contact
October 19, 2018, 08:02:54 PM

Author Topic: Hollow victories  (Read 359 times)

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
Hollow victories
« on: September 12, 2018, 09:16:28 PM »
Just thinking of some "hollow victories", most having to do with rapid movement up the leader board.

1.  Buying a high-ranked account that you don't know how to manage.  It takes a bit of experience and skill to manage one of the monster accounts.  Many of them have changed hands during the past 9 months or so.  I don't think that the new owner has been able to maintain rank, in any of these cases.

The moral of the story is don't acquire an account that is 'way larger than what you are used to having.  It's just about a sure thing that you will be disappointed in the result, because you will find that the other large players who have built up their accounts over the long haul understand how to advance their accounts.  They will keep advancing and pass you.  There is little that is more frustrating than moving downward in the ranks, unless it is your intention to do so, for example due to a change in your level of commitment to the game.

2.  Moving up the ladder by getting DSP rides and RSP bumps from others.  Particularly for a player who already is highly-ranked, to do this is admitting to yourself that you aren't good enough to move up on your own, and you are telling those around you on the leader board that you gave up on passing them on your own merit.  That must be the hollowest victory of all. 

Offline Navy Goat

• View Profile
Re: Hollow victories
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 12:47:05 AM »
I very much agree.  Probe rides are crap.  Getting free resources to help build faster is crap.  Do it on your own or quit.  I've been watching a number of players fly up the leaderboards over the last few weeks...  It's not possible to wipe out a 300+ sext point deficit in three weeks without vast amounts of free rides.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 03:05:35 AM »
All that is happening there is that the people getting the push might be fooling people 'way down on the leader board, who don't look closely at the top.

But the folks at the top know when someone has concluded that they can't gain their rank on their own merits.  Too bad when someone who has been in the game for years, and done reasonably well, decides that they are going to gain a hollow victory and ride up the ladder, on the shoulders of someone else.

They'll never be able to look back on their rank and know that they could have gotten there on their own.  They will always wonder if they were good enough.

Offline Deadblood2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 07:38:47 AM »
What right do you have to preach on how people play the game. Play your own game and let others play there way.

Offline Brer Rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 09:21:00 AM »
Although

I am not the PVP player I want to be, I think I am doing reasonably well

Live long and prosper fellow players. The game is starting to get a bit more interesting up here

Don

Offline drj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 08:17:59 PM »
i know this routine, i have done this in the past.  i agree with ATW, DP and BR. 

I'm growing at my pace.  ATW you can't tell players how to play but i agree with you. The top lot must have some fun up there! Brer Rabbit i ain't nothing special either on the PvP front,  I enjoy the game.

Offline Sgt Patriot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 07:36:33 PM »
I have to agree with ATW hollow victories indeed. Probe Riders are vermin I'm currently ranked overall at #274 and I have an "Honor" probe riding vermin sitting under me at #275 which it turns out he is inactive. (message sent to leader of Honor prior to finding the vermin inactive, but he has others among his rank and file that do the same so message stands) Every point of my DSP earned by myself or thru a joint attack with capitol ships sent if it didn't slow the attack down. I have had requests sent where I did add a probe to see where, and how long until the attacked landed as well as against what was the attack going against player or NPC? The probe was promptly recalled afterwards, but not before seeing a couple high ranked players join in to garner dsp points. :( Both which I will not name and I had considered them above such acts.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 07:44:28 PM by Sgt Patriot »
Regards
Sgt Patriot
Klingon SuvwI'
Uni 1 - SVK
Uni 2 - ΒĻΔΚŲŊ

Offline James Potter

• do the happy dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 04:39:01 AM »
Dont blame the players that ruin the accounts
Blame the player that gived it away to a nobody

Offline Brer Rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 10:16:59 AM »
I am not afraid to admit that I bought this account some time ago off of Rich. However, I am playing the game honorably, and though I have lost the number 5 spot, I have triple this account to what it was when i took over. You can check with Todd or any of the other top players on my progress.

The only gripe I have, is like Todd has said, " People probe riding thier way to the top" Mr P ... you are/were one of the origional great players. What a shame to see you having to resort to these tactics. Doing PVP attacks, running several different account to do it is shameful. We all know that Kasperr, VJ, and the 2 guys from England who suddenly quit the game and dissappeared were all you. We will see if you can hold on to your "bought rank "

Offline James Potter

• do the happy dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 07:50:04 AM »
Who started to sell recources ??

Those players are the ones who need to be blamed not the players that used this oppertunity to buy recources from others
They created all this crap and now they blaming others for it
How can you all be that hypocrit?

Offline Vinegar Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 04:13:24 AM »
Brer Rabbit posts   I am not afraid to admit that I bought this account some time ago off of Rich. However, I am playing the game honorably, and though I have lost the number 5 spot, I have triple this account to what it was when i took over. You can check with Todd or any of the other top players on my progress.

The only gripe I have, is like Todd has said, " People probe riding thier way to the top" Mr P ... you are/were one of the origional great players. What a shame to see you having to resort to these tactics. Doing PVP attacks, running several different account to do it is shameful. We all know that Kasperr, VJ, and the 2 guys from England who suddenly quit the game and dissappeared were all you. We will see if you can hold on to your "bought rank "

So Brer Rabbit, Are you Shinzon, Daddy Rabbit, Brer Rabbit or Ronan T. Dex...shall we talk multi-accounting?   It was my understanding that daddy rabbit was the one who bought Rich's account, not Brer rabbit, who bought Shinzon's account.   Please enlighten me.   You bought the original Daddy Rabbit's account, who was a good player.  You didn't bother to change the game name, you just tried to ride his coat tails, just like you've tried to ride Shinzon's name.  Shinzon (Rich) was a good player and knew how to play the game, and excelled at PVP game play. 

Oh, and Mr P is not running my account, the Vinegar Joe account.   And since when did PVP become bad game play?   You weren't around when the game started. PVP was the only way you got resources, unless you were lucky enough to find an inactive.  NPC's didn't exist.   Mr P doesn't have to run multiple accounts to advance in the game.  He was even the #2 player at one time for awhile and then real life interfered with game play.  So now that he's advancing in the game again and you say he's cheating????   

So, Mr. Wood aka Daddy Rabbit aka Brer Rabbit aka Shinzon aka Ronan T Dex, let's talk about cheating, shall we?