contact
June 20, 2019, 07:49:34 PM

Author Topic: Sad day to be KBF  (Read 29969 times)

Offline Swanvesta

• View Profile
Re: Sad day to be KBF
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2015, 10:32:13 PM »
quoted for truth?
Miss Kiki: Believe me I have been well warned about you
Miss Kiki: I think it was stated that Swan is the biggest nut job in the SFC game community

Biggest nut job on SFC - I claim it!

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2015, 10:35:14 PM »
Yes. ;D
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Swanvesta

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2015, 11:25:07 PM »
See the bold, and improve your reading comprehension.

did you really just do that.. you emboldened the piece that you had to skip over the point to get to :D

Then you haven't listened to many atheists, because I've only very rarely heard atheists claim they believe there is no god. Such people do exist, but they are a very small minority in the overall atheist population.

You can't say that anymore, because I'm an atheist, and I lack belief in any god. If evidence for a god is ever presented to me, I'll reevaluate my position. But so far that hasn't happened.

There is evidence of a higher power of sorts, we can get to that shortly if you wish, however I think religion is man-made, the same as science, it's man's perception of the physical world

And belief in science is perfectly valid. It also has nothing to do with the question of a god. A whole lot of theists believe in science, and a bunch of atheists don't. The Flat Earth Society is made up of atheists, for example. And the Catholic church has embraced science. Religion and science can coexist. Only fools think otherwise.

I think you either missed my point, or went off on your own here. It's well known that some of the most venerated scientists were indeed believers in religion. I cant remember who or the exact quote, but a well known physicist said something like "The more we find in science, the closer I feel to God"

Depends how you do it. If you're methodical and never try the same password twice then it's a victory for science. If you just randomly type shit then it's dumb luck.

All very scientific of you. Until...

That's not science. Science can't, and doesn't try, to deal with complete unknowns. The closest thing you can point to is the dark matter/dark energy issue. But they aren't complete unknowns. There are mathematical flaws in our understanding of gravity and universal expansion. Dark matter/dark energy are hypothetical solutions to these flaws that scientists are searching for. We'll eventually find them, or we'll find out that something else can account for the flaws. Because of the scientific method.

But, that was my point perhaps poorly made. Here are things, which we've conceptualised but our scientific method: prediction, cannot give us accurate information.. It will always be the case, imo, that rather than being ahead of the curve, we'll always be chasing the ideas til they smack us in the face, and we say "oh that's how that works"

If you want an answer for meaning or gods or magic or ghosts, science can't and won't help you. Not until something testable presents itself. But that isn't a flaw in science, it's a strength. It's why it always works. You'll have to try something else for that stuff, and you'll have to take it on faith. Science doesn't deal with faith, it deals with testable, repeatable, material, provable phenomena.

Bullshit. The entire foundation of christianity is the books used to compile the bible, and they make extremely specific claims on what is and isn't moral. The same is true for every religion I'm familiar with. It's possible there are some religions that don't set morality in stone, but all of them combined don't even equate to 1% of the religious population.

As far as I'm concerned, the bible, Christianity and every other religion on Earth are man-made, religions themselves would be nothing without belief and followers.. you see where i was going with that?

No. Our society of 200 years ago was built on religion. Our society today is built on science. WWI contained the first major steps towards a shift to science. WWII turned steps into leaps. And since WWII, science has taken over.

You said our entire civilisation was built on..  but looking at the raw numbers, only the last, shall we be kind and say 2% of our civilisation was science built. I agree, we're now pushed forward by science, religion still plays a part for billions of people though.

No scientific theory has EVER been proved wrong. EVER. Science has never been proved wrong. You need to learn what science is, because right now you're incredibly ignorant.

You should look up "caloric heat" or "caloric theory" just off the top of my head :P

Theory is a scientific statement that has been tested and retested ad absurdum until it can be said with near absolute certainty that something is true. Evolution is a theory. Gravity is a theory. A theory is a process. Not a definition. Light was never a theory, because light isn't a process.

I know the difference, sometimes I'm sloppy with my wording.. but theory, even in science does not mean fact. Even if the theory can be used in practical applications, it doesn't mean we've got it right, it just means we've tapped into something through blind luck.

But, I'm not sure you do know the difference, Scientific theory is not a process, but an explanation into some aspect of life substantiated via the scientific method.

