contact
May 21, 2019, 01:18:42 PM

Author Topic: Misc. message template improvements  (Read 180 times)

Offline Sgt. Sparky

• View Profile
Misc. message template improvements
« on: April 02, 2010, 04:23:36 AM »
I've tried to search for a similar topic, but the main key words are too common.  :-(

-Please add the planet of origil for espionage missions.  Just about all other messages (including when spied upon) give you this basic info.  This should not affect game balance.

-It would also be useful to add more accurate time stamps.  'hours' ago is nice, but very vague.  It can be deduced a bit more than that (with a lot of patience).  Don't see this affecting game balance either, but it is annoying that I can't tell if a missile strike that occured a couple of hours ago was seconds, minutes, or an hour *after* an attack.  Makes a big difference to me and prefer not to have to babysit the message screen for up to 2 hours to work it out.

-Indicate recipients of mesages when looking at 'sent' messages.  I know I sent them!!! (I'd also like to add a few basics like alliance names and such, but can see potential privacy issues.  The later could be mitigated by cross-referencing to see if the alliance was already associated, but that can be a pain to implement.  A potential exception: Alliance leaders contacted using the alliance link (no extra info then!).

-Sgt. Sparky.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

birthmark-ant