contact
April 01, 2020, 02:30:16 AM

Author Topic: New Design  (Read 5977 times)

Offline John M.

• Blue Frog Gaming
    • View Profile
Re: New Design
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2009, 07:55:06 PM »
Quote from: "grundalk"
Quote from: "MatthewPaulPenny"
... Are others unable to send out missions or find their galaxy because of the GUI now?
In my case, yes, My home planet can not send out missions. For me that sucks. However, I do like the changes on a whole and I already sent them a HUGE email with all of the little things I would change and problems that I have found. I can already see some of those suggestions being implemented. Is it pure coincidence, probably, but I will just fool myself into thinking that they actually listened to me.  ;)

I think i fixed your problem on the home page sorry about that.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2009, 09:12:08 PM »
I like the changes to the new GUI. Looks 1000x better now
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline grundalk

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2009, 09:34:12 PM »
Quote from: "jrmarks11"
Quote from: "grundalk"
Quote from: "MatthewPaulPenny"
... Are others unable to send out missions or find their galaxy because of the GUI now?
In my case, yes, My home planet can not send out missions. For me that sucks. However, I do like the changes on a whole and I already sent them a HUGE email with all of the little things I would change and problems that I have found. I can already see some of those suggestions being implemented. Is it pure coincidence, probably, but I will just fool myself into thinking that they actually listened to me.  ;)

I think i fixed your problem on the home page sorry about that.
Yes you did. Also, my Fleet section error issue has also been fixed. Thanks

Offline ak47

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2009, 10:10:55 PM »
The new design is way better than original, imho :)

Offline azrunnerjt

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2009, 03:02:19 AM »
I like the changes you have made in the layout / color-scheme since the the roll-out a day ago. Particularly, the way you have tightened up the missions page. Might I suggest modifying the color for the status bar from the brown to a grayish tone? (Perhaps the color you utilize for the "start" for missions when no more fleets available.)

Offline Ares17

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2009, 06:44:40 AM »
Here are my comments about the page layout and how to better improve it.

Top section:
1.  Add date on top of Time
2.  Change order of Link to
     Main Bar:
     Home
     Fleet
     Galaxy
     Buddies
     Gifts

Side Bar:
     Crew
     Commanders
     Tech

3.  Top Section is Frozen until the Mission | Building| etc nav bar

Home:
1.  Total Revamp of the page.
2.  Remove Field Size and Temperature Details at the side.
3.  Replace side bar with a list of colonies with an abandon colony Heading at the top.  Upon clicking, it will prompt user if he wants to abandon the colony
4.  Overview to be cut into sections (all sections can be collapsed):
    1.  Research Overview - will contain the current research progress
                                   e.g. Researching:  Laser Tech (Level 1)
    2. Building Overview - will contain all the buildings in progress in all colonies / homeworld
                                   e.g. Building:  Shipyard (Level 8) at 1:100:15 (cancel)
                                - text will be clickable and will redirect user to building page at the colony specified
                                - cancel button will cancel the building without need to go to the colony
    3.  Transport Overview - will contain all the fleet transporting goods including from other players
                                   e.g. Transport:   xx Ore xx Crystal xx Hydrogen from 1:100:15 to 1:100:11 (cancel)
                                          Deploy:   xx Ore xx Crystal xx Hydrogen from 1:100:15 to 1:100:11 (cancel)
                                         Return Transport:   from 1:100:11 to 1:100:15
                                         Incoming Transport from:  Loonatic [1:188:6]  
                                - planet coordinates will be clickable and will redirect user the colony specified
    4.  Mission Overview - will contain all the missions in progress in all colonies / homeworld
                                   e.g. Mission:   Harvest Debris Field at 1:100:15 (cancel)
                                - text will be clickable and will redirect user to mission page at the colony specified
                                - cancel button will cancel the mission without need to go to the colony
    5.  Combat Overview - will contain all the attack and harvest in progress in all colonies / homeworld
    6.  Mission History
    7.  Battle History

Fleet:
1.  Move Assemble Fleet at the top
2.  Add Source coordinates before the target coordinates
     - Fleet details changes as link to the source coordinates is clicked
3.  If there is a hermes in the fleet, default mission is espionage
4.  If there is a Gaia in the fleet, default mission is colonize
5.  Mission could be a scroll down menu instead of radio buttons
6.  Move Mission inside the box, line after select all button
7.  Move Dispatch fleet inside the box, line after the mission (if above is followed)