Light is electromagnetic radiation. That we've not yet defined it to our satisfaction has absolutely no impact on the usefulness of science. If not for science, we wouldn't know as much about it as we do. And we'd never be able to define it.

It was just an example, but actually there has been Theories of light, including one from Newton himself :P

The moon landing. Quantum computers. Genetics. Satelites. Space probes. Nuclear technology. I could go on for years. None of these would be possible without science.

OK I can dig these examples, somewhat better than, the car i drive and computer i use etc
Miss Kiki: I think it was stated that Swan is the biggest nut job in the SFC game community

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2015, 12:03:28 AM »
All the pro Russians in this thread have all failed and averted to the fact that ONLY Putin has made statement and claim to the use of nuclear weapons......well, no shit sherlock.....that speaks volumes initself

Russia would never initiate a nuclear strike unless its sovereignty was under threat.
uh ohhhh... the fat kid got a nuke button!

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2015, 12:19:05 AM »
did you really just do that.. you emboldened the piece that you had to skip over the point to get to

Did you really just ignore the bold? You do know that a definition that has multiple meanings has multiple meanings, right? :P

There is evidence of a higher power of sorts, we can get to that shortly if you wish, however I think religion is man-made, the same as science, it's man's perception of the physical world

There is no such evidence. The very term 'higher power' is inherently broken and useless. For a term to be useful, it must specifically refer to something. Things like 'higher power' and 'supernatural' and 'immaterial' do not refer to anything. All they do is refer to what something is not, and that is completely useless in any discussion.

I think you either missed my point, or went off on your own here. It's well known that some of the most venerated scientists were indeed believers in religion. I cant remember who or the exact quote, but a well known physicist said something like "The more we find in science, the closer I feel to God"

And that scientist was an atheist, who used the term god as a metaphor so everyone could easily understand his awe. I use the term too on occasion, that doesn't make me a believer. It's part of English. It's literally impossible to grow up without hearing or using it in a English speaking area.

But, that was my point perhaps poorly made. Here are things, which we've conceptualised but our scientific method: prediction, cannot give us accurate information.. It will always be the case, imo, that rather than being ahead of the curve, we'll always be chasing the ideas til they smack us in the face, and we say "oh that's how that works"

Last I checked noone can see the future. How exactly are we going to learn anything without making predictions and testing them? You think the Americans would have developed a nuke if they skipped the prediction phase and built a bomb without an implosive device that used radioactive material? Maybe they'd have been more successful strapping wires to rocks and believing they'd blow up?

As far as I'm concerned, the bible, Christianity and every other religion on Earth are man-made, religions themselves would be nothing without belief and followers.. you see where i was going with that?

A religion isn't a religion without an organised belief structure. You don't have to be religious to believe in a god. But you do in order to be a christian or a muslim.
I think you are trying to describe spiritual beliefs. If so, I agree completely. If you have your own concept of god(s), then only you define ethics.
But no religion fits that bill.

You said our entire civilisation was built on..  but looking at the raw numbers, only the last, shall we be kind and say 2% of our civilisation was science built. I agree, we're now pushed forward by science, religion still plays a part for billions of people though.

I've never and will never deny that religion has a role to play. But religion didn't build our society, science did. Religion helped install the foundation, but the structure was because of science. We didn't go to the moon because of religion. We didn't build cars and trains and planes because of religion. We didn't make computers and phones and the internet because of religion. We did it all because of science. You want to see what religion did while science did all that, go talk to a mennonite.

You should look up "caloric heat" or "caloric theory" just off the top of my head

Psuedoscience. You might as well mention cryptozoology and ghost hunters while you're at it. Just because someone claims to use science doesn't mean they are. Lots of scam artists out there try to use scientific terminology to impress people who are ignorant. A brief research project proves they are frauds.

I know the difference, sometimes I'm sloppy with my wording.. but theory, even in science does not mean fact. Even if the theory can be used in practical applications, it doesn't mean we've got it right, it just means we've tapped into something through blind luck.

In science, the term theory is as close to meaning fact as you will ever see. No scientist will ever claim anything absolutely, because all science is constantly subject to review. Even the laws of physics could hypothetically be proved wrong one day. But try as we might, we haven't done it yet.
The only way to be absolutely certain of anything is to be omniscient. But omniscience is impossible. Scientists know this. So we use the term theory because it exhibits the quality of being subject to new evidence. It doesn't in any way mean that something is a guess. It's a fact, until proved otherwise. As yet, nothing that ever got through review sufficiently to become a scientific theory has ever been proved wrong.

