contact
November 12, 2019, 05:19:49 AM

Author Topic: An analysis of player DSPs/RSPs ratios  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
An analysis of player DSPs/RSPs ratios
« on: June 23, 2016, 04:56:48 AM »
There has been a lot of discussion during the past few months regarding players zooming up the leader board.  To get some idea regarding what these people have been doing to achieve these wondrous upward movements, maybe by probe riding, I did an analysis tonight of the DSPs/RSPs ratios of the players in the Top 50 by total rank.  The findings surprised me!

First, my criterion for interpreting someone as being a probe rider: If someone had 5x or more DSPs as RSPs, I took that as a measure that they had been "gifted" DSPs via probe rides -- either that or sometime recently they had lost essentially their entire fleet!

I was pleasantly surprised to find that only 4 players among the Top 50 had DSPs/RSPs ratios greater than 5.  This suggests to me that very few high-ranked players are taking the no-cost route of probe rides in order to achieve illusory high rankings.

One thing that I did note, though, was that many more people had unusually LOW DSPs/RSPs values.  For players not in the Top 100 to 200, I'd interpret this as being indicative of their being DF thieves.  For folks in the Top 50, I'd interpret this as being indicative of their either buying or being gifted with lots of OC and then using that to build stuff. 

Anyway -- of  the Top 50 players, 12 had DSPs/RSPs values less than 1.0. These ratios are clear indicators of upward movement mainly by no-effort res acquisition.  Another 5 had ratios between 1.0 and 1.5, suggesting that they had received some substantial resource help along the way, but that they still were earning their position mainly by "the sweat of their brow".

The great news to me from this analysis is that a significant majority of players in the Top 50 are playing the game diligently and earning their rank.  There is about a third that appear to have had either DSPs or RSPs assistance that has significantly enhanced their position.  This IS a substantial fraction, but at least this isn't a majority!

Offline Tricky Dicky

• Banana Council
    • View Profile
Re: An analysis of player DSPs/RSPs ratios
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 02:08:23 PM »
its been really tiresome trying to rank up when you see that the last couple of weeks has seen players from the 200's fly past me, i was ranked #32 and now im #60.

i hit targets of 2.4Q dsp's mainly one hit per day.

these guys/gals are jumping in 5Q's per day sometimes more.

hydro is our main thing we need, im waiting on HS51 to complete, and it took me a few hits to gather that.  it seems as tho whatever i do to better my account, i get shot down by the o/c traders.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 11:53:52 PM »
forget about ranking up, focus on playing to have fun.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 03:32:48 AM »
Pantin,

I agree.  The main person I play against is myself.  I set goals, set a challenging date to achieve the goal, and play like mad to beat my "best estimate" projection.  Reach that objective, rinse and repeat.  That helps keep the game fresh for me.

Offline James Potter

• do the happy dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 10:02:03 PM »
still Crying?

Offline James Potter

• do the happy dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 11:59:42 PM »
Soldier T-wayne this thing you talking about is it allowed or not ? if its not allowed what your talking about maybe a ticket to BFG will help

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 12:40:33 AM »
This thing...it's allowed. It just sucks to those who aren't doing it. LOL

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 01:20:29 PM »
It's allowed, but newer unis don,t suffer from that "problem" since they have proportional DSP for GAs.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 10:09:33 PM »
Yes, it's too bad that BFG won't retro-fit that feature into SFCO.

Offline Rayman of HV

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 11:54:56 PM »
It would be nice.

Offline daddy rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 12:43:57 PM »
I'm not going to deny it. I received a really good invite from starcaster just before he left the game which brought me up to where i am now. however .... I am doing hits in the red and winning them, collecting the res, and building myselfe up. Yes, I have watched others blow by me too, yet thier rankings dont sow they are fighting for it. Either they are probe riding most of the time, or " buying " thier way up. With most of my foundries in the high 30's, caps in the 40's, shipyard40's, ,  research at 45 pretty much across the board, i am sustaining pretty well. I also have most of my building slots filled with Androids

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 03:00:28 PM »
Yes, it's too bad that BFG won't retro-fit that feature into SFCO.

At this point though, with the number of unis around, if you're playing sfco with that broken useless DSP leaderboard, then it's not so much on BFG as it's on you. As in you chose it.

birthmark-ant