contact
July 20, 2019, 06:07:05 PM

Author Topic: Question On Payments?  (Read 563 times)

Offline JohnJupp

• View Profile
Question On Payments?
« on: February 27, 2010, 09:05:55 PM »
I have looked through the rules and I couldn't find anything prohibiting the following.

I have a moon and Oracle.  I am a weak rank and intend to stay weak building as little as possible.

Instead I was wondering if the following is permitted under the rules.  As I have said, I cannot see that it is prohibited.

A stronger rank comes to me and says, hey can you Oracle a planet of my enemy and give me his ship movements.  I say sure but it will cost x as I have to spend y.

So I give the intel, the stronger rank transports my payment and goes on to wreak havoc on his enemy.

Is this scenario permitted under the rules?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Quote from: \"Butcher\"
John.. What to say? If there is such thing as a classy hunter, he´s your guy. Thanks for all the fun, buddy.
Quote from: \"Morat\"
What with this and your previous post, you do know you\'re a raving nutjob, right?
First To Break Starfleet Commander Nova - I Claim It

Offline jessejericho

• View Profile
Re: Question On Payments?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 09:14:53 PM »
Quote from: "JohnJupp"
I have looked through the rules and I couldn't find anything prohibiting the following.

I have a moon and Oracle.  I am a weak rank and intend to stay weak building as little as possible.

Instead I was wondering if the following is permitted under the rules.  As I have said, I cannot see that it is prohibited.

A stronger rank comes to me and says, hey can you Oracle a planet of my enemy and give me his ship movements.  I say sure but it will cost x as I have to spend y.

So I give the intel, the stronger rank transports my payment and goes on to wreak havoc on his enemy.

Is this scenario permitted under the rules?

It is legal for a higher ranked player to give resources to a lower ranked player, so yes there should be no problem with this.

Offline Dampaq.Pale.Horseman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 09:17:04 PM »
You would be better, saying you want a cut in the profit from the df.
Death[/b], and his Hades followed with him.[/color]

Vastet

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 09:18:15 PM »
And to send a probe along with the strike force so you can get kill points.

Supreme Commander Vastet
The Valkethian Federation
Valketh

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 12:36:56 AM »
It's would only be prohibited if he is a lower rank than you (lower as in you are #500 and he is #1000), which would then implicate pushing rules.  Otherwise you seem to be in the clear and I recommend the advice people have given you above insofar as getting your "cut."  :)

Offline JohnJupp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 07:26:06 AM »
In that case excellent!

1st few customers already approached me and will be ready for intel on a few systems from tomorrow.
Quote from: \"Butcher\"
John.. What to say? If there is such thing as a classy hunter, he´s your guy. Thanks for all the fun, buddy.
Quote from: \"Morat\"
What with this and your previous post, you do know you\'re a raving nutjob, right?
First To Break Starfleet Commander Nova - I Claim It