contact
September 16, 2019, 12:28:16 AM

Author Topic: 3  (Read 4215 times)

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« on: March 14, 2015, 06:57:21 PM »
Hi All -

3rd TOURNAMENT PROPOSAL

The following proposal is based on 8 alliances participating. If we have more than this I'll modify the tournament into either a straight double elimination or do the World Cup format. For now, its a round robin in the initial round whereby all alliances are warring with each other simultaneously (i.e. each has 7 wars going at once). The top 4 alliances advance to a single elimination bracket to decide who is the champion.

To participate an alliance must have 10 members. The previous rules governing alliances adding player apply -
  • No alliance may add any players from another alliance that has been knocked out of the tournament
  • In between rounds, alliances are free to add / drop members provided it doesn't violate the previous rule and they remain above the 10 member threshold
The following tactics will constitute a forfeit by any alliance using them -
  • Resource dumping
  • Tag dropping while an attack is inbound
  • Unwelcome Group defend
As for Unwelcome group defends -

If the joiner is from a different alliance in the tournament then:
  • That's person's alliance will forfeit all of their Round Robin wars OR forfeits their round in the Elimination Round
  • The Battle will be recalculated to determine the points that should have be awarded using Battlementat. Unfortunately it will then be on those 2 fighting alliance leaders to keep track of their points manually . The war continues until one side acquires enough points to win outright
  • If the Battle would have resulted in a victory for either side then the losing side will surrender to grant victory to the winning alliance
If the joiner is from a different alliance not in the tournament then:
  • The Battle will be recalculated to determine the points that should have be awarded using Battlementat. Unfortunately it will then be on those 2 fighting alliance leaders to keep track of their points manually (Matt - Please let me know if BFG might consider adjusting points). The war continues until one side acquires enough points to win outright.
  • If the Battle would have resulted in a victory for either side then the losing side will surrender to grant victory to the winning alliance.
  • Alliance leaders are responsibly for conveying & emphasizing the this rule and the consequences if its violated. Please make sure they know.

Satellites are valid targets however its completely up to the players if they do or don't attack these.

FORMAT

Round Robin
  • Duration - 4 weeks
  • Diplomacy Rate - 75% (would like this to be 50%)
  • Victory - 50m Pts
Scoring -
  • 2 pts - Win
  • 1 pt - Tie
  • 0 pts - Loss
Total War point difference determines who wins in case of ties.

Elimination Round
  • Duration - 4 weeks
  • Diplomacy Rate - 50% (really would like this but if need be it can be 75%)
  • Victory - 75m Pts
Who plays who?
  • #1 Seed vs #4 Seed
  • #2 Seed vs #3 Seed
I'm looking for any other rules that govern the tournament. As always my goal is to maintain the spirit of the tournament rather than the absolutely "letter of the law". I'm working on the Prize proposal and will post that once I have it worked out with Matt & BFG.

Rayman

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
Re: 3
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 08:07:30 PM »
One thing is for certain -- if everyone is fighting everyone else, then no one can complain about someone else being in a soft bracket!

I'd love that first-round format, because it ensures that we (HOD) get to have a war with B.A.D.  They declined to dance with us following Tourney 2.  They were too tired, or something like that.

Offline Laz Triton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 11:16:43 PM »
One thing is for certain -- if everyone is fighting everyone else, then no one can complain about someone else being in a soft bracket!

I'd love that first-round format, because it ensures that we (HOD) get to have a war with B.A.D.  They declined to dance with us following Tourney 2.  They were too tired, or something like that.

It is normal for B.a>d. Mote mouth than action.

Offline Commander Kangar

• Nope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 01:50:22 AM »
Well, we did just win that little tournament thing. I don't figure we blew up all those ships with our mouths. So you can kiss my BAD ass!

Offline Laz Triton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 02:34:13 AM »
You won a tourney  so, you did not go against us. You should take a lesson from the Pilgrims who won the first tourney and learn humility.

Offline Prince of Dardania

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 04:29:41 AM »
HOD, and LazT, might not understand it since they had been knocked out of the tournament earlier but we did just finish winning a tournament. And I know we beat HOD and knocked them out of the previous tournament. And there was the underhanded dealing you were involved in. But go ahead and collude with PUKEGRIMS and BasedOn. See how much good it does you.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:33:13 AM by Prince of Dardania »

Offline Laz Triton

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 04:54:26 AM »
HOD, and LazT, might not understand it since they had been knocked out of the tournament earlier but we did just finish winning a tournament. And I know we beat HOD and knocked them out of the previous tournament. And there was the underhanded dealing you were involved in. But go ahead and collude with PUKEGRIMS and BasedOn. See how much good it does you.

I'm talking about a war. To quote one of your sayings Prince "qod salad"

Besides for one who Contributes so little, you have a lot to say.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 09:26:32 AM »
I'm talking about a war. To quote one of your sayings Prince "qod salad"

Besides for one who Contributes so little, you have a lot to say.

