hydro.

kru

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 01:35:08 PM »
@kru, I disagree, Conquest has a unique problem so it needs a unique solution. Maybe 1% is too low, but going to 50% won't help significantly. 5% or 10% might be good enough.

ye trouble is, being who i am in conquest i have a more relaistic understanding.

if my fleet cost 10Q to move, making it only 1% of that would be 100T

Now, whilst on the surface thats great news, it also means i am more likely to be able to attack people and territories none stop, making myself ineviatbly (N) to every player.

I think a 50% reduction is more likely, and more balanced....means instead of 10Q, i only spend 5Q, means BFG still have a need for players to merchant for hydro.

At 100T hydro for that movement, and trading (right now) 5.2Q hydro per trade......thats 52 attacks or movements before having to merch again....this of course reduces the need (as far as bfg go) for us to spend as much (infact, barley anything)

sadly, you have to look at the bigger and wider picture, players merching/spending say 1Q per week actually offers little to no benefit to them (by reducing hydro cost to 1% of current spends.....i mean thats a 99% reduction) where in reality, those like me in the top 5 will benefit like you can never imagine.

Thats why i say reducing to 1% of current cost is way too much

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 01:49:26 PM »
Apparently you missed where I said that 5% or 10% might work. 50% is a bandaid on a severed arm.  And here is how they could test it. Create a 2 week commander that is free that gives a 90 or 95% reduction in fleet hydro costs. Put a message to all players indicating that this is a test and may or may not be repeated.  2 weeks should be long enough to see the effect.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:00:42 PM by Conan »

kru

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 02:05:41 PM »
no, i did not miss a thing you said.

even reducing it to 5% or 10% is going to create a situation where i describe.  Sure in the fuuture in will benefit people more as they grow, but it benefits those directly at the top, in an immediate and direct fashion.

10% of 10Q is still 1Q, a saving of 9Q hydro for me.  This is why i would not foresee any reduction greater than 50%

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 03:51:47 PM »
And you foresee everything.  You latched onto the 1% like a dog on a bone (funny considering your avatar).  I have been in this uni since it's beginning and I don't like that "ye" lecture almost EVERYBODY about how their opinion is wrong.  BFG will probably not make any significant change to the hydro in this uni.  It took them forever to dump the mine caps and that isn't nearly enough.  A change to 50% will not have much effect.  Those that are willing to pay for hydro will still need to do so but it will still be prohibitive to attack anything out of system.  Without paying I cannot even move res from my heph.  This uni has gone where no other uni has gone before, into a wall.

kru

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 04:19:20 PM »
And you foresee everything.  You latched onto the 1% like a dog on a bone (funny considering your avatar).  I have been in this uni since it's beginning and I don't like that "ye" lecture almost EVERYBODY about how their opinion is wrong.  BFG will probably not make any significant change to the hydro in this uni.  It took them forever to dump the mine caps and that isn't nearly enough.  A change to 50% will not have much effect.  Those that are willing to pay for hydro will still need to do so but it will still be prohibitive to attack anything out of system.  Without paying I cannot even move res from my heph.  This uni has gone where no other uni has gone before, into a wall.

ok, i can see we are going nowhere here.

you have obviously no idea who i am in game, and why my statement is not opinion but FACT.

You wish toi cry about it, thats fine go ahead.
BFG will never reduce hydro cost of moving fleets by 99%, 95% or 90% so you need to drop that avenue right now.

I was one of many who petitioned to have the caps on mines removed, because as a player i was able to show how these caps were ineffective, and unbeneficial to player base.

do i frosee everything, no....but i don't need to foresee anything to know what problems you and 99% of the other players will face as you grow your accounts more and build a massive fleet (as i have)

50% reduction, is a more pheaseable and realistic request, your not grasping the numbers yet as your not there to grasp, and i, a player who is there is trying to explain to you why you silly askings of a 99%, 95% or 90% will not work.

so, lets explain it once and for all, and hope that you understand, that whilst your proposal is a good one, the stupid numbers of reduction are not.

these figures are based solely on the use of my athena only

in system @ 100% hydro cost Hydrogen consumption: 12,777,156,257,953,654
1 system over @ 100% hydro cost Hydrogen consumption: 35,366,441,114,266,736
10 systems over @ 100% hydro cost Hydrogen consumption: 46,191,026,721,790,910

so, what i am saying, as your hydro consumption is not at that level, reducing it by 99%, 95% or 90% benefits players like me.

Reducing it by 50% benefits me, but also benfits everyone else now and for the future play.

now you see, why those amounts of reduction you suggest will not work, it allows me to do an insystem attack at eiether 120T (99% reduction) 1.2Q (90% reduction)

also means, those who merch vioa purchased credits seriously benefit over those who do not

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 04:38:01 PM »
Sure, I know who you are in game and know that you are ranked #1.  Apparently I hit a nerve.  I understand everything you are saying but you don't seem to comprehend that a 5 or 10% will help everybody somewhat equally relative to their fleet size.  Yes, it will save you more but only because it costs you more.  You are N to almost everybody as it is and they are conversely 'n' to you so you can't attack them now or if there is lower hydro costs.  If they do drop it to 50% it will probably be with a really special commander that can be bought and it will then only help the few that will buy it and it will only have a minimal effect on the game.  I am done with this conversation as I am sure that you will respond with reams of info proving your point.  I have a life to live and a few other fleets to check in on.

kru

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 05:04:34 PM »
well, ok....lets drop hydro down 1% cost, make me a saving of 99%

i will just going around the systems and attacking all and every territory i come across....and well, if i am not successful, well i only burned 120T hydro instead of upto 12Q hydro..

of course, your right, how silly of me to think that making a change that is only going to benefit a few players more than most, and of course, reduce credit purchase to an all time low

lol, i'm behind you 100% now.....push for bfg to save me $40 per month, and be able to make 52 attacks per day on everyones terris :D

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 05:34:40 PM »
See, you can't let go of the 1%.  At the 5 or 10% you would only do 5 or 10 per day.  And really, how much bigger can your fleet get before it's too big for the game anyway?  You're already topped out on your hydro storage.  There are 2500 military targets and 100s or 1000s of other targets that will keep replenishing so the other players will have plenty of targets to hit.  So even your 50 a day would not be all that many.  And instead of merchant trades there would probably be more p mode use since someone might actually be able to attack.  I believe this game may be beyond saving.  Only about 70 players larger than myself can attack me and many of those have quit.  My fleet is sitting without enough hydro to do anything but a short FRS.

Offline Darth Metz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 01:28:58 AM »
I'd have to say I agree with kru on this.  I too have a very large fleet. It cost me a little over 4 quad just to launch all my athenas in system. Yes this is a game. But it is bfgs paycheck also. As much as I would love for a 1% 5% or even a 20% I do not see them going for it at all. And like kru says the big guys would get unbelievably big quick. I hold 6 or more mts on a daily basis now. If they done that I'd drop all but 1 planet  and hold 8 to 16 terris easy and would worry about the hydro cost.

Offline Wingman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2014, 10:00:05 PM »
Really Conan?  I see that you have taken a conversation from amicable to argumentative in exactly 2 breaths.  I agree with Kru as he has the math down. 

birthmark-ant