contact
October 23, 2019, 05:49:43 AM

Author Topic: Official Alliance Recruitment Thread  (Read 48171 times)

Offline JMiller

• View Profile
Re: Official Alliance Recruitment Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 04:45:19 PM »
Quote from: "Ptonjalken"
Quote from: "JMiller"
Yes, I saw that. It was the "you'll get booted" part of it that turned me off from applying to the Spacewolves. What if a person doesn't have the time to play as often as he or she would like? So they don't improve as much as a person who has more time to play would.  I'm not going to kick a person because their real life takes precedence over their game life. If I was part of a larger alliance, I might not protect them as fiercly, but I would help them to get back on their feet and suggest they play in diplomacy mode.

In other words, I don't want someone telling me I'm not improving enough for them fast enough so they boot me and then attack me.

Im surprised you got rejected from the 500+ team.

They said they had a new bottom floor level that they were accepting. No biggie, I was just looking for an alliance that could give me some tips on playing the game.

What has surprised me is that I've already passed a lot of the folks in ranking in that alliance. I guess it pays to be an everyday player.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline jhagen88

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 08:27:19 PM »
You can join The Q Continuum if you need an alliance.

Just ID yourself in the message part and I'll bring you in.

Offline TheSlorg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 11:34:10 PM »
In a strange and unfortunate turn of events, the Copy/Paste function comes back to haunt you!

The Spacewolves (Wolves) are looking for more members.

We are a top 25 alliance looking to push into top 20 territory.
We will accept members of any rank, but expect some effort. We won't carry dead weight for long.
We are currently not warring with anyone, and are on friendly terms with several other alliances.
Being in diplomacy mode is fine to get started, but you'll be expected to help eliminate targets eventually.
We post regular strategy updates and can set newer players on the right path.
We work as a team and help any member who has been attacked.
On the flip side, don't expect us to rally to your defense if you refuse to listen to strategy.
We have our own Facebook group to better organize strategies and attacks.

Feel free to PM me and I can get you in contact with the right people to join.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, we have cookies. Lots of them, and they are delicious!

I don't mention booting people out anywhere in there. I mention that some effort is required. Is that too much to ask, for someone to actually play the game? Weird.
If people aren't going to play, even casually, then I don't want them cluttering up my alliance.
Leader of the Outcast Gods
Moons Given - 0
Moons Received - 0

Offline JMiller

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 12:13:00 AM »
So lets say a player had a fleet but due to real life it's gotten destroyed several times due to their inability to play. Now, that isn't thru any fault of their own. You're telling me you wouldn't boot them? Now me, If I had to quit or couldn't play as often, I'd ask the alliance to remove
me so I wouldn't be drain on resources.

Lets even say that they don't have a fleet and their world keeps getting raided for resources. You wouldn't boot them because they're either A, not progressing fast enough or well enough for you, or B because they don't play enough?

My apologies for the booted statement. I took your statement of not helping if they don't listen to stratgey to mean you'd boot them also. I guess I shouldn't read into things.

Offline TheSlorg

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 01:59:13 AM »
Even my own fleet has been destroyed due to sleeping through an alarm, and the other day another member misjudged his fleet-save by an hour and lost his fleet because of it.

Real life stuff happens.

Now, if someone were to get continually smashed without adjusting their Fleet-Saving strategy, I might be having a word with them.

As for not having a fleet, Diplomacy mode will keep anyone from getting raided if they know they won't be on much. I have 3 members who
have been pre-approved to do just that.

My statement meant that we're happy to send resources to help rebuild...but if you keep making the same mistakes over and over again, we'd stop helping to rebuild and would not be wasting our ships on group defense. Again, if someone isn't willing to learn the bare basics of the game, then they probably aren't going to be a good fit in a top 25 or even a top 50 alliance.
Leader of the Outcast Gods
Moons Given - 0
Moons Received - 0

Offline JMiller

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »
That I can understand. And wholeheartedly agree with.

Just a mix up in communication is all. Like I said, I was reading into it and apologize for the mix up. Right now I'm an every day player and am on several times during the day for about an hour each time, but real life has a way of screwing with us. As we all know.

Offline chetterhummin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 02:32:53 PM »
Quote from: "JMiller"
That I can understand. And wholeheartedly agree with.

Just a mix up in communication is all. Like I said, I was reading into it and apologize for the mix up. Right now I'm an every day player and am on several times during the day for about an hour each time, but real life has a way of screwing with us. As we all know.

Not to mention the people out there that target those going in an out of diplomacy mode... :grumble:

Oh well, I didn't need those three fleets, right?

Offline jhagen88

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 02:37:52 PM »
Quote from: "chetterhummin"
Not to mention the people out there that target those going in an out of diplomacy mode... :grumble:

You deserve everything that has happened to you.

Offline chetterhummin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 06:52:49 PM »
Quote from: "jhagen88"
Quote from: "chetterhummin"

You deserve everything that has happened to you.

What is it that has happened to me? Oh right... nothing... Blow your bits on someone else Jaggof.

Offline Kasperr

• View Profile
NEW ALLIANCE LOOKING FOR MEMBERS
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 08:07:36 PM »
Reavers tagname serenity

~Moved to correct section.

Offline shawndaley

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 08:31:49 PM »
The Anla-Shok alliance is always looking for new members regardless of your rank.  All are welcome.

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
Re: NEW ALLIANCE LOOKING FOR MEMBERS
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 08:53:33 PM »
I do not believe this a feature request :P

Here is the thread you want:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=380&start=20

~Moved to correct section.
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline T. Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2009, 03:13:52 PM »
The Pact (PCT) is an alliance that is accepting new members. Members of any rank are welcome.   None diplomacy mode members are preferred but that is not a a requirement for membership.  We are an alliance looking to expand our influence and resolved to offer one another support in the case of unprovoked attacks and to cooperate in the event of a declaration of war.

Adm. T. Stark

Offline Kasperr

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2009, 08:54:28 PM »
looking for members for the alliance of Reavers tagname serenity want members to be active only looking for active members

Offline BlackShirt

• View Profile
XANth Alliance is looking for members
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2009, 03:13:41 AM »
For people just emerging from Newbie status- we've figured out by trial and error (and this amazing forum!) how to fleet and resource save, how to explore, and we provide some good deterrence against lone wolves in the 7:4xx areas!

If you're between 2000 and 4000 rank drop us a line!
BlackShirt- leader- Xanth Alliance
I\'m the 7th Care Bear of the Apocalypse  \":twisted:\" Deal with it

birthmark-ant