contact
July 07, 2020, 12:05:53 PM

Author Topic: Rayman's Championship - Semi Finals  (Read 9994 times)

Offline idanthyrsus

• View Profile
Re: Rayman's Championship - Semi Finals
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2016, 06:37:29 PM »
I will take that as a compliment on my FRS Ability. I have been hitting NPC's, you just have to catch me at the right time and SS.

The following stats would say you are talking out of your backside:

RSP                           DSP
11,572,221,293,424 52,073,945,028,598 12/04/2016 11:40
11,572,221,293,463 52,073,945,028,598 12/04/2016 19:33

Top line are your RSP and DSP at 10:40 this morning, bottom line are your RSP and DSP at 18:33 this evening.  Look familiar?

Offline Mad Jack

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2016, 09:46:11 PM »
Mad jack, morgoth and rogan have had no ships visible ever, so may as well be in d mode as far as we are concerned.

Thank you.  Must mean I've done something right.  Have to admit, Imad caught them on the ground the other day and Ivan got some res off me.  Good on them!  I can always count on Imad getting a look at least once every war.

Offline idanthyrsus

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2016, 09:57:03 PM »
Mad jack, morgoth and rogan have had no ships visible ever, so may as well be in d mode as far as we are concerned.

Thank you.  Must mean I've done something right.  Have to admit, Imad caught them on the ground the other day and Ivan got some res off me.  Good on them!  I can always count on Imad getting a look at least once every war.

Yeah we talked about that.  We are surprised that Theo didn't turf you out for getting caught like that.

Offline Mad Jack

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2016, 10:16:35 PM »
Nah, Theo only put me and a couple wookies on the rack for a couple of hours.  Had to write I want leave res out 100K times on the board.  Then had to paint a sign on the side of heph saying I got caught flashing Imad.  Got off kind of light I'd say. Thank you for your concern. 

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2016, 11:13:59 PM »
We've had an interesting thought exercise arise recently, that hasn't been adequately covered in previous thinking about the rules.  This is very much a corner case, similar in a way to the 3-way tie for 2nd place that we had back in Round 1.  We had to address that on the fly, I'm going to address this hypothetical situation before it becomes real.

The intention of the minimum 10 players, not in d or v (and I would also include "s" in that), is to have a bare-bones number of players who can be targeted for attacks, to give the alliances opportunities for swooping around and trying to whack opposing guys and gals.

What if a player is so small that he can't be attacked?

I'm going to rule, before the situation arises, that such a player does not count among an alliance's active players.  He falls outside the spirit of having 10 players who are able to be targets.

I know that some will argue with me, that this isn't in line with the letter of the law.  But, guys, these tourneys are supposed to be fun events between honorable people, right?  I would hope that such people will want to be governed by reasonable rules and by reasonable interpretations of those rules, with the interpretations being based upon a knowledgeable understanding of the spirit behind the rules.  I've worked with Rayman and I've worked with Vash in authoring the rules of several of these tourneys, so I'm pretty clued in to the intention of the rules, including the intention behind the 10-player minimum.  Dis-allowing an "n" player as counting among the 10 is in line with the intention of that rule.

The bench is now open to pleadings :-)

THE SLASH

« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2016, 11:20:41 PM »
I agree. It would just get exploited to the max as a counter move. And will be used to go against the spirit of what a tournys supposed to be about.

Offline Captain Theodore

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2016, 05:10:01 AM »
This guy came to visit us. Old based on player. Matters not to me one way or the other. Just disliked intensely the way IDAN made such an issue of this implying were were cheaters and looking for loopholes to get by. That just  >:( >:( >:( gets my blood boiling. Case closed

Offline idanthyrsus

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2016, 11:05:35 AM »
This guy came to visit us. Old based on player. Matters not to me one way or the other. Just disliked intensely the way IDAN made such an issue of this implying were were cheaters and looking for loopholes to get by. That just  >:( >:( >:( gets my blood boiling. Case closed

I never once implied you were cheating.

However, it was not a big leap to make after a player joined your alliance one day before the war began, with a single ship that cannot attack or be attacked by anybody.

As in a lot of things, perception is king.  Which was why we had the discussion outside of this message board to sort things out.

I guess if you don't like the decision that was reached you can always take it out on me in the game.

Offline Wedge Antilles

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2016, 04:22:49 PM »
I guess if you don't like the decision that was reached you can always take it out on me in the game.

It would seem that they cannot.

Offline idanthyrsus

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2016, 06:25:11 PM »
It would seem that they cannot.

I've been out of P and D mode for the last 11 hours or so.  Never even been probed.

Perhaps they are plotting something...

Offline Rogan

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2016, 07:17:13 PM »
I've been out of P and D mode for the last 11 hours or so.  Never even been probed.

Perhaps they are plotting something...

BFG gets a lot of credits for Shadow Probes now days...
War Commander Dark Disciple Of Muad'Dib [Based Ωn]

Quote from: Pliny the Elder
"The depth of darkness to which you can descend and still live is an exact measure of the height to which you can aspire to reach."

Offline idanthyrsus

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2016, 08:36:06 PM »
BFG gets a lot of credits for Shadow Probes now days...

Don't need to shadow probe, I can tell you what's at each planet :)

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2016, 12:12:52 AM »
I personally think that shadow probes are way overused.  It's a war, folks, people expect to be probed.  Save yourself some credits and use the regular stuff.

I remember back in T4 when some guy in an alliance that shall not be named dutifully shadow probed about 14 of my planets and moons.  He finally ran out of the things and spied me with regular probes for the rest.  I asked him why he probed only 4 of my heavenly bodies, to which he replied that he had run out of shadows.  He spent 280K credits doing something that he could have done just as well using regular probes. 

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2016, 01:10:05 AM »
Shadow probes have their use for special situations but for intelligence gathering as a whole its wasteful.

Offline Treakle the Sweet

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2016, 06:59:57 AM »
I only use shadows against someone who might have a FB alarm set up and left a fleet during their offline Time.  I don't want to alert them to an incoming attack.

birthmark-ant