contact
July 06, 2020, 02:23:50 AM

Author Topic: Unscheduled maintenance= no continued activity?  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Asrrin29

• View Profile
    • http://www.athrandironline.com
Unscheduled maintenance= no continued activity?
« on: February 15, 2010, 09:17:47 PM »
This is legitimate question.  Normally we are notified well in advance that downtime will happen so it's our own fault if we get caught with our fleets home and someone crashes us during downtime.  however since this was an emergency downtime, it's unfair to the people who were in the middle of playing when this all went down if attacks continue through the unscheduled maintenance.  is there any word on what will happen during the downtime?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
GIVE ME HARVEST MISSIONS OR GIVE ME RECALLS!

Offline G30R93

• View Profile
Re: Unscheduled maintenance= no continued activity?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 02:15:47 AM »
Will missions and the game clock continue or will they be stopped for 32 hours?

Offline Asrrin29

• View Profile
    • http://www.athrandironline.com
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 02:21:11 AM »
This is what I would like to find out.  It'd be nice to get an answer from BlueFrog so I can decide how to fleetsave.
GIVE ME HARVEST MISSIONS OR GIVE ME RECALLS!

Offline son of caesar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 03:48:52 AM »
yeah it would be pretty unfair if tasks still happened for the downtime, being that it is 32 hours long... somebody could launch an attack set to hit 26 hours from now and hit our fleets that would have landed by then.
"Cry \'havoc\' and let slip the dogs of war."  -Julius Caesar

Offline derfael

• View Profile
    • http://www.lanecho.com
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 03:54:58 AM »
look at it this way guys, they had some server(s) that are having issues. Yes i know it is going to take away from all of our gaming time. Heck, im going to be bored at work this week as my unit is going to the field and i cant so im stuck in the office and thus, no starfleet commander...=(

I know from experience as a web hoster that when a server is having problems(and considering having multiple servers work with the same application), it can cause a lot of difficulties and to take the game down is defiantly not one of easy one to make but it has to be done so the game can run...ive gotten those 2am phone calls that one of my servers was down and drive 2 hrs to the data center to fix it, at least when i could drive. lol

gotta be patient with these guys, especially if its hardware failure, not like they can control those....=(
Serving in the US Army. Serving so you don\'t have to. To Protect those freedoms we all cherish.

Owner of LAN Echo. =)

Offline son of caesar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 03:58:55 AM »
oh yeah, i understand. i just dont want to get back on wednesday to see that one of my sneaky enemies launched an attack 2 min before the downtime will happen, set to hit like 20 hours later so my fleet save would be done.

i dont mind the downtime, even though ill have nothing to do :(, but i just hope attacks wont still run during the 32 hour block.

edit: it seems i didnt read the topic right, i thought it was talking about the scheduled downtime that will start tomorrow and end wednesday. :P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 04:02:03 AM by son of caesar »
"Cry \'havoc\' and let slip the dogs of war."  -Julius Caesar

Offline derfael

• View Profile
    • http://www.lanecho.com
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 04:01:58 AM »
Id say give it time, Matt or someone else from BFG will probably make an announcement in the post that they have already started. If not, after seeing this thread, hopfully they will. =D
Serving in the US Army. Serving so you don\'t have to. To Protect those freedoms we all cherish.

Owner of LAN Echo. =)

Offline Captain Quack

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 04:49:24 AM »
i don't want to send out a fleet for 30 hours or something expecting it to be back when down time is over and finding it still 20 hours out and returning when i can't get on line.....
Messiah 2K02 will lead us!!

Offline Archer Perdith

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 05:09:04 AM »
:!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  just an answer  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:

One way or the other...
I have an alliance freaking out, and with the time period in question, and the expanse of time-zones represented, I can't say I blame them.

Usually, on regular maintenance, they say in the warning that "...missions will run...", or something to that effect. Not so this time, and the lack of that clarification makes a plan on either contingency, a shot in the dark; at best.

Where ARE the powers that be?
 :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:

Offline azzaron

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 07:04:47 PM »