contact
July 16, 2019, 06:35:44 PM

Author Topic: Let's brainstorm...  (Read 40494 times)

Offline Tuxedo

• View Profile
Re: Let's brainstorm...
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2015, 02:30:25 PM »
Lots of storm here some brain but lots of storm. I really could care less how many changes and improvements and NEW, NEWER, NEWEST ships and misc other.

I have a photo of a hit in the early days of SFCx with an inactive rank 26,000+ in the same SS of my first big DF creation. In the last 5+ new univ's about 2300 players begin the game and half go inactive in the first 30days and 90days about 300 really play and 500-800total maybe poke about.

2 things different about X1's start-up that have created imbalance. No pay to play escalate- A new univ releases and 3hrs later you can clearly see 2-5 players at the top arm wrestle on who's wallet can win. Moons in X1 came out 4mo after the game started.

If! And I mean this as solid gold of my time trade. I will never take BFG serious again unless the lopsided wallet is fixed! I have paid for my stay but refuse to pour into the cash register to advance through token buys at start up. I will not take SFC(xyz) new univ serious unless BFG finds a way to have 10,000+ players.

Fix please: No token buy for the first 30days of new univ's
Fix please: Have the free start for those who don't care to spend cash for a game. Have a $20, $50-100 package to start for added values to play experience.
Suggestion: No moons for the first 45days. No crash to make a moon, just build a Lunar Gaia that you send to the slot occupied by the moon. Balance on who gets a moon and when in luck needs fixed.

Marketing department at BFG getting 10k players to commit to the new univ is recommended. Many games I've played when announcing a new server give a month-ish notice. Networking, marketing, referring and advertise to achieve the 10k or more players.
--
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."
Henny Youngman

Offline LORD WAREAGLE

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2015, 03:28:23 PM »
Can you provide more details about what you mean?
you could have force fields given as lucky draw item to win and once it's used will work for a day against attacks(let's say a incoming attack is imminent you can use it to deflect the attack and any other for 24 hrs.)the attacker may wish to cancel his run but the forcefield will remain active until time period is up.

Offline cubguy

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2015, 04:03:26 PM »
Wondering why certain posts are being deleted.  I made an observant post last night......and it's gone this morning. If we are going to have an open brainstorming session, it should include everyone. 

Offline Zevssn

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2015, 04:08:42 PM »
This could all be outdated, as nova guns was my last uni.

Make the fleet-movement independent of planets/moons you have so that you can stay with your fleet where you want for as long as you want.

Decrease move cost or make the H mines useful, its wired that there isn't enough H around so you are stuck or need to buy it.

Inflation - This is what kills the game for me. You need to constantly farm NPCs to keep up, some inflation is good, runaway is just bad. Big numbers isn't impressive, its useless, and makes a lot of the game mechanics useless, mines, missions and building mechanics etc. (1,5 factor in research...........)

Inflation also killed the point of working together, as the people you could work with need to farm the same amount as you or else they fall so far behind/ahead they/you cant contribute.

Planet size, its a useless grind without any good reason.

p mode with the ability to cancel at any moment is also pretty bad. Its like saying; you cant plan anything in a strategy game, no problem, just buy this shit. instead of 1, 8, 24 hours, 1 week, 1 month you could have a [insert time here] box and pay with game credits.(limited to whole hours)

Offline sgt tj hooker

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2015, 05:06:03 PM »
WAR move token...costs 1/2 a regular token, but moves you into a system with a guy you are at war with.

in older unis, the moves can encourage moving down to the more populated area, and moving up is not allowed

Offline Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2015, 06:26:59 PM »
lots of excellent suggestions and good to see enthusiasm from both players and BFG. One thing I will point out though is that some of these suggestions would make the game too convoluted and time consuming. Simplicity is the key to a successful game.
uh ohhhh... the fat kid got a nuke button!

Offline Tupulak

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2015, 07:28:36 PM »
Like many here I am tired of the 'new' and 'improved' galaxies.

Improve the ones that are still running and your revenue will increase.

The constant release of new versions will give you a temporary bump in revenue but it quickly dies.

I am only going to play SFC original and no more of the new versions.

Good luck and hopefully you listen to your customers.

Offline R Mak

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2015, 07:59:52 PM »
Let us warp with our resources.

Home page either ship or summary tab.
indicate heph remaining time to land.
very cumbersome going back and forth,
while making plans of attack.
make simple for us to play.

one-click FRS using the same setting saved from last FRS.

Offline STORMBRINGER Soul Taker

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2015, 08:06:54 PM »
Better idea for planetary force field.

Much like the Nuclear Power Plant it consumes Hydro to operate.

while in operation it adds a level of shield strength to your ships and defense.
You can have it on or off.
The Higher the level of building the more powerful the shield is.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2015, 10:31:33 PM »
Update existing techs to be more useful. Example, update expedition tech to increase yields from general missions by x% per tech level. This would help alleviate the issue non fleeters have in gathering resources beyond merely stockpiling them for mine upgrades. Another example, have something like laser tech increase the rapid fire rating or success by x% or by y decimal point. A lot of these techs for the most part are complete garbage past the point of building your heph, and they could be tweaked or modified to be useful to some degree. On top of that, add player/alliance controlled territories to the game to increase the co-op factor which the game hugely lacks.

