contact
November 17, 2018, 07:56:40 PM

Author Topic: I have yet to...  (Read 1268 times)

Offline %====>0

• View Profile
Re: I have yet to...
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 08:36:34 PM »
Quote from: "Ice794"
Quote from: "%====>0"
Fleet save or be raided... Ive been playing over 3 weeks. Probably 4 but have yet to fleet save once or be raided. I see all these posts about fleet saving... Dont yall build defenses? Or do you not see the point in investing in them? I figure that if i have 20 pulse cannons and 10 laser cannons with a small decoy that most players my level and levels that can attack me(within the 20k range) wont or will be pummeled with my defenses and i will be able to collect the res from their mass destruction. Is there anyone else that plays this way and if so how has it bennefitted for you? Or is their someone that strategized like me and somehow got pummeled? Just curious...

You make me laugh.  If I were to find your planets, I'd send my smallest raiding fleet of 63 Athenas, and 82 Posi's...and a couple of Dio's to carry your scrapped fleet back to my colonies.

Icé.

Your an ass. I cant wait to build up and fun people like you up.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Captain Nero of the I.R.W. Narada

Offline Ice794

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 07:51:32 PM »
Arn't you the idiot that put U.S.S. in their sig rather than I.R.W. for Imperial Romulan Warbird??  :lol:

Icé

Offline %====>0

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 07:54:22 PM »
Arn't you the idiot that put U.S.S. in their sig rather than I.R.W. for Imperial Romulan Warbird??  :lol:

Icé

Wow your a funing nerd idiot. Whoopdeedoo
Captain Nero of the I.R.W. Narada

Offline Armadillo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 09:13:20 PM »
Quote from: "dbmoreland"
Fleet save or be raided... Ive been playing over 3 weeks. Probably 4 but have yet to fleet save once or be raided. I see all these posts about fleet saving... Dont yall build defenses? Or do you not see the point in investing in them? I figure that if i have 20 pulse cannons and 10 laser cannons with a small decoy that most players my level and levels that can attack me(within the 20k range) wont or will be pummeled with my defenses and i will be able to collect the res from their mass destruction. Is there anyone else that plays this way and if so how has it bennefitted for you? Or is their someone that strategized like me and somehow got pummeled? Just curious...

You make me laugh.  If I were to find your planet, I'd send my smallest raiding fleet of 63 Athenas, and 82 Posi's...and a couple of Dio's to carry your scrapped fleet back to my colonies.

Icé.
And you make me laugh. Go ahead and send that fleet. By the time it gets here you will have spent so much time and hydro that it will not be worth it. And you will need more than a couple of Dio's to haul the scrape back, but it will take them so long to get here that we will probably have rebuilt our fleet by then. We are not playing in your Galaxy. You just don't understand how far 40 Galaxies is do you? We are not worried about the people who started this game 3 months ago, they are not playing in G40+. And good luck finding us anyway, you only have to search 10000 systems. The nice thing about playing out here is that the only people we have to worry about are the people who started the game when we did. And most of them aren't playing it any more so there is plenty of room for those of us who still are. Will we have to fleet save eventually, sure. But not for quite a while. By then we will have 100 Proms.

And what happens when a player from G1-4 who has been playing for a few months decides to drop a colony next to you in G40+?  It'll happen sooner or later, and most likely much sooner than when you've built 100 Promethei.

Not fleet saving = no fleet.  It's not a question of "if" but instead only a question of "when".  For anyone who thinks otherwise, someone will eventually be stopping by to pay you a visit.

Offline Admiral von Badas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 10:03:22 PM »

Icé

Wow your a funing nerd idiot. Whoopdeedoo

I rarely familiarize myself with Xeno ship terminologies and formalities outside of tactical weaknesses, since this has no relevance to me nor to the Imperium, and even I knew about the difference between I.R.W. and U.S.S. Ancient history to us.

That being said, making yourself a target is a bad thing to do. ABMs, fleet-saving and many, many colonies is a good strategy to keep people from knocking on your door. Unless you have enough money to dump into thousands of defensive structures, don't even bother with it. And even if you did, why wasn't it spent on Zeus research?
"You can never have too many enemies. The more you\'ve got, the more likely they are to get in each other\'s way."
~Jarvin Wallankot, "Idle Musings"

Offline aomega

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 05:09:05 AM »
I thought I was relatively safe with 100s of lasers, 50+ pulse, 20+ Gauss + ABMs + assorted other stuff. Then a Top 20 player decided to colonize next door and soon showed me what 380 Hades looked like. My defenses didn't even make a scratch. Fortunately, I fleet saved and they didn't get away with any resources. I have since moved from the neighbourhood.

I guess galaxies 40+ are quiet for now, but I can only imagine that won't last.

Offline Ice794

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2009, 08:12:19 AM »
Quote from: "Armadillo"
And what happens when a player from G1-4 who has been playing for a few months decides to drop a colony next to you in G40+?  It'll happen sooner or later, and most likely much sooner than when you've built 100 Promethei.

Not fleet saving = no fleet.  It's not a question of "if" but instead only a question of "when".  For anyone who thinks otherwise, someone will eventually be stopping by to pay you a visit.

Exactly right...and they have.  That's what makes me laugh.

Icé

birthmark-ant