But, I'm not sure you do know the difference, Scientific theory is not a process, but an explanation into some aspect of life substantiated via the scientific method.

No, it's a description of an observed and tested natural process that allows us to understand the why and how of said process. Often a series of descriptions. It can be about life (evolution), but isn't necessarily (gravity). There is no theory of sound or light or cells or rocks or anything else that has a definition. That's linguistic, not scientific. Scientific theories describe how defined phenomena react under certain conditions. Which is a process.

It was just an example, but actually there has been Theories of light, including one from Newton himself

Hypothesis. It isn't a theory just because the person who came up with it calls it a theory. It is scientific consensus that determines whether or not something is a theory. Anyone who makes a statement and terms it a theory is doomed to ridicule and embarrassment when 5000 scientists critique it. I don't know of a single theory that began and ended with one scientist. Newton got gravity wrong. Darwin only touched the tip of the iceberg of evolution, and had more wrong than right in the process. Theories get refined as more becomes known. No theory can be said to be perfect. It's simply the most factual we can come up with for now.

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Swanvesta

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2015, 12:43:30 AM »
ah man.. I'm not going to even bother with you, I've had enough for today.. you really need to check your facts.. I did.. what you just prattled off was no more than trolling for your egos sake.. very little insight or real content.

and dude.. picking at one word.. as in my use of the word life, instead of "natural world"  to somehow make your incorrect assertions of "process" plausible, is how grace and brianC manage to own you regularly.

here's some light reading for you...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caloric_theory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpuscular_theory_of_light

I love the way you nonchalantly, say scientific theories have never been disproved, then given evidence against that, turn your back on science, and go with belief..pseudo-science my ass.. Newtons theory held for 100 years.. your statements dont hold for 5 minutes.. says alot ..
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 12:46:33 AM by Swanvesta »

Offline Immortal Tech N9ne

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2015, 06:11:24 AM »
wow really really jesus christ who the hell started this damn convo back up ya'll need some hobbies for real and grace needs to get off russia's dick for real lol unless she from russia then feel free to get back on it

all i see is BBLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH NUKE THIS WAR THAT AMERICA THIS RUSSIA THAT BLAH BLAH SCIENCE MUMBO JUMBO BLAH BLAH BLAAH

together we are a powerful force as one mind body and soul let no evil enter nor attempt to reduce us because of the beliefs we hold and with this love combined with our strength we ward off pain and stress technician I am wholeheartedly in life and in death

11/30/15

4    Grand Admiral Twisted Insane T9‎    INQ    116,289,801,391

my victims MUHAHAA
SpartanBlob [BYOB] 3,400,560,000 DSP
Bad Monkey [TRQ] 24,941,965,860 DSP.
The Undertaker-[D12] 8,190,887,465
The machine-[FF]-14,922,637,738
Anomander-[TRQ] 2,608,073,370 DSP
Commander Ratpick-[No alliance] 1,408,295,575 DSP
Sardaukar-[BYOB] 2,865,823,634 DSP
Galvatron-[TRQ] 51,124,601,264
Firmwisdom- [SS] 1,210,754,693 DSP
Painbringer-[BYOB] 782,746,870 DSP
King Godzilla [SS]-294,796,422 DSP

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2015, 06:17:11 AM »

russia and the usa are next
together we are a powerful force as one mind body and soul let no evil enter nor attempt to reduce us because of the beliefs we hold and with this love combined with our strength we ward off pain and stress technician I am wholeheartedly in life and in death

11/30/15

my victims MUHAHAA

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2015, 06:26:19 AM »

11/30/15

my victims MUHAHAA

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2015, 06:42:13 AM »

11/30/15

my victims MUHAHAA

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2015, 08:57:15 AM »
ah man.. I'm not going to even bother with you, I've had enough for today.. you really need to check your facts.. I did.. what you just prattled off was no more than trolling for your egos sake.. very little insight or real content.

and dude.. picking at one word.. as in my use of the word life, instead of "natural world"  to somehow make your incorrect assertions of "process" plausible, is how grace and brianC manage to own you regularly.

here's some light reading for you...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caloric_theory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpuscular_theory_of_light

I love the way you nonchalantly, say scientific theories have never been disproved, then given evidence against that, turn your back on science, and go with belief..pseudo-science my ass.. Newtons theory held for 100 years.. your statements dont hold for 5 minutes.. says alot ..

