contact
April 23, 2019, 12:19:05 PM

Author Topic: "Send Default"  (Read 1333 times)

Offline uncle_wilf

• View Profile
"Send Default"
« on: September 24, 2009, 10:14:51 PM »
Whose harebrained idea was this?  Now we have to avoid clicking on the big yellow links and hunt for the appropriate small yellow links to decide on a decent deployment.

And who decided on the default deployments?  Of the ones I've seen, there's not one of them that I'd use.  Particularly the "Destroy Artemis Classes" one.  That really is a piece of work!

If you can't get rid of it, at least give us the option to turn it off.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
Re: "Send Default"
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 11:38:58 PM »
I find it really useful as Im just starting out, and default really means the only viable setup for a fleet . .

But perhaps being able to EDIT the "Default" fleets? Not sure how easy that would be, but it make everyone happy :D
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline TheSlorg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 11:57:13 PM »
It works perfectly fine for me and the .00000005 of a second that it takes to move your mouse that fraction of an inch to get to the custom fleet isn't at all a problem.
Leader of the Outcast Gods
Moons Given - 0
Moons Received - 0

Offline scottbergen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 12:10:27 AM »
Why would you not send the default?  It works every time.

Offline uncle_wilf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 09:47:32 AM »
Maybe I was a little annoyed when I made the initial post.  Perhaps I should be more clear with my complaints...

Yes, it shouldn't be too difficult to move your mouse an inch for the average player.  But it does depend on your visual-spatial awareness being reasonable.  The fact that default link for a mission is closer to the custom link of the mission above, rather than the custom link of the mission itself does confuse my senses, even when I'm sober.  Plus, my eyesight isn't the greatest in the world.

Secondly, the default fleets may work, but they may not be ideal.  An Artemis and an Atlas will be slower than two Apollos, even if both formations can do the same job.  And you cannot fit an average payout of 375 resources in 250 points of cargo space, no matter how hard you try.

I appreciate that some people may find this easier, especially newbies.  But I don't.  And I would like the option to turn these default fleets off.

Offline Dexxter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 11:08:33 AM »
I think im partially responsible to this by stating...

it would be cool to know minimum requirements to the mission to prevent loosing ships in missions

But, i also wanted to save some default fleets so i dont have to reselect em all the time.
However this makes mission selecting faster, ty devs... really usefull funktion
can i add something tho?
What if we could set our own default? you dont actually need the artemis class if you got bigger weapon with the transpoert, so if we could set our default tfor the mission also?
thx

Offline rmac

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 03:49:45 PM »
are missions not a set time span no matter what ships you run?

Offline uncle_wilf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 03:57:40 PM »
There's a minimum time they take, but if you allocate slower ships, they can take longer.

Offline scottbergen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 04:44:56 PM »
The Raid a Passing Atlas class does seem to be incorrect.  As stated earlier (but not mentioned specifically), there is not enough cargo space on 5 Artemises to bring back the 375 resources expected.  It seems this default should be changed to included an Atlas as well.

As far as I can tell, all the other defaults seem fine.  Enough room, enough firepower, enough protection.  Obviously the higher your research goes, the more secure your ships get as well.

Offline Dexxter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 06:26:50 PM »
Missions seem to have 2 defaults.

1. defending force
2. Loot they carry.

1. If your ships cannot overpower the force, theres a risk of loosing ships, as defence forces will shoot em down.
2. They carry certain amount of loot (changes little), if you cant haul that cargo back fully, its partially lost.

thus:
1. If you can destroy the fleets, its not a matter of what ships you bring, so you could bring carrier instead of a fighters (if it takes normally 2light fighters and 1 heavy fighter, you gain same amount of firepower with 1 battleship/cruiser)
2. Just match the possible loot with cargo capasity = you get it all. With cruiser you can get it all with just 1 ship.

Offline Jumbo Jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 06:30:01 PM »
I think that this was a good idea and well implemented. While the defaults may need to be reviewed, it makes my game play all the more easy and enjoyable. Kudos to whoever thought of and approved this feature.
Former player

(\'Retired\' is too nice a term; how about, Quit? Why? Oh I don\'t know, maybe because the PvP interaction rules are obnoxiously selected, variably defined, capriciously enforced and altogether unreasonable... anyone? anyone?)

Offline Dexxter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 07:00:40 PM »
Quote from: "jamesarthurreed"
I think that this was a good idea and well implemented. While the defaults may need to be reviewed, it makes my game play all the more easy and enjoyable. Kudos to whoever thought of and approved this feature.
oh yes, totally agree to the last statement.
but id like ot see an option where you can set your own default, as at later points of the game, you might not have those low level vessels, only the big ones.

Offline Jumbo Jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 07:35:51 PM »
That makes sense. A default "default" and a custom "default". I could see myself using that, too!
Former player

(\'Retired\' is too nice a term; how about, Quit? Why? Oh I don\'t know, maybe because the PvP interaction rules are obnoxiously selected, variably defined, capriciously enforced and altogether unreasonable... anyone? anyone?)

Offline joseph jolicoeur

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 10:17:44 PM »
i agree that the send default button has made it alot less time consuming but custom default would be nice

Offline Kroab

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 07:37:39 AM »
I'd like to see something like a 3% chance of capturing the passing Atlas intact, as opposed to blowing it up and sucking up the debris.

birthmark-ant