1.  Remove You have 0  new messages. ( Useless)
2.  Create different sections for:
     1.  Private Messages
     2.  Resource Deployment / Colonization
     3.  Espionage Detected / Attack Reports - for attacking and defending (Add please)
     4.  Espionage Reports
3.  Less space between messages
4.  Sort by Sender / Timestamp

Galaxy
1.  Compress space between colonies
2.  Separate Ranking in another column

Alliance:
1.  Ability for officers / leaders to delete individual posts.
2.  Tracking page for members who joined, left, or booted out including officer / leader which initiated the action.

Missions:
1.  Instead of having the progress bar consume the whole width of the page, cut the page width into three parts, first part is the mission description, next is the fleet sent, third part is the progress bar.
2.  Group similar missions together into 1 section.  By default it is summarize but can be clicked to show all the missions.
     e.g. Mission:  Harvest Debris Field x 5   | recycler x 1 (cancel) | progress bar
     The "x 5" is clickable to expand the details of every mission.
3.  Progress bar could be changed to show the total time instead of the mission and return time as separate.  At 50%, then the mission description changes to return.
4.  The unlock requirements for the lock missions at the bottom is missing.

Building:
1.  Queue option provide that colony has enough resource for building queue

Shipyards / Defense:
1.  Cancel option for building and queue
2.  Merge Shipyard and Defense page since they are dependent to each to other.
3.  Separate it by sections
4.  Not sure if ok, remove stats since it could be found in the link of the ship
5.  In current fleet, remove ship type with 0 count

Factory:
1.  Cancel option for building droids
2.  Queue option

Workers
1.  Ability to assign workers in that page.

Offline Lord Psycho

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2009, 12:33:15 AM »
I was hoping to see the lvl of the Shipyard, factory, and research lab on he appropriate page...I get confused at what level i'm on for the building and i have to go back and scroll around for it....which was something I liked from the original layout.

Offline The ZPM

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2009, 04:20:26 AM »
With recent updates today I am really loving the new layout.  Very slick and something you can start spending advertising money on to get some real volume of players.

My only real issue is response time which is slower than the previous version.  Other minor recommendations I'll submit via support link.

Offline Ares17

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2009, 04:55:58 AM »
The load time became slower because of all the new graphics they have implemented.  Maybe they should cut down a bit on the graphics.

I would also like to suggest a auto-tip toggle button.  If disabled, it would remove all the descriptions of buildings / ships / missions.  This would make the page more slick.  One of the main flaws of the building page is there is too much unnecessary information making the page long.

Offline Dexxter

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2009, 10:47:47 AM »
Energy used... ok thats good improvement, but how bout energy left status?
How bout if you put an icons on the info and if you hover ontop of em, you get more info on the statuses? like if you hover on ore it says you how much you do with mines only and if theres a droids, how much they add to the production?
On energy it would state how much power is overgenerated and is spare for expansion of mines.

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2009, 02:14:45 PM »
I noticed many progress bars will freeze now, making you have to reload the entire page.
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline Matt

• Blue Frog Gaming
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bluefroggaming.com
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2009, 08:38:32 PM »
Progress bars freeze for 5 seconds to give your UI a chance to catch up to our servers. If you just wait they should refresh themselves.

Glad you guys are liking it better. It took a lot of work but we're proud of it now.
No fleetsave = no fleet.

Offline The ZPM

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2009, 11:38:55 PM »
Quote from: "Ares17"
The load time became slower because of all the new graphics they have implemented.  Maybe they should cut down a bit on the graphics
Graphics can be cached.

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2009, 12:51:10 AM »
Quote from: "Matt"
Progress bars freeze for 5 seconds to give your UI a chance to catch up to our servers. If you just wait they should refresh themselves.

Glad you guys are liking it better. It took a lot of work but we're proud of it now.

I understand that, but sometimes it will permenantly stop and say "Please try again later" not a big deal tho, as one refresh fixes it all.
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline Legends

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2009, 02:05:03 PM »
What do the colored co-ordinates mean? They are in Shades of green and red.