contact
October 19, 2018, 03:55:31 PM

Author Topic: Captcha ... on Trade Merchant  (Read 2047 times)

Offline DolphinDiver

• View Profile
Captcha ... on Trade Merchant
« on: September 24, 2016, 11:29:14 PM »
I think the game is uncomfortable enough in calling the trade merchant but that a Captache shows up on calling multiple Trade Merchants is not really smart. What do you think will happen when a player gets suspended while spending money on the game?  :o

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
Re: Captcha ... on Trade Merchant
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 07:31:06 PM »
Out of interest, was it more than 20 times?

Offline DolphinDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 12:43:11 AM »
Yup - much more...

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 05:01:08 AM »
Lol.  Never gone past 12 myself. 

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 05:50:59 PM »
CAPTCHA will only appears if you're doing it at such a rapid rate to make us believe it is automated.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline DolphinDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 07:59:44 PM »
Automated spending of credits is very unprobably... However, there was a new function added to the interface called "Repeat this trade". Its a one click function and its possible to click that fast enough that a CAPTCHA shows up. The idea of the CAPTCHA from my undestanding is to avoid automated parsing of galaxies so the CAPTCHA shows up at a place where it was not design for. I just report this as mistake and hand it over to the program designer to correct or keep it. I hope my feedback was a help to improve usability of the game blah blah blah...

Offline napl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 05:59:06 PM »
I've also have triggered captcha doing merchant trades...

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 07:16:42 AM »
The CAPCHA seems to pop up after about 100 merchant invocations.  It is incredibly aggravating, because after 100 or so clicks, you are pretty much into mind-numbed mode and it is very easy to continue to click that "Repeat this trade" link after the CAPCHA has popped up.  After you fill in the CAPCHA screen, you can't get the app to go back to the state where you can continue clickety-clicking.  SO, you have to kill the browser tab, use a fleet to launch your hydro off the planet, recreate your tab, start clicking again to resume creating hydro, and recall your fleet.

Once upon a time, before BFG implemented the "Repeat this trade" link, it took about 15 seconds to do a trade.  With the link, we are down to about 1 - 1.5 seconds.  For us big spenders, it would be grand if BFG revisited my original proposal for the feature, which provided a means for specifying how many conversions you wanted to do.  I did well over 1000 conversions today.  This "dial a number" feature would have been very handy!

Offline Laughter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 07:35:04 PM »
It comes when I click on the repeat on the repeat trade link too fast too. We know this captcha is there to prevent automation but you all should know that automation can get around this captcha. The captcha is not effective and is only hurting people that want to do massive trades.

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 05:46:05 PM »
Am I understanding this correctly?  You are doing dozens or even hundreds of merchant trades at one sitting?

birthmark-ant