contact
October 14, 2019, 11:46:46 PM

Author Topic: Be able to perform multiple merchant invocations at once  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
Be able to perform multiple merchant invocations at once
« on: February 20, 2016, 05:59:29 AM »
Problem:  As accounts grow, the amount of hydro that is needed to run a civilization (fuel ships and build hydro-intensive ships) increases at a rate that generally exceeds the rate of increase in hydro created per merchant invocation.  As a result, an increasing number of players find themselves needing to perform large numbers of merchant invocations.  Given that the current merchanting user interface enables a player to perform only 1 merchant invocation at a time, players are spending an increasing amount of time making hydro, which provides no sense of fun and satisfaction.

Proposal:  Enable a player to specify a number of merchant invocations, other than 1, to perform automatically.

Benefit:  For an increasing number of players, this would save significant time that otherwise is being spent performing one of the most dreary tasks in the game.  This would help reduce player burnout and frustration and increase the time available for satisfying SFC play.

See the mockup:  I propose two label changes and adding an edit control to the merchanting UI, whereby a player can specify how many merchant invocations to perform.  The application performs that number of merchant invocations (assuming an adequate amount of the source resource), decrementing the source and incrementing the target resource as each invocation is performed.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 06:03:52 AM by Admiral T-Wayne »

Offline Vashanka

• View Profile
Re: Be able to perform multiple merchant invocations at once
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 06:02:12 AM »
I agree that this feature would be extremely helpful.  At times I have to run 100 of them and it's tiring and time consuming since we aren't allowed to use Scripts or Macro's for it....

Multiple trades as if they were shipped off normally would speed things up and likely increase how often I do it. (meaning more money for BFG).

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 07:55:45 PM »
Problem:  As accounts grow, the amount of hydro that is needed to run a civilization (fuel ships and build hydro-intensive ships) increases at a rate that generally exceeds the rate of increase in hydro created per merchant invocation.  As a result, an increasing number of players find themselves needing to perform large numbers of merchant invocations.  Given that the current merchanting user interface enables a player to perform only 1 merchant invocation at a time, players are spending an increasing amount of time making hydro, which provides no sense of fun and satisfaction.

Proposal:  Enable a player to specify a number of merchant invocations, other than 1, to perform automatically.

Benefit:  For an increasing number of players, this would save significant time that otherwise is being spent performing one of the most dreary tasks in the game.  This would help reduce player burnout and frustration and increase the time available for satisfying SFC play.

See the mockup:  I propose two label changes and adding an edit control to the merchanting UI, whereby a player can specify how many merchant invocations to perform.  The application performs that number of merchant invocations (assuming an adequate amount of the source resource), decrementing the source and incrementing the target resource as each invocation is performed.

That will break at hydro storage 66 with the logistics Commander.  I sometimes have to refresh the max trade two or three times to get the received amount out of the red.

(Conquest)

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 09:55:37 PM »
HS 66 really isn't HUGE, at least not in SFCO (capacity about 3784 quads per merchant).  What is the capacity of the HS 66 in Conquest?

In SFCO, our capacity multiplier is 1.6 as you advance from one level to the next.  Do you have a different multiplier in Conquest?

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 10:35:29 PM »
Capacity of the same number level is the same.

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 02:54:40 AM »

Hey, I think they listened.  This is from SDE:

46768052620677 ore was exchanged for 18707221048271 hydrogen. Repeat this trade (5000 credits)

No need to empty the hydro storage either, except for the first trade of course!  :)

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 02:56:34 AM »
I JUS TSAW THIS AND HAD TO RUN TO THE FORUMS!!!

hip hip hooooorray!!!

Edit: it works too!  ;D

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 02:59:03 AM »
This is better, I think, as entering the wrong number in the dialog box you proposed T-Wayne could empty a player's credits instantaneously.

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 02:59:39 AM »
I JUS TSAW THIS AND HAD TO RUN TO THE FORUMS!!!

hip hip hooooorray!!!

Edit: it works too!  ;D

:)

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 03:15:23 PM »
I saw this as well.

THEY LISTENED!!!!!!

Not the same as being able to queue up 100 merchants at once, but it is GOOD ENOUGH!

Thank you, thank you, thank you BFG!

Offline Captain James T Kirk‎

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 05:16:37 AM »
I saw this too in Nova thank you BFG makes life a lot simpler  :D