contact
November 17, 2018, 08:15:22 PM

Author Topic: Extreme still in Beta?  (Read 918 times)

Offline GalaxyGreySi

• View Profile
Extreme still in Beta?
« on: January 21, 2010, 09:25:48 AM »
Is Extreme still in beta? Is it going to reset at some point, like the original?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
First Ship Kill in Extreme...I claim it.

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!

Offline jimbojones

• View Profile
Re: Extreme still in Beta?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 09:35:57 AM »
That wouldn't be great

Offline GalaxyGreySi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 09:37:54 AM »
A reset would make me VERY upset.
First Ship Kill in Extreme...I claim it.

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 09:54:46 AM »
I think SFC main is still in beta. Any game that introduces updates is basically in beta. Games like Diablo when released on CD are full version and non-beta. Some games release patches to fix bugs/glitches/exploits, but they never introduce new units or concepts into the game. SFC is still beta and the evidence is the Foundry and ARCNet.
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.

Offline LunarAvenger

• Your flesh shall be sutured into the orthodoxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 10:06:14 AM »
I hope that extreme becomes a testing ground for new ships... :twisted:
I'm Ancient
Wiki Administrator, disciple of the ZPM, Nachträcher des Imperiums.

Offline Laggynate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 02:43:16 PM »
Neither version of SFC will reset.
If I have closed a thread that you feel shouldn\'t have been, feel free to send me a pm.
[size=50]As of 10/1/2010 I was able to build Prometheus for the first time[/size]

Offline Matt

• Blue Frog Gaming
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bluefroggaming.com
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 03:22:22 PM »
It is in beta, but it will not reset. We had to reset the original due to the game being imbalanced. We already have the missions pretty well set for this one.
No fleetsave = no fleet.

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 05:00:13 PM »
Quote from: "Aaria.moon"
I think SFC main is still in beta. Any game that introduces updates is basically in beta. Games like Diablo when released on CD are full version and non-beta. Some games release patches to fix bugs/glitches/exploits, but they never introduce new units or concepts into the game. SFC is still beta and the evidence is the Foundry and ARCNet.

While the game is in beta, your logic is flawed...I used to play FFXI an MMORPG and it released updates and new stuff all the time, it wasn't in Beta considering it had been out for 5 and a half years before I started playing it, they never had any kind of reset...the point is, just because a game releases updates and new content does not mean the game is in Beta
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 04:42:27 PM »
I'd still consider any online game that releases updates and isn't ever "complete" as a beta.
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 06:49:33 PM »
Quote from: "Aaria.moon"
I'd still consider any online game that releases updates and isn't ever "complete" as a beta.

I don't, I call it a game created by developers that care about making the game more entertaining for their players...now if they made major changes for instance to the way a battle is run, or the way you move around the world or worlds, then yeah it might be considered to be still in beta, but just releasing new content to me is simply adding to an already great game
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 09:03:04 PM »
True enough!

The Foundry and ARCNet definitely count as game changing technologies though. Imagine researching something as expensive as ARCNet 3 with only one planet. It would take nearly 9 days to finish. Right now it takes only 3 :) Imagine no foundry, I have level 2, so 30 minutes for an Athena compared to 2 hours?

So I still argue this game is in beta, it was only released in August (like another game I play lol) They've both introduced game changing units or techs. The other game the top non-CC unit had a value of 1.3, now it's gone up to 1.95(only at 1.6 atm but working on it). Both games to me are in beta because of the 50% boost in the game, they're also the only two games I play. if it's consistently minor tweaks then yeah not-game changing. If they do find that certain areas of the game have super-overpowered units and they fix it, then its automatically beta by definition.

birthmark-ant