contact
September 21, 2019, 05:17:15 AM

Author Topic: What has been your favorite universe and your least favorite  (Read 2336 times)

Offline gohabsgo

• View Profile
Re: What has been your favorite universe and your least favorite
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 08:42:38 PM »
What is the best one if you don't like the npc style and like hunting

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 09:16:02 PM »
What is the best one if you don't like the npc style and like hunting

I don't think there's any question that if you don't like NPCs, your best choice is Eradeon.  It still has NPCs, but they don't provide any RSP-resources.  Nova's probably the second choice: it's a fairly standard universe (apart from the “new” ships) and the NPCs don't provide DSP.

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 09:42:31 PM »
So, what happens when you get to #1 position, and you can only attack 3 other players plus NPCs?  And you can't increase your rank anymore?

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 11:30:10 PM »
So, what happens when you get to #1 position...
And you can't increase your rank anymore?

Who cares‽

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 04:49:51 AM »
So, what happens when you get to #1 position, and you can only attack 3 other players plus NPCs?  And you can't increase your rank anymore?

I was thinking specifically of SFC Eradeon here.  There will be no way to increase your fleet, buildings, research, etc., as there will be no debris fields from the NPCs you attack, no way to gain resources except by attacking the next three players who surely are going to be smart enough not to leave you much to gain when you attack.

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 05:49:18 AM »
I was thinking specifically of SFC Eradeon here.  There will be no way to increase your fleet, buildings, research, etc., as there will be no debris fields from the NPCs you attack, no way to gain resources except by attacking the next three players who surely are going to be smart enough not to leave you much to gain when you attack.

Yes, I understand all that, and fail to see the problem.  (Also, you're leaving out mines.)  It's okay if the #1 player is bored and frustrated.

And insecure.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 11:42:47 AM »

There's something wrong with your analysis there, IMO. I assumed your "can only attack 3 other players" comment was referring to a uni WITH stupid NPC res inflation (and some kind of infinite 1/10th RSP noob protection like Nova has). In Eradeon which is kind of throwback resource wise, the #1 guy will never be so far ahead of the pack that he'll have only three people to hit. In SDE pre inflation NPCs I was top 10, had the #1 fleet but when I gave it away Kip still hit my fleet for profit (he has #2 fleet but bigger RSP total). A non inflated uni means no one is invulnerable and even the top 1 guy is at the mercy of a 3-5 GA on him (or trap GD, or whatever) should he be careless with his fleet.

It's okay if the #1 player is bored and frustrated.

And insecure.

If you're secure you lose your fleet! Plus, when you're #1 there's only one way to go from there! :p

Offline SG

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 02:33:37 PM »
You win the game!

...and then you come to the forums and brag and use every thread to plug in your great numbers!  ::)
 ::)

see, one thing i have noticed with the rare occasions of posting on these forums, is that whilst you point out how he likes to hijack and brag every thread, you yourself seem to take great enjoyment in hijacking every thread against him.  No wonder he and others i know refer to you as a troll (whatever that is)

i do see though, that on many occasions such as this comment to him:

I wish I could buy you some self-criticism...

you have no concept as to what a contradiction is, and that appears to pretty pathetic on your part.  For all the comments, snide remarks you have made, at no point have you consider how much of a condescending ass-hat you really appear to be

birthmark-ant