contact
May 31, 2020, 12:07:45 PM

Author Topic: The Inactive Ninja  (Read 2936 times)

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.suckitoklahoma.com/
The Inactive Ninja
« on: March 21, 2010, 04:12:01 AM »
Has anyone tried this or am I the first.  So I started by buddy requesting a few lower ranked members that i noticed didn't fleet save, resource save, anything.  It was clear that they would be going inactive eventually.  Sure as can be a week or two later they go (i).  So I place my war colony in that system and I dump a measly 100K ore on that planet.  Then I wait.  After 15 min the (*) goes away and I wait for it to reappear with someone farming Inactives.  There are no defenses on the planet, no ships so i send out a fleet of hades and Apollo to group defend the target for 3 hours.  And then BAM!!!  An unsuspecting fleet of hercs or Atlas (usually Atlas) slams into my fleet and I vacuum up the debris.  People never double probe an inactive and when they PM me I just tell them that I was using a group defend as a fleet save.  And then deny my involvement with the collection of debris.  I then attack that planet 6 times and reclaim my ore.  His mines produced enough that I still got extra out of it plus the hydro and crystal.

I worry about doing this too often and it really takes up some time, but it's worth the laugh.  Really the time could be better spent raiding inactives myself, but now I have made myself paranoid.  Anyhow that Inactive has been deleted so now i am searching out another one.  But it was fun while it lasted.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Inventor of the "Support Rulings Forum"
Survivor of a direct confrontation with the Google [bot]
Winner of an argument with myself!

Quote from: \"Admiral Firebringer\"
I hate you people

Offline BlackShirt

• View Profile
Re: The Inactive Ninja
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 04:21:21 AM »
I only did it after the two day upgrade and only got one fleet but it was 170 atlas'
I\'m the 7th Care Bear of the Apocalypse  \":twisted:\" Deal with it

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 04:23:53 AM »
Thanks.   I would have to say if i saw a million of any resource on an inactive, I'd Pass.  But like i said, the whole thing has made me paranoid.  Sometimes to add further protection I'll tack on a few hundred probes for counter esp, just to make sure no one else is joining in the fun while my fleet is there.  I would prefer the oricle though, but I am having problems getting someone to do a moon shot with me.  Nobody wants to throw away the ships.  I have even tried to ninja a fleet but no one will take the bait.  I don't know if it's transparent or just not enough ships and resources to be worth an attack.  I think I found someone today though that could help out, but he needs time to build up arty.

I hate you people

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 04:28:47 AM »
Quote from: "BlackShirt"
I only did it after the two day upgrade and only got one fleet but it was 170 atlas'

That's about 10 times my best.  Once a guy decided to strip the planet clean,  He sent 12 then 6 then a herc.  The herc landed about an hour and a half after the atlases but I had taken everything back by then so he got away with less than 3K in resources.  He PM'ed me.  I didn't know what to say so I told him that I was fleet saving and that his probes should have seen me.  I didn't get a response.

I hate you people

Offline Star Admiral Alex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 05:48:22 AM »
nice idea :)

like that one :)

Offline Polynikes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 08:48:16 PM »
Posts like this are the reason I come here.  :lol:
Players driven to (d): 4
Players driven to (n): 4
Players driven to (i): 1
Planets renamed in my honor: F*** this game, I love Polynikes, Hope you die

Offline bryn987

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 08:53:21 PM »
they dont' see that someone other then the planet owner is defending the planet?  Or do all the ships (planet owner and group defenders) appear as one
To be free, you must be exiled!

