contact
August 20, 2019, 06:48:23 PM

Author Topic: A Hep. Question?  (Read 1105 times)

Offline nomadd40

• View Profile
A Hep. Question?
« on: April 09, 2016, 07:59:44 AM »
I have a Hephaestus . My question to the players who have been here for awhile. Is it possible to live completely . No planets, abandon them all and just live off your Hep. And if so, has anyone tried.
No Borg ever won a war dying for the collective. Only decimating, or assimilating the other poor species.
Assimilated from Gen. Patton's speech.

nomadd
ASSIMILATION DRONE Unimatrix 0

THE SLASH

Re: A Hep. Question?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 09:22:29 AM »
YOU CAN NEVER ABANDON 1 HOMEWORLD PLANET

Offline Bulgarian Teal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 04:07:47 PM »
Besides that, what are you going to do with the OCH you collect?

Offline nomadd40

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 12:54:50 AM »
The Hydro.  that will be used .  The ore and cryl. can be traded for hydro.  or given to lower players. The DF. fields can be left as I move on.  It would be harder to find me if I am moving. I am sure with this type of style of play, I would be bound to make a few players mad.  I can see where I would need one planet devoted to ship, and tech.  It was something I wondered.  Look at my name nomadd. 
No Borg ever won a war dying for the collective. Only decimating, or assimilating the other poor species.

nomadd

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 02:39:30 AM »
Why not keep 6 or 7 well spaced, well developed planets with moons?  You can be build the warp gates up to high levels while leading the nomad life.  You can let them lay fallow with the mines off when your ships aren't there.

Offline nomadd40

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 08:17:39 AM »
Why not keep 6 or 7 well spaced, well developed planets with moons?  You can be build the warp gates up to high levels while leading the nomad life.  You can let them lay fallow with the mines off when your ships aren't there.

I am new to running a Hep.  I tried a couple of runs around Gal. 10.  Players I had watched for a few weeks came on, or some one hit them first.  Then I practiced on NPC's. I would launch to land within 8 hours, when I saw a new one spawn.  I land in the same slot as them. Hit them, my recycle time was 13 min. round trip.  But my attack time was 42 min. with Proms.  Gofigure.  I was doing better with my  Hep. Parked in my home system.
On some of the live players, I only caught 2.  5 came on before my attack landed. I used to attack with a MAC. But that takes lots of Hydro.  I like the Hep. concept.  I just need to practice more.  But if you are trying not to be a target, having less planets to hit, seems like the way to go.  When I came up with the Question I asked, I was thinking since the Hep. takes up a planet slot, could u do away with all your planets, and just live off your hep.  Like Independence Day, a space faring race, hitting other species, gathering up all there resources, and then moving on.  Sort of like the Borg.

nomadd

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 08:31:59 AM »
You can.  But like the first reply said, you have to keep at least one planet.  But ship attrition from battles necessitates a Shipyard somewhere to rebuild at.  Just having one will be sure to attract campers on its doorstep waiting for your heph's return.

Offline nomadd40

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 08:40:41 AM »
I want to thank everyone for there input, it has given me a lot to think about.  Good luck and Good hunting to you all.

nomadd

THE SLASH

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2016, 11:18:11 AM »
You can always mac about aswell if you have lots of gaia built

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 01:30:48 PM »
Then I practiced on NPC's. I would launch to land within 8 hours, when I saw a new one spawn.  I land in the same slot as them. Hit them, my recycle time was 13 min. round trip.  But my attack time was 42 min. with Proms.  Gofigure.
Minimum distance to hit a NPC is 1 planet away. So even if you are in the same slot and hitting from underneath, the came calcs attack ships flight time from 1 planet away. The same distance restriction hasn't been aclced for harvest missions so you're hitting from "one planet" away but harvesting from underneath.

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 01:18:11 PM »
Instead of trying to give enemies less (fewer) targets, at the detriment of your progress, learn to build an account that you can defend and adjust your playing style accordingly. Hunting from your heph is fun and has many benefits, but it's not designed to be your "world".

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 07:11:56 AM »
+1 to what some others have said, regarding the benefits of keeping planets around for research and for ship production.  Once you get into researching higher levels of the AWS and speed techs, having 9 high-level research labs, all tied together with ARCNet, will be very beneficial.

birthmark-ant