contact
September 23, 2018, 04:23:36 PM

Author Topic: JV4 starts January 15, 2018 00:00 Game time Official rules posted here  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
I had previously stated that I was wanting to do a traditional style tournament for the JV but after participating in Rayman's tournament I see the advantages of doing a point system rewarding attacks, and also if you have a war winning attack it isn't the end of the tournament for an alliance, it encourages players to keep moving forward trying to outwit their opponents. I wanted to get your feedback please before I start working on the final rules. Some of you might wonder why you are included, it is because I value your feedback about the upcoming JV tournament with your game experience. I realize that some of you are not participating, but I would still appreciate your feedback.

T-wayne of HOD has given me some interesting thoughts about how to monitor p-mode (as this has been a problem with players excessively hiding out in pmode). For example I will have each alliance participating responsible for monitoring another alliance as these are the most likely to complain about p-markers. If a person is going to go in pmode it needs to be no longer than 10 consecutive hours in any given 24 hour period. If they come out of p-mode they need to be out of pmode for at least a few hours, no probing then going back into p-mode to prove you were out of p-mode. I understand real-life issues do happen. First violation of excessive pmode is a warning. 2nd is forfeiture of a war-win, 3rd violation is disqualification. I am trying to set up an outside group to help monitor p-mode during the tournament whose neutrality is above reproach.

Second issue to address is the active alliance component: Each alliance needs to field a team of minimum 5 active players. I am not too concerned with how many your total alliance is (large or small) but there needs to be at least 5 players attackable, not in d-mode, vacation or suspended. I think I covered the p-mode issue above.

3rd issue: Rank caps: I will break players into hittable brackets. Players whose rank is lower (i.e. 500 rank) can attack players above them (i.e. rank 128) but players can not attack the lower brackets UNLESS they were first attacked by the smaller player (Please provide a screenshot to prevent any disputes about this)
****With the rank cap, I 100% do not want any players ranked 1-100 doing any group defends on any smaller players. You can send your membership res to reimburse them, but remember this is the JV tournament, the focus is on helping the smaller players get game experience and have fun doing PvP attacks. Ranks 1-100 will not do group attacks either. This is to encourage small players to get outside of their comfort zone. If the small players have to constantly worry that attacking someone in the system of a larger player will generate a Group Defend that discourages them so I am trying to eliminate that. I explain the rank brackets below.

4th issue: There will be no res dropping from anyone on anyone that is not asked for. I should not have to elaborate this.

The spirit of this tournament is to have fun, have a decent target pool to be able to attack and help the smaller players get PvP attacks. I understand some alliances have players ranked less than others, when we have the final tally we will address this potential issue.

Tag-dropping: I personally feel anyone dropping their alliance tag should not continue forward, but T-wayne has mentioned there might be reasons (he has not clarified) why someone might do this. His reasoning for this is that someone might want to join then decide they are too busy in real-life to participate but round 2 frees up some time, so if they drop during round 1 they can come back for round 2.  Once a person drops their alliance tag they are prohibited from joining until the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Admiral T-wayne and Stina Starr are here to help admin this tournament with their previous experience, also Rayman is here as well. If you have any disputes please message one of them or myself, we will discuss the issue and issue a ruling.
If I have left anything out please let me know. I will address the war requests point values and who sends war requests to who later on. If you feel there is a rule from a previous tournament that should be applied please let me know. I don't go read all the previous tournament rules so if I have left something out that you feel will be advantageous to this tournament please let me know, otherwise I am not going to go read through all of them, that is a lot of information to process.

The official start time of the JV4 is 00:00 game time Monday, January 15, 2018.

All screenshots need to be emailed to hyrenavy@gmail.com for review, I can also be found on skype by this email.

Thanks
Jeff
aka Dead Zone

Rank caps issue: Overall rankings
Players ranked 1-100 are not to do any Group Attacks or Group Defends on smaller ranked players. There is no prohibition against ranks 1-100 from attacking each other but please keep in mind that this tournament is designed for the junior players, to encourage them to get experience out of dmode and to have fun.

Brackets:
Players will be in the following bracket classes:
1-100 are involved only if they are attacked by a lower bracket, they are here to advise and assist but not to be hunting as this will skew the tournament into a varsity tournament not a JV setting (Thank you Treakle for correcting me about this)
101-350 Can attack this bracket or above bracket
351-600 Can attack this bracket or above bracket
600-800 Can attack this bracket or above bracket
800+ can attack any bracket

Any player that is found attacking a lower bracket will cost his/her alliance a tournament point. Please if you are a smaller player and someone above you in a different bracket attacks you take a screen-shot. If they recall, no harm done, if attack lands please forward it to me and we will deal appropriately with it.

Alliances will declare war on every other participating alliance for round 1. This gives us the most available targets.  2nd round will be determined at that time.

