contact
September 20, 2019, 04:37:27 PM

Author Topic: How AA Destroyed the Universe in 41hrs  (Read 7755 times)

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
Re: How AA Destroyed the Universe in 41hrs
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2015, 06:30:20 PM »
Is there any more info on what actually happened or was it a case of a simple multi?

if so was there actually a "p mode bug" or was that someone simply telling porkies?

Just curious as all convo seems to have stopped and without a large uni group skype nothing seems to get passed around any more
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2015, 08:17:50 PM »
It is still not clear that there is a (p) mode bug. BFG are still monitoring to see if there is. Although the person that made it a big issue turns out to have been multi accounting, so we cannot take his say so into account.

Hopefully we will learn more in due course.

Offline Phil M

• Skype - thesevenlevels
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2015, 04:21:58 AM »
Is there a list of who were all "allegedly" affected by the "bug"?

If it was DF then its safe to say it a pile of poo, if there were others then were these the other accounts of a multi or a small group of players all in on something?

Is it limited to a singular alliance?
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2015, 04:51:27 AM »
Andy, as far as I know, still thinks there was a bug. We don't speak civily though so I might be wrong.
With DF out and Robin thinking he might have just fallen asleep, that leaves one mystery member of FROZEN who suspected a bug. Unless that person was DF's multi.

Bodge and I spoke about it a bit, and we agreed that he would be a prime target for exploitation of such a bug if it existed. That he hasn't been killed by it is evidence it doesn't exist.

I also think that I would be a prime target. I don't have as big a fleet, but my mouth and arrogance more than make up for that. Noone has ever posted a hit on me here. Wiping my fleet out would put an end to me claiming noone ever wiped my fleet out. Like me or hate me, blowing me up would be a feather in someone's cap. More evidence it doesn't exist.

And, to my knowledge, it hasn't been claimed by anyone since DF's cover was blown.

So in my humble (HA) opinion, there is no bug.
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2015, 08:49:41 AM »
Actually grace you are wrong.

The one person that we know has had a problem with the game randomly probing is kink from AA.

He told me 2 days ago that it is still randomly happening on his account and that BFG are monitoring his account to see what is causing the problem.

He is the ONLY confirmed case of the bug.

Censored is right, if there was a possibility that anyone was exploiting the game in anyway I would be in the top ten targets. Everyone thinks I am a bully in game. I see it as I am just aggressive. But it does make me a target. Andy and vastet, mama, sam carter, brick, arwen would also all be huge possibilities and none of them has reported a problem.

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2015, 02:12:42 PM »
I am unaware of what they have ruled out, you would have to ask bfg or kink.

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2015, 02:23:57 PM »
I thought Kink quit?
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Phil M

• Skype - thesevenlevels
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2015, 11:11:35 PM »
Andy created the myth of a p-mode bug because he could not come to terms with the fact that he lapsed and consequently lost his fleet. In typical Andy style, it was anyone or anything else's fault but his own.

Everything else is nothing more than a load of convoluted bs.

Hope that clears things up for yer

Sorry again, please refer to my history with Andy to see that i'm not being bias here.

Pretty sure if he fell asleep he would openly admit it and if there was a bug he would be giving BFG merry hell. Neither of which to my knowledge he has done?

I think your premise is not wholly sound, like your mental state!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:13:14 PM by Phil M »

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2015, 11:28:10 PM »
Sorry again, please refer to my history with Andy to see that i'm not being bias here.

Pretty sure if he fell asleep he would openly admit it and if there was a bug he would be giving BFG merry hell. Neither of which to my knowledge he has done?

I think your premise is not wholly sound, like your mental state!

You are right there. Andy is not making it an issue. And has NOT asked BFG for his fleet back. As you know there is no love lost between Andy and I and I am sure I would be the first to shout at him. But he has been great since I started this uni. He seems to be open with me about the subject.

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2015, 11:28:55 PM »
I thought Kink quit?

As far as I am aware he had not quit until 2 days ago when the name changed.

birthmark-ant