contact
July 08, 2020, 10:43:17 PM

Author Topic: Return of the heph  (Read 5801 times)

Offline davide

• View Profile
Re: Return of the heph
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2010, 05:11:05 PM »
Quote from: "bryn987"
Hopefully, they make the heph, indestructible.  Or able to fleet save itself.

It will be better to be indestructible or it will be a bitch to not have any overnight fleets out, like those long dino returns, as it will force the heph to be not fleetsavable.

Basically, make the heph like a movable planet  :)

That will make it much more useable

Something like that has to be done to make it fulfill the stated reason for it's existence. Else it makes more sense to give up a colony worth of production.

Remember at the end of the day, the cost of a heph (and replacing it when it gets shot to hell) are measured against the loss of your LOWEST producing planet.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline lee666

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2010, 06:36:54 PM »
wow 10 pages, didnt think this topic would last this long  :mrgreen:

yes making it indestructable when deployed would solve the problems abit, wouldnt have to move it round everynight and watch it burn through your hydro supplys

Offline furemer

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2010, 07:22:12 PM »
hmmm I don't think making the heph indestructible would be good

Everyone always says FS or die, if the heph becomes indestructible?  FS will no longer be required for the upper tier players.

They will just move all their fleets into the Heph and wait too bring em out for when they are playing.

So the ONLY way that the Heph could become indestructible is if you could still attack those ships it holds.  Meaning you would have to fleet save your fleets still and could only use the heph when you are active.  

WOW considering some of the comments I've seen lately about allowing nothin that would through off the balance of the game.  I am surprised I am the one making this comment.   Maybe its only ok when it further stacks it to the rank?  

Again I personally do not think as it stands the heph should require the sacrifcae of a planet, I also think it should be able to orbit any planet, maybe being shown like a moon?  Yes I know that might be a code nightmare.  And the Heph should be able to practice FS since its the only real protection any fleet is allowed in this game.

Offline bryn987

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2010, 07:34:10 PM »
No, the Heph would still be attackable and all ships with it can be destroyed.  If so, then the heph would just be left standing.  Just like a planet.

I'm willing to let all raiding to the Heph get 100% of cargo space instead of the 50% for planets, just to help get this changed.
To be free, you must be exiled!

1/18/2010 - 10/22/2011
Players sent to d status/retirement - 32
Solo Zeus kills - 33
Solo Heph kills - 3
Moons given  -  31

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2010, 07:55:23 PM »
I'd like to blow up the ships on a heph and hit the res in successive waves. Let the heph float in space, or even knock it out by taking enough hydro to leave it stranded.
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.

Offline bryn987

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2010, 08:04:02 PM »
^^  I like that.  Kinda like Event Horizon.  Just have it floating there like a death ship while the owner has to scramble to get back to it  :)
To be free, you must be exiled!

1/18/2010 - 10/22/2011
Players sent to d status/retirement - 32
Solo Zeus kills - 33
Solo Heph kills - 3
Moons given  -  31

Offline Daven

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2010, 10:47:32 PM »
Consider the option of raising Heph base shields to 200,000.

Since all ships below Prometheus level are ineffective against Heph because of the Rule of Ineffectiveness - all ship types other than Prometheus and Zeus would not be effected.

This would also mean that in order for Prometheus to have any effect on Heph - it would have to have weapons tech equal to or higher than the shields tech of the Heph. If the Prometheus weapons tech is lower that the shields tech of the Hept - it falls under the ineffectiveness rule.

That would force Heph owners to run up shields tech - and Heph hunters to run up weapons tech.  It would reduce the vulnerability of Heph, but not eliminate it.  Heph owners would have to be aware of the weapons tech's of players within striking range.  (lots of probing around the location of the heph or accept the risk.  He could eliminate players whose ranks indicate that their weapons tech isn't likely to be up to 12 (which is the minimum shields level heph can be built at.))

It would have no effect on Zeus vs Heph.  If a Heph owner allows himself to get caught by the slow Zeus - then he is using bad tactics.

Offline Opti

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2010, 09:21:06 AM »
^^^ Like this idea.

Just before reading that post I was thinking to myself.. well the only ship that should be able to destroy it is the zeus...

Something along those lines would actually make it useable.

Offline davide

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2010, 02:02:40 PM »
The basic problem with this is you are saying it's immune to attack by lower ranked players, but not by higher ranked players.

So, if I am one higher on weapons than you are on shields I can take you out with Proms, but otherwise I basically can't hit you (if you get hit by a Zeus, you where dumb)

That translates to the large players can kill Hephs and no-one else. I would rather see a flat, can't be destroyed, or a can only be hit by Zeus regardless of weapons level.

KSNGR

« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2010, 09:12:10 AM »
Yeah, making it hittable by Zeus only will just break alot of things and fix nothing. The most obvious would be that it will make a planet immune to attacks except by Zeus. (Turtles would love this though) It will also be a free ticket for a Hep owner to not need to fleet/resource save for at least 5hrs.... anyone who has tried attacking with Zeus before will know how impossible it is already to hit an active player with it besides for defense bashing.

Also to clarify why I suggested 100% raidable resources. Its to keep in line with the current system i.e. if the Hep gets destroyed, the debris field will contain the ore and crystal it carries. So if someone successfully raids a loaded Hep (assuming it is indestructible), he should also full access to the resources it carries too, instead of just 50%.

Offline davide

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2010, 03:27:29 PM »
So, indestructible but 100% raidable sounds like a good compromise.

You can still attack all the ships that defend it, so you have to still fleetsave your fleet.
It just becomes a temporary base. (maybe update the graphics to show something that looks more like
a huge fleet tender, where the ships orbit around it, not come from inside it)

So, Heph vs colony pros and cons.

Pros for Heph
Can be relocated.
Can take ships with it at a single hydro cost.

Cons for Heph
A raid can take everything in the hold.
Can only have one.

KSNGR

« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2010, 04:10:52 PM »
So, Heph vs colony pros and cons.

Pros for Heph
Can be relocated.
Can take ships with it at a single hydro cost.

Cons for Heph
A raid can take everything in the hold.
Can only have one.

I would think a bigger pro would be that it cannot be oracled if its in transit from 1 colony slot to the other.

Its main cons would be that
Its slow
Cannot build stuff or have defenses
Can't have moons
A one way ticket (Related to being able to have only 1, but maybe eventually there will be an abandon option like colonies or option to return to a planet)

Offline lee666

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2010, 05:58:33 PM »
con:
massive hydro usage

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2010, 08:45:19 PM »
Quote from: "lee666"
con:
massive hydro usage

A Heph right now would cost 1/5th what it costs to deploy my current fleet.
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.

Offline Maloar

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2010, 08:51:18 PM »
Quote from: "Aaria.moon"
Quote from: "lee666"
con:
massive hydro usage

A Heph right now would cost 1/5th what it costs to deploy my current fleet.

Does it cost 1/5th the cost to deploy your fleet at the speed the heph moves?
-Iron must be dirtied, burned and beaten before it can become steel.