1/18/2010 - 10/22/2011
Players sent to d status/retirement - 32
Solo Zeus kills - 33
Solo Heph kills - 3
Moons given  -  31

Offline ASM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 08:56:08 PM »
This is a freakin awesome idea!!  +1

baiting my hook now :D :D

Offline Vanandapeus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 09:17:56 PM »
Quote from: "bryn987"
they dont' see that someone other then the planet owner is defending the planet?  Or do all the ships (planet owner and group defenders) appear as one

Well, they do see it, but the idea is apparently to write it off as a fleetsave if youre called on it

I wish people WOULD fleetsave on inactives, that would be a lot of fun, and a lot of extra moons for inactives :lol:
Seven sixteenths of an inch
"That\'s the distance you\'d have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot."
Thank you Maddox \":D\"

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 12:46:32 AM »
Quote from: "Polynikes"
Posts like this are the reason I come here.  :lol:

thanks

I have to admit it had an adverse side effect as the paranoia was costing hydro sending Posiedons with each fleet as well as secondary probes with my farm fleets.  at least ones on planets with strange resource amounts.

I hate you people

Offline CreoleLakerFan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 09:19:47 PM »
That's not a bad idea.  I have an inactive that I recruited to our alliance with seven systems close by me ... I could really clean up this way!

But it does seem to engender paranoia.

Offline AbsolutZero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 09:23:53 PM »
Paranoia is the key to longevity :)

I wouldn't attack an inactive with that many resources unless their mines were capable of doing it. An inactive with level 5 mines and a mil resources...you gotta be really stupid to go after that!
I was the 426,882 player to get an Athena, the 416,390 player to get a hades and the 222,716 person to get a Prometheus! Bow before my awesomeness!

Offline LassasinoSilenzioso

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 10:43:39 PM »
Quote from: "2$Bill"
Has anyone tried this or am I the first.  So I started by buddy requesting a few lower ranked members that i noticed didn't fleet save, resource save, anything.  It was clear that they would be going inactive eventually.  Sure as can be a week or two later they go (i).  So I place my war colony in that system and I dump a measly 100K ore on that planet.  Then I wait.  After 15 min the (*) goes away and I wait for it to reappear with someone farming Inactives.  There are no defenses on the planet, no ships so i send out a fleet of hades and Apollo to group defend the target for 3 hours.  And then BAM!!!  An unsuspecting fleet of hercs or Atlas (usually Atlas) slams into my fleet and I vacuum up the debris.  People never double probe an inactive and when they PM me I just tell them that I was using a group defend as a fleet save.  And then deny my involvement with the collection of debris.  I then attack that planet 6 times and reclaim my ore.  His mines produced enough that I still got extra out of it plus the hydro and crystal.

I worry about doing this too often and it really takes up some time, but it's worth the laugh.  Really the time could be better spent raiding inactives myself, but now I have made myself paranoid.  Anyhow that Inactive has been deleted so now i am searching out another one.  But it was fun while it lasted.

I tossed this idea around when I was at NOB pre-oracle, the oracle has really made it much more doable, however.
l\'assasino silenziosos
(the Silent Assasin)
Founder of Top Gun
Former Leader of NOB
Uni 2 The Syndicate (Profit) LEADER

Offline CreoleLakerFan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 11:08:05 PM »
Quote from: "AbsolutZero"
Paranoia is the key to longevity :)

I wouldn't attack an inactive with that many resources unless their mines were capable of doing it. An inactive with level 5 mines and a mil resources...you gotta be really stupid to go after that!

Well ... I just meant the general idea of group defending a buddied inactive and claiming the debris field.  Anyone with any experience should know better than to raid an inactive whose resource levels far out pace the storage capacity of the planet.  I don't know that I would accomplish anything productive with my day if I put a 'honeypot' there, as I would be constantly refreshing the galaxy screen ... it's bad enough as it is.

=]

Offline AbsolutZero

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 03:15:12 AM »
I tried out your tactic in extreme, I hit 4 people inside of an hour with it.

No one seemed to wonder about the growing pile of debris outside of that inactive planet.

+10 sir, very awesome!
I was the 426,882 player to get an Athena, the 416,390 player to get a hades and the 222,716 person to get a Prometheus! Bow before my awesomeness!

birthmark-ant