contact
March 28, 2020, 11:31:25 AM

Author Topic: Mobile Attack Bases  (Read 696 times)

Offline azzaron

• View Profile
Mobile Attack Bases
« on: January 30, 2010, 06:46:21 AM »
I've sent out a Gaia to set up my first ever mobile attack base. For those who don't know what I'm talking about... I'm using one of my colony spots to set up a temporary base of operations to launch attacks from. Once the targets in this area have dried up, I'll abandon it and recolonize somewhere else.

I have a question for people who have done this before. Should I bother spending the resources on building a shipyard there? Or, should I just transport the profits back to my homeworld (and other nearby ship building colonies), build the ships there, and then send the ships on to my attack base?

In case it makes a difference to the answer, this mobile attack base is in the same galaxy as my homeworld, 100 solar systems away.

The way I see it, building a level 8 shipyard (which allows me to build Athenas and Hades - my main raiding ships) would cost:
lvl 4 Capitol: 6k ore, 2k crystal, 3k hydrogen
lvl 8 Shipyard: 100k ore, 50k crystal, 25k hydrogen
:arrow: TOTAL COST: 106k ore, 52k crystal, 28k hydrogen

I know that I only need a lvl 2 Capitol, but the low levels are super cheap, and this greatly speeds the process of churning the lvl 8 Shipyard out (can now be done in 13.5 hours).

So, what are your thoughts? How much do you think I need to make from raiding to make this temporary investment worthwhile?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Leo Walsh

• View Profile
Re: Mobile Attack Bases
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 06:52:41 AM »
maybe you can build up the shipyard just enough to provide fodder ships
Victory Is Life

Patience Is For The Dead

"So when your waiting for the next attack,You better stand there\'s no turning back"

Offline Obsidian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 06:54:46 AM »
I build level 8s, they're there first day with a level 3 capitol pretty easily, always funded by the surrounding planets.

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 11:24:30 AM »
mines/capital lvl 4 on day one. shipyard 6 (not even at Athenas yet) on day two or three. I keep a raiding planet for 4-5 days maybe then move on.
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.

Offline Dampaq.Pale.Horseman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 11:29:01 AM »
It really depends on two things, how far away your existing shipyards are, and how long you plan to stay in the area.
Death[/b], and his Hades followed with him.[/color]

Offline Thirdgenrs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 11:29:52 AM »
i do the same thing.  but one i just put out. will probably be a permanent colony.   10-15 attacks a day have funded 20 missle strikes, level 7 shipyard, level 8 capital,  level 10 mines, a few fodder ships, 12 abms to protect my ipbms.  and hydro spilling off the planet.   :lol:  plenty still left over too to expand more buildings.  cant keep up with all the resources coming in.

only thing i sent there was 40k in hydro to make sure no ships got stranded incase i had to run.

Offline Obsidian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 03:50:37 PM »
I never bother with the mines as my och is in the red usually after the first two raids.

Offline azzaron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 04:20:26 PM »
Yeah, I have no intention of building any mines, that's for sure!

I think I will build the shipyard though... it can double as hiding resources if I find I have too much to resource save or ferry back...

Offline saryne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 06:44:11 PM »
I wouldn't upgrade at all. Just send enough cargoes to be able to transport res away to an already built up planet. The aim is to attack swiftly and move res somewhere else while leaving a planet completely devoid of anything (i.e. no return attacks) So building it up is somewhat pointless as you'll lose those points and the resources used.
Moons Given: Choice / Accident:  1 / 1
                           Moons received:  1

Offline azzaron

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 08:24:22 PM »
Well, I ended up making myself a lvl 8 shipyard and I'm definitely glad I did. The total cost of producing the capitol and that shipyard was (as already stated) 100k ore, 50k crystal and 25k hydrogen. This is but a drop in the pond when you compare it to the amount of resources I brought in just within the first 24 hours!

Having a shipyard there has been exceedingly beneficial for 3 main reasons:
1. I am able to spend resources right away. This is key as I didn't have enough cargo ships to handle the massive amount of resources I raided. Yes, I know I can build more cargo ships - and I am - but that takes time. Having a shipyard there guarantees you can always use up all your resources and be able to resource save everything when you're away from the game.
2. I am able to get ships to the front lines faster. By building the ships right there, I am able to avoid the delay of transporting the resources back to my other colonies, as well as avoiding the delay of deploying the ships from my other colonies to this mobile attack base.
3. I save on the hydrogen costs of sending cargo ships to my other colonies, as well as the hydrogen costs of deploying newly created ships to my mobile attack base.

I should point out that because of the sheer amount of resources I plundered, I'm not able to spend the resources fast enough at my mobile attack base. As such, I've been ferrying resources back to my homeworld AS WELL AS building ships at my mobile attack base. This seems to have been a very reasonable compromise...