contact
February 26, 2020, 07:09:22 AM

Author Topic: A demo of Rapid Fire ... Hermes vs Artemis  (Read 434 times)

Offline Vanessa

• View Profile
A demo of Rapid Fire ... Hermes vs Artemis
« on: March 05, 2010, 12:56:31 AM »
A friend and I were playing around with rapid fire, trying to understand how it works (yeah, I read the wiki ... but I just had to see it in action).

Here is one of the reports.

Round 1

ATTACKER:
Hermes: 2  (Hull 240)

DEFENDER:
Artemis: 1  (Weaponry 50)

The attacking fleet fires a total of 2 times with a power of 0 upon the defender. The defender's shield absorbs 0 damage points. The defending fleet fires a total of 1 times with a power of 50 upon the attacker. The attacker's shield absorbs 0 damage points.

Round 2

ATTACKER:
Hermes: 2  (Hull 190)

DEFENDER:
Artemis: 1

The attacking fleet fires a total of 2 times with a power of 0 upon the defender. The defender's shield absorbs 0 damage points. The defending fleet fires a total of 1 times with a power of 50 upon the attacker. The attacker's shield absorbs 0 damage points.

Round 3

ATTACKER:
Hermes: 2 (Hull 140)

DEFENDER:

The attacking fleet fires a total of 2 times with a power of 0 upon the defender. The defender's shield absorbs 0 damage points. The defending fleet fires a total of 19 times with a power of 950 upon the attacker. The attacker's shield absorbs 0 damage points.

Final status

DEFENDER:

Created by the Battle Report Bookmarklet (Version 0.1.2)

That last round was interesting.  The Artemis was unlucky in prior rounds with the rapid fire "dice rolls" ... and then goes berserk in the 3rd-and-last round ... 18 successful rapid fire "dice rolls" ... wow!  Talk about overkill!  That pilot had his trigger finger twitching like crazy!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Vastet

Re: A demo of Rapid Fire ... Hermes vs Artemis
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 01:50:25 AM »
The Force was strong with him. He just had to stop smoking his pipe first...

Administrator Beltath
Arts & Leisure Department
The Valkethian Federation
Valketh

Offline Delly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 01:55:32 AM »
nice thnxs for posting :)
now i have to build a bunch of ares to keep my base safe =/

Offline Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 01:58:59 AM »
Quote from: "Vastet"
The Force was strong with him. He just had to stop smoking his pipe first...

Yeah, that's why I posted it.  The Artemis pilot was so "distracted" for the first two rounds that he only managed to pump out one shot on each of those first two rounds.

You also gotta applaud the Hermes pilots... I'm not sure if both had damaged ships, but they managed to survive to the third round.

I guess whatever the Artemis pilot was smoking ... it gave him extra-super-dog-fighting abilities on the 3rd round.