contact
October 23, 2017, 12:53:15 AM

Author Topic: Thoughts on the uni so far?  (Read 3186 times)

Offline Wargasm

• View Profile
Re: Thoughts on the uni so far?
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2014, 08:48:18 AM »
No restrictions or "nerf" changes to P-markers will EVER happen.  BFG would never do anything to diminish the value of Pmarkers, because it's their primary bread-winner.  I knew the day they introduced them that the only way they would be negatively affected is by trying to think of strategic ways to abuse them (such as being able to harvest in P-Mode, use oracle, etc).

Wishful thinking, but I wish you couldn't de-activate a P-marker.  Though, I could see an argument made for week/month Pmarkers.

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2014, 06:35:13 PM »
Not being able to de-activate a marker would make their value far less, to both the players using them, and BFG's monetary gain. So, in my opinion, they should be left just as they are, except for as I posted earlier, an ability to purchase blocks of them at a time would save a lot of time at the "store".

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2014, 08:11:19 PM »
only bad thing about pmarkers, is that i cant afford them :D lol

from a hunters perpective though, i kind of like them..

a lot of times, if someone is going to be gone for say, 8 hours and 45 minutes..they will activate an 8 hour marker and let it be, assuming they will make it back before any attacks, and hoping they are not delayed in returning to the computer :D that means, a person can watch for them to activate it, and knowing what the persons fleet is, launch immediately after it ends with a fair chance of landing..

now, if that same person were to FRS instead, they would send their fleet out for the entire 8 hours 45 minutes, maybe even longer to allow for delays, and no opportunity to hit it would be gained there..

this is just one scenario, that takes in to account SOME players habits, not all..but it does exist (:
MunchMunchMunchMunchMunch