Applogies for typing this on my phone but I'll get back on my computer eventually.
Profit=Growth=Advancement=Good

Offline gohabsgo

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2015, 12:22:05 AM »
Change the speed percentage for fleet movement from 10-20-30-----80-90-100     to single percentage values   1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-.....98-99-100

love that...so you can fleetsave to a more precise time.

Offline sgt tj hooker

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2015, 01:51:06 AM »
love that...so you can fleetsave to a more precise time.

yes yes yes

Guzz

« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2015, 05:09:25 AM »

The one thing that frustrates me the most, is those that are playing using scripts to auto play their game, these players are obvious by just looking at the leaderboard, and surely BFG should be able to catch them. I would prefer to have the occasional captcha if they could be used to catch those that are auto playing out. I do not know how these scripts work, but there must be a way to catch and stop them?

Couldn't agree more.  This is a must as far as I'm concerned and needs to be addressed.

Offline Captain TAR

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2015, 06:25:20 AM »
My suggestion would be to eliminate  having to use tampermonkey and outside battle calc sheets or battlementat and just make  a pop out window from the main page that we can use as part of the game itself.

I also agree we need to really advertise and get new players on board on a regular basis.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2015, 06:48:29 AM »
I'd like to see a revamp of Galaxy/system/planet slot as well.

Instead of imagining the game as page after page after page of systems, why not condense it all into an "expanding" universe, where, say, a player would occupy one tile in an octagonal array. As a new player joins, or another player colonizes, the "universe" itself might expand or contract accordingly. Rather than a default time for X system and Y Galaxy for fleet movement and timing, the movement and speed, rather, are calculated by their distance from point A to point B. Doing away completely with the idea of a galaxy or system "stamp" and instead applying a true xyz coordinate system. Obviously this would require a LOT of coding to be able to do, especially so with the idea of a constantly growing or contracting universe, but it would certianly "spice up" the game a bit, and give a much larger view of the "goings on" around the universe.

Honestly, the true issue with starfleet universes as a whole right now, are that there are so few players. I remember being ranked, like, 100,000 at one point in Original. I was in an alliance (Unimat0) with a lot of real life friends of mine and their friends and so forth. The game didn't hold, obviously, and people started losing interest one after another. We (current players of starfleet) watched as BFG made changes to the game in terms of compression and such which everyone believed would help, but in all honesty, it didn't do much but help "end" the lower level/uninterested players' accounts, thus minimizing the game further.

The game was a whole lot more social and "fun" and "engaging" back then, and without a serious influx of new players, it might never be again. So the issue isn't so much about fixing this or that feature, or adding a new one here or there, but rather, creating a new universe that could draw in more players, MUCH more players to the game.

Another issue I had many years ago when I played a bit more was the "end game", there simply isn't any. Once I got to rank 1, I thought to myself "now what". For a while it was fun to see how long I could hold my lead or if I'd ever actually lose it, and eventually I got tired of the same monotony and stopped playing, sending my Heph off into the sunset while my account went inactive and players started passing me.

There needs to be "something else" at the end game worth staying for, something engaging.

Shifting gears for a moment, I've read a lot of people talk about PVP. While it is important to the game, it isn't as vital as many make it out to be, and to a degree could become more hazardous.

Lets be honest here, most of us who continue to play have never truly been "destroyed" and not many of us would stay beyond that, or, wouldn't take the game as "seriously" as we did before, knowing how far behind we've become. There needs to be a new "end game" beyond rank #1 overall and rank #1 in DSP.

A player, like myself, needs incentive to continue play beyond just "boredom", especially so when I don't necessarily have target "goals" or milestones to shoot for beyond just unlocking everything and trying not to have my fleet destroyed.

In a new universe, a player auction house might be cool. Spending credits or resources to purchase items like P modes, battle charons, or perhaps other resources like Eradeon or even just OCH. It would be even MORE cool to have hits generate "items". Those items could be cool little trinkets like a Krug skull that provides a player with a 1% increase in ship damage, or an Urcath Pilot's helmet that provides 1% increase in ship speeds, or perhaps a seeker mining vessel that allows for a 1% increase in mining production. Go the mmo route and apply a rarity to each, increasing their "power" and then make the "drop rates" accordingly. On top of this, allow a player vs. player attack to account for something "other" than DSP. In the same fashion of lootable items from attacks, we could have player vs. player attacks award "skins" or "skulls" to the successful attacker or defender and have a leaderboard for that as well. Because lets be honest, its one thing to get 100k dsp trading moonshots, its another when you get like 5 skulls for those attacks that you could have otherwise earned from attacking other targets.

In terms of the top 100, there comes a point where its certainly possible for the top player to have so much infrastructure that they could never, ever be passed unless they simply gave up. When you get to an Ore mine 50 and you're making more ore per hour than a new player could stand to make in the next month, there tends to be a slight imbalance there, preventing the new player from ever catching the "top dog" should he continue to play during that time. We've probably all had a foundry 7 or foundry 8 at some point, and thought, "holy cow, i could build my fleet from last month in 3 hours". I'm not advocating a cap here on total number of ships, and certainly not for infrastructure, but we've got to keep the eye on the prize here and figure out what our "true" end game is. If its the most overall points, a guy who joints the game today, will NEVER have a chance at #1, and that's not a very pleasing realization, and probably to some degree, accounts for a good chuck of players who leave the game.

Which brings me back to this. There needs to be some sort of end game, either player driven or alliance driven other than simply overall points.
Profit=Growth=Advancement=Good

birthmark-ant