contact
May 25, 2019, 06:03:21 AM

Author Topic: Sad day to be KBF  (Read 29470 times)

Offline Crude

• View Profile
Re: Sad day to be KBF
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2015, 10:47:37 PM »
I must admit, I enjoyed my time in Kbf... All this Bs about trade rates and such, YOU DONT HAVE TO TAKE THE OFFER.. Stop whinging!

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2015, 02:05:57 AM »
Wow, as I scrolled through this dying yet never dead thread, I read alot of trash talk because of Boris's trading ratio's.  I thought .. hmm ... how is that anybody's business but Boris's and those who trade with him?

As I continued reading, I found the same ass clown trashing a soldier's service to his country. A most cowardly and pathetic act to say the very least.  You see, I come from a military family ...

1. A Great Uncle who fought Hitler in WW2
2. My own father who served during Vietnam and for 20 years
3. My stepfather who served 3 tours in Korea and for 30 years
4. My brother who served in both Iraq campaigns and for 27 years
5. My nephew who serves today
6. I myself served but one enlistment, and therefore certainly gave the least of this listing.

So to hear somebody bashing ANY of the people who have provided him the rights and libertys to be able to voice his opinion, sets me out on a bit of a rage.  I don't care what you think about peoples playstyles or in game habits, but these people have sworn to give their very lives defending yours, so shut the hell up about their service. I for one am eternally grateful for all who have served, those who have lost their lives, those who remain maimed from service, and those who serve today that provide me the ability to even write this. Regardless of what country they have served, they have helped provide you the freedoms you take so liberally and without the slightest consideration for what that freedom has cost.

If you don't appreciate them, that's your issue to handle, but I don't think ANY of us should sit still and remain quiet when this garbage takes place.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 02:09:39 AM by WGW »

“And he who wields white, wild magic gold is a paradox. For he is everything and nothing. Hero and fool. Potent, helpless. And with one word of truth or treachery, He will save or damn the earth. Because he is mad and sane. Cold and passionate, Lost and found”

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2015, 02:20:24 AM »
Not to put too fine a point on it, but the only one you mention that actually fought for FREEDOM was your great uncle. The rest were screwed over by their own government in pointless wars that only caused strife and discord and death and horror. They all deserve respect for standing up and enlisting to fight for freedom, but that doesn't mean they actually fought for freedom.
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2015, 02:29:20 AM »
The military is an extension of the government,  it does as ordered to do, that is it's function.  I could care less what any of them did, if they were the best line of admirals cooks ever enlisted, I would be equally as proud of them. they served, they gave, they sacrificed. That is the point, and there is  no other. They had no control of what that service would include, and they, nor I, would ever make excuses or apologize for any of it.

I respect and admire all who served, regardless of status, regardless of station.  They served, and in their service, we all enjoy our freedoms to this day. Without them, without a strong military, I doubt we would be having this conversation at all.

“And he who wields white, wild magic gold is a paradox. For he is everything and nothing. Hero and fool. Potent, helpless. And with one word of truth or treachery, He will save or damn the earth. Because he is mad and sane. Cold and passionate, Lost and found”

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2015, 02:38:07 AM »
I don't doubt we'd be having this conversation. Every dictator falls. The more he tries to take, the faster he loses it all.

But I agree that those who serve deserve respect. I just wish governments respected them as the people do.

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2015, 02:45:56 AM »
I agree, they are sent into some pretty shitty situations sometimes, and that is regrettable. That some lose their lives over it is absolutely horrific, but that in no way tarnishes them or their service.  As always, in all countries, there are many many things we as the public are not made aware of, and probably never will be.  But our service men and women are not the ones to blame for any of that.

Now we could debate Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Viet Nam, and all the other conflicts, but that is taking our game in a direction its not really intended to do isn't it? 

My original intent was to halt the bashing of a servicemans sacrifice for his country, and gently remind us all as tomorrow approaches here in the US, to remember our men and women in uniform, and those who wore those uniforms before.

PS . if you know a veteran, tomorrow is a great day to thank them   :)

BTW Boris, even though you are not of my country's military, thank you for your service.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 02:52:28 AM by WGW »

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2015, 02:51:10 AM »
+1

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Buck-Rogers

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2015, 03:06:08 AM »
I haven't posted in the forum in years, but felt the need to voice my opinion here.

As pointed out earlier in this thread, there are many in the game who have served their country and others who continue to wear the uniform of their country (as do I).  Service is sacrifice and at times difficult and trying.   

Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen are an extension of their government, as War is a continuation of politics by other means.  Don't blame service members for the political decisions of their elected officials.  We go where we are told and do the best job we can in this imperfect world. 

Respect your service member, you would not be enjoying the benefits of this game without their past sacrifice. 

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2015, 03:16:56 AM »
Cen is correct in his assessment, besides WW2, in which case it was simply another case of all the other cases and nothing different like he, too, believes. They wont teach you in your history books in the US how US industries such as Ford were supplying the Nazis with logistics to help keep their campaign going. In WW2 the Yanks were in it for the profit and built an Empire on the back of European devastation, which they still profit from to this day.
uh ohhhh... the fat kid got a nuke button!

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2015, 03:19:22 AM »
And how exactly does that diminish those who have served? Back to my original point,.....

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2015, 03:25:21 AM »
And how exactly does that diminish those who have served? Back to my original point,.....

You are implying that for servicemen there is always a noble cause and I am simply pointing out that No, there isn't. Don't be so naďve! Instead there is always profit and geopolitical interests of governments no matter how they propagandize it.

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2015, 03:27:03 AM »
I could get into a debate about WW2 but I don't really see the point. It's the most complex subject of the 20th century, and every country rewrote history to favour themselves above all others; with the exception of Germany itself.

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2015, 03:28:00 AM »
No, I am pointing out that our men and women in uniform deserve our respect and gratitude. They don't all go to chow and vote on where they are going next, and any blame for what they must do falls on the elected officials who order it, and us as citizens for allowing it in some cases.

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2015, 03:41:36 AM »
No, I am pointing out that our men and women in uniform deserve our respect and gratitude. They don't all go to chow and vote on where they are going next, and any blame for what they must do falls on the elected officials who order it, and us as citizens for allowing it in some cases.

That is a pretty flimsy argument.
While I do respect those who serve their country for noble causes, I don't see how respect is due to those who engage in illegal wars to further the geopolitical interests of their governments. Ignorance and impotence is not an excuse either. You should know what you are signing up for.

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2015, 04:13:10 AM »
That is a pretty flimsy argument.
While I do respect those who serve their country for noble causes, I don't see how respect is due to those who engage in illegal wars to further the geopolitical interests of their governments. Ignorance and impotence is not an excuse either. You should know what you are signing up for.

Serve for noble causes only? Seriously? Grace, have you a clue how the military works? You don't get to pick and choose when and where you care to serve, if you sign the line, you go where you are needed or ordered. Trying to place blame on those who serve for mistakes made by politicians is plainly ignorant. They cannot see into the future and think .. hey! something I don't personally believe in will happen in 1.3 years .. I better wait to sign up!

These people, throughout time have PROVIDED you the freedom to even make that statement. Some gave all in that sacrifice too. They exist today PRIMARILY to defend your country from you losing those precious freedoms.  Have they been called into do things we can now see in hindsight as mistakes? Absolutely, but their job was never to make that decision in the first place, their job is to go.

It aint perfect, never will be, but it beats the hell out of what some others have to live with.... like Kim Jong meathead executing his cabinet member with a freaking AA gun for falling asleep in a meeting. Try living there awhile, and I am sure you'll come to love your freedoms, and those who protect them, a tad more

birthmark-ant