^ One giant load of horseshit. You know shit about how science works, shit about it in general, shit about religion, and shit about atheism. Here's some reading for you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
http://www.britannica.com/topic/scientific-hypothesis
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

FYI, your own link agrees with me that caloric theory wasn't a theory. Rofl. Not that wikipedia is a great source to mention, but whatever.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 09:15:49 AM by censored »

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2015, 09:02:14 AM »
As for Tech9...

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Swanvesta

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2015, 10:48:51 AM »
^ One giant load of horseshit. You know shit about how science works, shit about it in general, shit about religion, and shit about atheism. Here's some reading for you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
http://www.britannica.com/topic/scientific-hypothesis
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

FYI, your own link agrees with me that caloric theory wasn't a theory. Rofl. Not that wikipedia is a great source to mention, but whatever.

That's where you're wrong.. but i know you well enough to know, even when wrong you'll never back down.. you'll even go to the lengths of making shit up, just to seem like you're right.. no-where on that page does it say "caloric theory" wasnt actually a theory.. In fact it does say how it was used tested and seen in literature for centuries.

and then, like a parting jab because you know there was an awful lot of truth to what i said on those pages, and your words just wasnt enough to fool yourself, you mock the source (while using it yourself)

OK wiki, isnt the absolute in research material.. but much like the rest of science, its under constant review.. if you write crap up there and someone spots it.. they can write about it.. and no-one loves disproving crap better than scientists.. which is why it's usually good information there.

The thing I like most about this, is the guy who doesn't think science works well, actually knows more about science, than the guy claiming to. You mistakenly thought of Scientific theory as Scientific Law..
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:22:02 AM by Swanvesta »

Offline Swanvesta

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2015, 02:06:12 PM »
And just to show some of your fabricated shit, I went and did some research and found the truth, you know that ol' chestnut science at work again..

And that scientist was an atheist, who used the term god as a metaphor so everyone could easily understand his awe. I use the term too on occasion, that doesn't make me a believer. It's part of English. It's literally impossible to grow up without hearing or using it in a English speaking area.

“The more I study science, the more I believe in God.”

–Albert Einstein (at best, Einstein was agnostic (which is neither belief nor disbelieve in God, but he repeatedly and undeniably denied being atheist, going as far as to mock them on many occasions)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Albert_Einstein

Here's some more, extremely well known scientists, with IQ's you could only dream about, that also believe in a higher power.

“The question of whether there exists a Creator and Ruler of the Universe has been answered in the affirmative by some of the highest intellects that have ever existed.”

–Charles Darwin

“This sense of wonder leads most scientists to a Superior Being – der Alte, the Old One, as Einstein affectionately called the Deity – a Superior Intelligence, the Lord of all Creation and Natural Law.”

—Abdus Salam

“A scientific discovery is also a religious discovery. There is no conflict between science and religion. Our knowledge of God is made larger with every discovery we make about the world.”

–Joseph H. Taylor, Jr

“It may seem bizarre, but in my opinion science offers a surer path to God than religion.”

–Paul Davies

“I believe that the more thoroughly science is studied, the further does it take us from anything comparable to atheism.”

“If you study science deep enough and long enough, it will force you to believe in God.”

—Lord William Kelvin

This one is just for you...

“The fanatical atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who – in their grudge against traditional religion as the ‘opium of the masses’ – cannot hear the music of the spheres.”

—Albert Einstein
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:24:45 PM by Swanvesta »

Offline von Imhof

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2015, 06:09:02 PM »
Russia would never initiate a nuclear strike unless its sovereignty was under threat.

In today's world...probably. Mutually Assured Distruction has basically nullified nuclear arms. To a point. Rouge states can not be included in that theory. But in the past it was a very real part of the Soviets plan to invade Western Europe.
Vienna, Rome, Bonn, Amsterdam, London, Paris, just to name a few cities, were all on the list to be hit just before an invasion. They did the research and saw what happened in Japan. Two bombs dropped in relatively in close proximity to each other geographically as well as time. They figured that small hits on all the major cities would disrupt the west enough to not effectively defend Europe and they could march in without causing massive ecological damage.
Head of Intelligence and Secret Police