Well, I contribute more than you and I'm respected and listened to. You were ejected from B.A.D.. Does that still make you so upset you want to trade information on your friend? No one misses you here LazT. Not even your friend you gave away information about.

And we beat HOD in the previous tournament. Why do you think your outcome would have been any different?

Anyone know what "qod salad" is? Is that when you pontificate and everyone turns their back on you or tunes you out?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 09:29:39 AM by Prince of Dardania »

Offline Laz Triton

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 12:05:36 PM »
I Left B/A/D., I was not ejected and you p/m/'d crying for me to come back.

I left because of deceit and dishonesty,  things like you tearing apart  Jabs saying you did not want him in the alliance. Also talks about ways to twist the rules .

As per your contribution hmmmm, oh yea you have over 3 mill z;s and hide behind them like a coward. You are good at nuking peeps , boy that makes a lot of points.

You do an occasional hit usually  ob players way lower ranked than you . All of which are a cowards way to play.

Prove me wring come and get me or just continue to have the biggest  hypocritical mouth in the game.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 01:18:00 PM »
You were ejected. You stamped your little feet, pontificated and said me or you and we waved bye-bye to you.

Deceitful and dishonest? I'm not sure what you are talking about? Do you mean like how you gave away information on Jabs to PILGRIMS during a war? Caused your good friend Jabs to lose his fleet and B.A.D. to lose the war?

Or do you mean like how you accused me on this board of being a multi-accounter?  How'd that work out for you?

As far as the biggest hypocrite in the game, you hold that office, and since it's all you really have I would hate to take it from you.

And I only asked you back because Jabs and Jimmy wanted you back, but now they don't. I'm so glad they both came to their senses.

This whole little conversation started because you thought you could get some kind dig in on B.A.D..

Nobody, nobody in B.A.D. wishes you were here.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:40:37 PM by Prince of Dardania »

Offline Laz Triton

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 01:34:22 PM »
I hate to tell you that I left after I was given the option by Kangar to shut ip about you or leave. I also hate to tell you the info I passed on was not only from Jabs but after it was passed by three different members of your alliance, Besides do you think that the rest of the players in the game did not notice the large increase in your fleets.

As per my contributions , those who know me know what I can do. I built my account from scratch and without aid made it to the top 100. I fear no player and hit live targets even ones that are are higher ranked than me.
I have lost my main fleet because I'm not scared to fight but you can't show me a top pvp player who has not lost ships.

Anases the more you talk the more you prove my point your all mouth and a coward.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 01:55:47 PM »
I hate to tell you that I left after I was given the option by Kangar to shut ip about you or leave. I also hate to tell you the info I passed on was not only from Jabs but after it was passed by three different members of your alliance, Besides do you think that the rest of the players in the game did not notice the large increase in your fleets.

As per my contributions , those who know me know what I can do. I built my account from scratch and without aid made it to the top 100. I fear no player and hit live targets even ones that are are higher ranked than me.
I have lost my main fleet because I'm not scared to fight but you can't show me a top pvp player who has not lost ships.

Anases the more you talk the more you prove my point your all mouth and a coward.

You were ejected. Ejected ejected ejected.
So you're giving away information about me to others- (I expect that from you,) as are others in my own alliance? Good to know but that's not what I am talking about. I am talking about you giving information away about Jabs during a B.A.D. vs PILGRIMS war that resulted in Jabs losing his fleet and the war. I'm talking about you being a sneak and a spy.

I do know what you can do. You can run your mouth and lose a war for your alliance. You did a great job of that in the first tournament, but to be fair it wasn't your first time to run you fleet into a wall, you had done that at least once, maybe twice before.

I hit players ranked higher and lower than me, but the important thing is I make profitable hits when it matters.

Offline Laz Triton

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 02:06:40 PM »
This will be my last post on this , than as usual  as you do on about every subject you can have the last word.
I was given the option to shut up about you or leave I'm sorry your to delutional to see the truth.

I loose ships because I'm not afraid to be a pvp player. You keep ships because you rarely use them .

I did not pass the info to pilgrims because of what Jabs told me I did it after hearing it from three different B.A.D. players, unlike you I use facts not fantasy.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 02:16:43 PM »
This will be my last post on this , than as usual  as you do on about every subject you can have the last word.
I was given the option to shut up about you or leave I'm sorry your to delutional to see the truth.

I loose ships because I'm not afraid to be a pvp player. You keep ships because you rarely use them .

I did not pass the info to pilgrims because of what Jabs told me I did it after hearing it from three different B.A.D. players, unlike you I use facts not fantasy.

You passed on information to an opponent about a friend that resulted in them losing their fleet and a war. The T in LazT stands for treacherous.

Offline Laz Triton

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 02:26:23 PM »
I only passed on that bruce was sending res. to you guys to build ships which gave you an unfaur advantage against your opponent but of coarse that is what B.A.D. is about.