contact
July 19, 2019, 04:42:24 PM

Author Topic: colonies..sending them out.  (Read 954 times)

Offline hellen bach

• View Profile
colonies..sending them out.
« on: December 31, 2009, 07:46:05 PM »
Only been playing a few days, ive been doing a bit of reading etc but still not sure about this starting new colonies. some one let me know what i need to do please. Im not basic but treat me as such for the moment.LOL!

I have the following stats as the moment:

ore mine L10
crystal mine L9
hydro L7
solar L11
nuclear L3
ship yard L4
cap L4
Research Lab L4
Factory L3
Laser L5
Armour L2
Weapon L3
partical L1
Jet L3
AI L4
ESp L2
energy L4
pulse L2

i have a fleet of :Hermes Class Probe x2 / Atlas Class Cargo x7 / Artemis Class Fighter x7

What do i need have to send out a colony? what size is best? how do i send ships to the empty colony planet.

sorry to be a pain!
thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Kienan

• View Profile
Re: colonies..sending them out.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 07:54:48 PM »
I apologize in advance for the snark but, seriously...

Read the wiki. :?

Those are three relevant links, but the entire thing is extremely helpful. Consult the Tech screen as well for help without even leaving the game.

Essentially, build a colony ship, send it out from the Galaxy screen, along with resources if you want to build up the initial mines faster.

Good luck.
Leader of the Ammadon Dynasty (Extreme).
---------------------------------------------------
"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
--Anonymous.

Offline hellen bach

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 08:22:15 PM »
i ve been reading the wiki but got a bit confused.....
i just havent got everything i need and its hard to know what wiki is talking about wheni cant see it on my screen due to not having correct levels etc.
I realise i now need to have a Gaia Class Colony Ship to set up a new world. Almost there.
I didnt quite understand the sending out ships and distance ...what i read on wiki didnt really explain well.

Offline Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 08:32:49 PM »
Quote from: "hellen bach"
i ve been reading the wiki but got a bit confused.....
i just havent got everything i need and its hard to know what wiki is talking about wheni cant see it on my screen due to not having correct levels etc.
I realise i now need to have a Gaia Class Colony Ship to set up a new world. Almost there.
I didnt quite understand the sending out ships and distance ...what i read on wiki didnt really explain well.

Thats total BS. The wiki is not vague at all. Not tryin to piss you off at all but your pissin other players off by coming here and asking all sorts of questions that get answered by READING not skimming the wiki. If you only read every other sentence you miss out on a lot of info. When people on here say its in the wiki, 99.999999999999999999% of the time they are correct.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 04:27:46 PM by Laggynate »
"Lieutenant Bolic, decloak the ship on my mark and fire disruptors."
The warbird fired on the Pardek, destroying her with 4 torpedoes.

Dont F with us Romulans...

Offline Catfish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 09:16:15 PM »
What exactly are you having a problem with? When you put in the coordinates to send out a fleet, it will tell you the distance, time, and fuel consumed, so you don't need to bother with the equation.
The [size=100]WIKI[/size][/b][/url][/u] is your friend.

Offline bryn987

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 09:24:01 PM »
There are two ways to send a colonization mission. From the Galaxy Screen, you may simply click "colonize" wherever you see an empty planet.

Also, you may send one from the Fleets Screen by selecting a Gaia Class (plus any accompanying ships you like), putting in the coordinates you want to send to, making sure the "Colonize" mission type is selected, and hitting "Dispatch".

doesn't' get any easier then this
To be free, you must be exiled!

1/18/2010 - 10/22/2011
Players sent to d status/retirement - 32
Solo Zeus kills - 33
Solo Heph kills - 3
Moons given  -  31

Offline hellen bach

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 10:40:02 AM »
sorry guys i had not progressed enough to understand what the wiki was talking about. I had not built the right things when i read it the first time and therefore missunderstood it.
To nero: i thought that this was for newbies. your attitude stinks and you mum should wash your mouth out with soap and water. there is no need for your language. I have reported your post.

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 12:15:58 PM »
The best size for a planet is 200 plus. If you follow this link to the wiki scroll down to the Fields area. What you see is the starting size and standard deviation(sd) you will get when trying to colonize the planet. Basically the planet will be the starting size plus 50% chance of being up or down the 3 sd's from there. 34% of being one sd away, 14% of being 2 sd's away, and 2.1% chance of being 3 sd's away. So if you aim only for planets 4 5 and 6 you have better than 34% chance of getting a colony with more than 200 fields. All of your colonies should be that size as soon as possible since you will be abandoning smaller planets later in the game.

You should colonize all 8 colony slots before you start abandoning though, since its kind of a waste to try over and over again for anything before that. I recommend sending a cargo ship with your gaia ship so you can upgrade quickly.
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.

Offline hellen bach

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 04:39:07 PM »
when would you surjest starting sending out a colony? asap or at a certain level? out of interest.

Offline Sui

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 05:53:43 PM »
Try the new Battle report converter bookmarklet! Easy battle report parsing directly in your web browser.

birthmark-ant