contact
July 14, 2020, 03:40:12 PM

Author Topic: Dissapearing Players  (Read 589 times)

Offline Opti

• View Profile
Dissapearing Players
« on: April 07, 2010, 11:15:54 AM »
Wth?? A guy went 'iD' near me this morning, he wasn't last night so it was definitely very recent.. launched some attack fleets as he had a lot of re sitting out.

I look later and find no battle report and just my ships returning.. take a look and the player is completely gone?? His planets just free slots now.

So what's up with that? Theres still plenty of inactives about so why has this guy suddenly been deleated? He cant have been inactive for more than 24h and more than likely less than 12.

These are the buildings/tech I got from him on recon so while he wasn't the biggest player he definitely wasn't small.

MINES:
* Ore Mine: 17
* Crystal Mine: 17
* Hydrogen Synthesizer: 10

TECHS:
* Laser Tech: 10
* Armor Tech: 5
* Weapons Tech: 4
* Shield Tech: 6
* Particle Tech: 5
* Jet Drive: 6
* A.I. Tech: 5
* Energy Tech: 8
* Espionage Tech: 5
* Pulse Drive: 5
* Plasma Tech: 5
* FTL Tech: 4
* Expedition Tech: 2
* Warp Drive: 4
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline BlackShirt

• View Profile
Re: Dissapearing Players
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 11:30:20 AM »
Player came back online, decided he didn't want to be a farm to and abandoned most of his planets. The ultimate denial...
I\'m the 7th Care Bear of the Apocalypse  \":twisted:\" Deal with it

Offline Opti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 11:34:16 AM »
I highly doubt that. Don't play for a week; then come back within 12h of becoming inactive and delete?

Offline ASM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:45:44 AM »
I've seen it happen b4 not all that unlikely

Offline BlackShirt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 02:42:20 PM »
I was involved in taking one player's fleet and a zeus out and then going back for more while they were toggled (!) and then suddenly all 8 of their planets were gone- leaving only a planet one galaxy over.
I\'m the 7th Care Bear of the Apocalypse  \":twisted:\" Deal with it

Offline Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 02:48:56 PM »
I've seen this before too. I was farming a few planet and the next thing I know the guy came back on to find his fleet gone and then moved all his colonies away. I still haven't found him. He even messaged me laughing that I lost farms. Poor sucker lost more then that.
Hawkins, Former member and Leader of Hawkins\' Hellions
Assumption is the mother of all F@#$ ups.
Moons given: 7
Moons owned: Still 0

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 03:13:17 PM »
I hit a guy who was ranked 200 smashed his ships then when the hourly update came up he dropped to rank 2200. I had to see what happened, turns out he abandoned all of his planets.
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.

Vastet

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 08:35:27 PM »
I made someone abandon all their worlds and change their name to hide from my vengeance. I don't know or care where he is now. He lost tens of millions worth of buildings by doing so, and I'm still laughing two weeks later.
Be careful who you randomly fire missiles at for no reason. Some of us will be forced to make a point by ruining you.

Offline Oort

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 05:34:03 AM »
I've had people come active a few times during an attack. It actually happens a bit more than you'd expect.

Also had a guy fire some nukes at me when I raided him. He hadn't fleet saved. So I raided him again, he still didn't fleet save and he fired more nukes and went into D mode. I saw him come out of D about a month later, saw that he'd done nothing but build up IBM missiles while he was in D. He had something like 120 of them. While contacting my alliance leader on advice of a preemptive strike because I just felt that he'd be aiming them at me he fired them all and went back into d mode. After another month I saw him coming out of d again. I launched as soon as he was cleared and knocked down every single IPBM he had before he could launch, then I destroyed every single ship he had (I counted them in the leaderboard and got every single one of them). Before I could start launching atlases to scrape the remaining resources free of his planets he abandoned every single one of them but his homeworld (he had all his colonies in 2 systems). It's been a few weeks now and he is in the solid (I) status. Probably come off the system any day now. He also shut the mines down on his homeworld so there is nothing being produced there.

I hate to see players quit, but some of them are complete idiots and jerks. This guy left his stuff sitting and took it personally when he got raided for it, then he went onto a vendetta to do as much damage to me as he could with zero return. When I even explained to him the benefits of fleet saving and that firing nukes in retaliation was considered bad form he fired more off at me and wrote insulting messages. After he did the nuke ambush I told him I would make every effort to raze his assets and turn him into my own personal farm. But he chose oblivion over being farmed. I was not sad to see this guy go.
Account SOLD for $440!
Transaction complete.

birthmark-ant