contact
September 19, 2020, 10:31:37 PM

Author Topic: Planet Field Calculator  (Read 152 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline shadzmgamez

  • Member
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Planet Field Calculator
« on: April 08, 2020, 02:24:27 AM »
I made a program that mass simulates planet generation and how many fields it has using information from the wiki (which admittedly may have missing, incorrect, or misleading information).

In doing so, for planet slot 4 (the most commonly colonized one) I found that you only have about a 0.11% chance of getting the maximum fields of 320, with about a 2.3% chance of getting a planet size at or over 300 fields. I'm surprised by the bigger than expected odds for 300 fields or more, but the 320 field chance is about what I expected.

Go ahead and play with it yourself if you want. (requires Node.js and Node Package Manager (NPM)).

https://github.com/andrewtyl/SFC_Planet_Field_Sim

Offline Conan

  • Member
  • Posts: 222
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Field Calculator
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 02:10:57 PM »
I believe that all slots have the same odds for 300+ colonies.  If I read the Wiki right then all slots have the same chance for 240+ fields.  32% of the time it will be a random size evenly distributed between 40 and 320.  The other 68% of the time it is in the range assigned to that slot, but never over 239.