contact
December 06, 2019, 11:39:03 AM

Author Topic: A push to bring in more players back to universe 1  (Read 7255 times)

Offline Tybors Master

• We are stonger together, than we are apart.
    • View Profile
Re: A push to bring in more players back to universe 1
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2018, 04:11:21 PM »
BFG is running a business, and the bottom line is, exactly that.  Without enough $$ coming in, the business fails.

When other universes were started, we lost players.

The complaints were that those with some $$ to spend, were able to rise quickly in rank.  Those without, could not.

What if only ORIGINAl had existed.  When I came on board in early 2010, a hundred galaxies, and 200,000 players.  Would they still be here?  Would the game still be the powerhouse it once was?

I did go to other Universes, and one petered out quickly after other Universes started. 

If we believe this universe is dead, then it will be.  There used to be motivation to get personal friends involved, through facebook.  But what is the motivation, when the motivator (BFG) continues to lure players into new versions.

The pie is getting smaller and smaller, and the complainers here, and wanting changes to the game structure. Other universes have other structures. Different speeds, different ships blah blah blah.

What needs to happen, is to have BFG stop cutting the pie into maller and smaller pieces. Stop luring people into different versions.

I played 3 other versions, took a sebatical, and returned to this version a couple of years ago.  The number of players then, was about 2,400.  it is now about 1,800.   It isn't our business to bring people back to Original. It is BFG's business to do with as they please.  Playing multi versions, allows them to count your presence in each universe, as a player multiple times.  Their promoting the games, gives a grand total of all the players.

Sadly, BFG is both the giver, and the taker.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2018, 12:24:38 AM »
The only way people would go back to original is if it was reset....while at it double the speed , add new ships...and limit npcs growth...but none of that will ever happen...so it will die too
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Lord Cochrane

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2018, 06:44:40 PM »
One way to bring players back to this universe is for BFG to start a new ad campaign on Facebook, call it "Starfleet Legends" or "Starfleet Legacy", something like that. There must be many old players out there that will get intrigued enough to come back and give it a try, maybe even some that left before NPCs came about. If we did get an influx of new players it might make sense to change newbie protection to be graduated like Eradeon Extreme.

After reading earlier posts I see my comments are not original, but the thoughts behind them were. I also had the thought about improving the Lucky Draw but didn't mention it because I figured BFG won't do anything that drastic.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 05:49:07 PM by Lord Cochrane »

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2018, 03:06:44 AM »
Well...I'm back. 😕

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2018, 02:53:23 AM »
Welcome back!

Offline Scott Antichow

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2018, 11:38:03 PM »
Wow! Is this place ever dead! A new account ranks at 1640. Crazy how many people have left. Not quite a year ago when I left. Anyway nice to see some of you guys still hanging in there.

Offline Kamgomy

• Facebook - Kamgomy
    • Skype - KamgomyCC
    • View Profile
A push to bring in more players back to universe 1
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2019, 06:43:33 AM »
Yes Greg is the one that told me there is a forum about wacky packages. If I ever find any more of these I will research them better and if I have any questions I will come on the forum and ask. It never even crossed my mind that someone would restick these on to a different back.

Offline Louie Wu

• We like to have fun here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2019, 02:56:53 AM »
I started playing a bit again and got chided by a guy that went inactive so I hit him. What's the etiquette now? Is it bad form to hit someone that has just gone inactive?

Offline nomadd40

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2019, 05:53:15 AM »
Inactives have no friends 8)
No Borg ever won a war dying for the collective. Only decimating, or assimilating the other poor species.
Assimilated from Gen. Patton's speech.

nomadd
ASSIMILATION DRONE Unimatrix 0

Offline QuinnDexter

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2019, 09:53:20 AM »
Why would anyone want to join an established universe, its tough enough if you miss the start by a few days, how long has Uni 1 been running...

Offline QuinnDexter

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2019, 09:58:15 AM »
easy to bring new players into a new uni.. but not to an old one.. all bfg needs to do is reinstate the old introduction bonus of an android for each new player you introduce, when they stopped that i stopped introducing new players, between 200 and 1000 per uni, and most players were achieving these numbers, BFG thought sales of andriods were better for their pockets than new players...

i would be willing to go back to that.. ball is in your court BFG :)

Offline QuinnDexter

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2019, 10:00:53 AM »
the other big problem is hydro it doesnt scale with growth, make hydro scale with growth and we would loose less players as the uni ages

birthmark-ant