contact
April 01, 2020, 02:45:22 AM

Author Topic: I can't wait for:  (Read 2700 times)

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
I can't wait for:
« on: September 07, 2014, 07:21:46 AM »
The new Starfleet Commander Eradeon Conquest universe! 

I hear that the wormhole attacks on held territories will produce no plunder, only Eradeon based on the size of the attack.  Plus the mining, research and building bonuses of course!  Only player attacks (initial or PvP) on territories will produce plunder but no Eradeon.

There.  I just fixed Conquest!  8)

Offline WEG3

• View Profile
Re: I can't wait for:
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 08:55:01 AM »
The new Starfleet Commander Eradeon Conquest universe! 

I hear that the wormhole attacks on held territories will produce no plunder, only Eradeon based on the size of the attack.  Plus the mining, research and building bonuses of course!  Only player attacks (initial or PvP) on territories will produce plunder but no Eradeon.

There.  I just fixed Conquest!  8)

That could work  8) 8)

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 09:06:09 AM »
:)

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 02:51:13 PM »
I hear that the wormhole attacks on held territories will produce no plunder, only Eradeon based on the size of the attack. ... Only player attacks (initial or PvP) on territories will produce plunder ...

Debris, debris, not plunder.

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 03:21:30 PM »
Speaking of that, though, it might have been nice if SFCE used Conquest's debris formula.

How about a universe that includes both Conquest-style (but Eradeon-only, Eradeon reduced to 1% effectiveness) territories and Hired Guns style, but eliminate Alien Space Dock.  Ships from Conquest, except substitute Apollo back in for Erebus (or preferably use both, but Apollo for the quests).  But also, non-original ships have the tech requirements from Hired Guns.

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 07:58:08 PM »
Debris, debris, not plunder.

You are correct!      :-\

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 12:12:40 AM »
It's way more alive than Hired Guns :)

Offline gohabsgo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 04:46:00 AM »
Why is conquest so bad? I haven't tried it yet.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 05:53:14 AM »
Why is conquest so bad? I haven't tried it yet.

I don't know that the design of Conquest—that is, Conquest's territories—is inherently bad, but in any case, the territories are tuned to produce very large quantities of debris cheaply (most of the time).  The res can also be harvested fairly cheaply (e.g, from a Hepha parked in the same slot as the territory).  Of course, players can still attack others for DSP or Hydro, and there are situations (especially at the highest levels, I understand) where the ordinary NPCs are worth hitting, but most of the game is about collecting the free debris—and merching some of it for Hydro, of course.  If large numbers excite you, Conquest is the universe where they are to be obtained with just a little diligence, credit, and help from a someone who's big enough to get you up to speed on the smallest territories.  If you find large numbers tiresome and contrary to what makes the game interesting, it's to be avoided.

kru

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 10:21:18 AM »
actually, and i'll speak with a reasoned and seasoned head....Conquest in the long term is a bad univers for the longevity of players unwilling or even unable to donate money to maintain play..

However, conquest is not the worse game on the market (my opinion is that hired guns is especially for new players/accounts)

Using conquest as a starter point, and aligining yourself with the right people who understand the importance of building an infrastructure, conquest can and does give an earlier sense of achievement in regards to progression.....however....that same sense of achievement through progression does slow, and eventually ceases and it just simply becomes about collecting as much res to allow for insane amounts of levels, ships etc to be built..

Conquest is pretty much a good starter block for new players who have never played these games before, as it carries more or less the same standard requirements in terms of technologies and pre-requisites, and a new player can learn a little from there and really use it to progress in other unis..

All unis are fun for for the people that play them, otherwise they wouldn't play them.  Some people don't like some unis, but only speak through the words of others, and not through their own expereiance..

Each universe offers something different to the players

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 01:42:31 PM »
I don't know that the design of Conquest—that is, Conquest's territories—is inherently bad

I would argue it is, how can you not get insane inflation when you keep getting free res every hour with stupid suicide attacks?
actually, and i'll speak with a reasoned and seasoned head....

How so? Did you borrow someone else's?

hehehehehehe

However, conquest is not the worse game on the market

It is. Why? Because I said so, that's why. Also because Matt said it was broken and until he states the same thing for any other uni then I'll go with Matt's statement.

Using conquest as a starter point, and aligining yourself with the right people who understand the importance of building an infrastructure, conquest can and does give an earlier sense of achievement in regards to progression.....however....that same sense of achievement through progression does slow, and eventually ceases and it just simply becomes about collecting as much res to allow for insane amounts of levels, ships etc to be built..

zzzzzzzz

Wait what? Sorry I seem to have dozed off mid paragraph. ::)

kru

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 01:59:45 PM »
oh look everyone....it's the.......

kru

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 02:06:56 PM »
I would argue it is, how can you not get insane inflation when you keep getting free res every hour with stupid suicide attacks?

how is it different to people (like you) who farm NPCs in any other universe? Only diference here is that i do not have to spend continously an amount of hydro to send out attacks..

It is. Why? Because I said so, that's why. Also because Matt said it was broken and until he states the same thing for any other uni then I'll go with Matt's statement.

hmmm, so your opinion is the gospel word...i think not, you actually fit the criteria of player who makes and forumlates an opinon based of of others...you hvaen't played the uni, therefore can't have a valid opinion upon it.....it's like saying you don't like cabbage, but you've never eaten it, but others have said it's horrible...

In respect of Matt, he did state such a thing, but corrected himself after being called.  Face facts, the uni worls perfectly as intended from day 1 of both its conception and release..

zzzzzzzz

Wait what? Sorry I seem to have dozed off mid paragraph. ::)

that's because you lack the ability to understand something, because you base your responses of of others opinions

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 02:49:04 PM »
how can you not get insane inflation when you keep getting free res every hour with stupid suicide attacks?

I don't think that attacks that are so stupid and suicidal are an inherent part of the design.  They could be tuned for less fodder and more firepower.

kru

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 03:06:17 PM »
I don't think that attacks that are so stupid and suicidal are an inherent part of the design.  They could be tuned for less fodder and more firepower.

they used to be cramed full of zues and thans and that made it difficult to hold and keep, however, it also made it inherently impossible by design for smaller and/or newer players to gain rescources at the speed speed and/or ability of the more bigger players..

As it is, i agree that the wormholes are crammed with too much fodder (arties/atlas/hercs/dioys), which offer little in the way of resistance.

birthmark-ant