Each alliance will be in a constant state of war for 3 full weeks.  War declarations will be sent out on Sunday January 14, 2018 and be accepted on Monday, January 15, 2018 at 00:00:00 game time (or as close to as can be) which translates to 8:00pm Eastern USA or 6:00pm Mountain Time USA

Alliances will set their points to 1,000,000,000 (1 Billion) points per war. I understand that there are some times when in the last week the timer can only be set to a minimum of 1 week, whichever alliance shows on their page is red is the one that surrenders if in a situation where there is a 0-0 score. On the last 24 hours in the spirit of things alliance leaders please accept any request that come your way except for the last 3 hours of the round.

I am taking Captain Theodore's suggestion on point system.  For a war-win an alliance is gaining 1 point. Alliances with the most points advance to the 2nd round and 3rd round.

The final deadline for sign-up is Jan. 5, 2018.  I will make an exception to this depending on circumstances, but try to be fully committed to the JV4 by that date as it gives everyone  a fair chance to prepare.

No Res dropping onto your opponents or getting your buddies outside of your alliance to res drop either. If proof that you are in violation of this your alliance will be disqualified.

So far the participating alliances are:
SPQRS led by Agatron,
Legacy led by Treakle the Sweet (in place of Noise/TimeWasters as they merged),
Cold led by Taupe (might change as they vote a leader each war),
Dune led by Elric Zeuskiller,
[Swarm] led by Tybor's Master

Possible entries include Blitz, Pug, maybe Hod but no firm answer on those quite yet and maybe Onyx any maybe -TSW- led by Grumbleweed, will find out more after Jan 1

*******If I am leaving anything out please let me know before the tournament begins as no other tournament rules apply**************
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 12:12:08 AM by Dead Zone »

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
Re: JV4 starts January 15, 2018 00:00 Game time Official rules posted here
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 12:11:19 AM »
If I have left anything out please let me know in game, I can be found at [17:258:7].
Thanks
Dead Zone
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 12:12:53 AM by Dead Zone »

Offline Treakle the Sweet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 12:17:58 AM »
Thanks, DZ.  I just didn't want Todd killing everyone. LOL

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 05:20:17 AM »
Right, him and Bruce doing Zeus attacks from their hephs was impressive last tournament

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 05:50:47 AM »
The top 4 alliances of round 1 will be the ones advancing to round 2 and we will do a 3rd round of the top 2 alliances provided everyone is not burned out after the first 2 rounds. Best of luck to all participants.

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 01:25:15 AM »
3 weeks until the official start of JV4 2018. This tournament brings some new contenders to the contest, such as SPQR and Dune. Who will win at the end? Time shall tell, but look forward to this new installment of excitement.

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 05:30:27 AM »
T.H.O.R. from Pilgrims is trying to get a team together.

With how many alliances are attempting to field teams this promises to be the most lively tournament yet.

I have 1 last request in regards to rules: alliance leaders please forward me the results of each war-win/war-loss so I can keep track of scoring and every few days let me know the scoring of your wars so I can put updates on this board regarding the tournament.

Keep in mind that the judges are myself, Stina Starr and Admiral T-WAYNE. Captain Theodore of Based On is assisting from outside of the tournament but as an advisor. Remember everyone have fun, enjoy yourselves.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 06:32:46 AM by Dead Zone »

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 11:29:28 PM »
Just a clarification for the rules, any player in an alliance that is out of dmode, not in vacation and not suspended counts towards your active member requirements regardless of rank. So if you have players in the top 100 they count towards your active requirements.

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 05:02:34 AM »
Blitz has announced that they will be participating in the JV4

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 06:32:13 AM »
Possible addition of Pilgrims entering the JV4, will BasedOn rise up to challenge their long time rivals in another tournament?  As the deadline for entry approaches we shall see who are the firm entries into the JV4 tournament. Details will tell in the next few days

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 08:09:04 PM »
Grumbleweed has said they are out, not enough able to come out of dmode

Offline Megatron

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 10:53:10 PM »
Rise to the challenge?
It has no challenge being the rightful winner of the last tourny till you set up a spit your dummy out wreck the tourny?
Indeed after you did that i dread to think how this 1 will go
Still at least you joined your best buddy now so he does not have to attack your possies you moved from planet to moon with no hydro and went church for last hour lmao.
You a joke and you message me to get the forum going?
Was it not what you thought it would be blatently cheating?
All you did was kill the game.
I am suprised anybody would take part in this against the trio of cheats with multi accounts galore in blitz.
Enjoy all there placed accounts being smashed up in your alliances lmfao.
Boring now.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 12:21:42 AM by Megatron »

Offline Dead Zone

• FRS or lose your toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 02:45:24 AM »
Thank you Megatron, we have missed your anger at life! Imad had sold his account to an old Rage player. I was going to be going in the tournament under the Michael88 alliance tag but that alliance is disbanding so I took up the offer of joining Blitz, the tournament alliance for Rage-Quit. So your accusations are unfounded. Let's see what next Megatron says for a good laugh

Offline Megatron

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 09:52:01 PM »
Do not have to say anymore.
Im done.
Time will tell.

Offline T.H.O.R.

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2018, 03:23:41 AM »
Pilgrims are in.
On the wrong side of Heaven and the righteous side of Hell!