contact
July 02, 2020, 12:14:16 PM

Author Topic: Galaxy X  (Read 495 times)

Offline lee666

• View Profile
Galaxy X
« on: April 28, 2010, 04:20:47 PM »
just one of my mad ideas :mrgreen:

alright so we are currently up to g100, bulk of the galaxys are filled with inactives and dip moders who are either not willing or able to fight atm which means the people who are wanting to fight are too spread out to fight each other and as soon as you move a planet to a new gal half the people there run in dip mode

so what could be added is another galaxy in the middle of nowhere, how you get there i will leave to you, can be normal travel or a new tech or whatever... basicly its a combat galaxy, same distance from all others, each player can only colonize one planet in the galaxy and is exempt from dip mode, that way players can just go at each other all they like
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Romeo Victor

• View Profile
Re: Galaxy X
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 04:25:17 PM »
+1 -but it should have NO moons in that galaxy.

The reason I'm saying that -- is people will use it as a conduit to move from G1 to G100.  Which is fine, but whoever lands there first and gets moons, will terrorize anyone trying to move through there.  They should also make it 2x mining, so people want to go there...  this way there will be raiders and turtles.

Offline Perseus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 04:30:25 PM »
Quote from: "lee666"
just one of my mad ideas :mrgreen:

alright so we are currently up to g100, bulk of the galaxys are filled with inactives and dip moders who are either not willing or able to fight atm which means the people who are wanting to fight are too spread out to fight each other and as soon as you move a planet to a new gal half the people there run in dip mode

so what could be added is another galaxy in the middle of nowhere, how you get there i will leave to you, can be normal travel or a new tech or whatever... basicly its a combat galaxy, same distance from all others, each player can only colonize one planet in the galaxy and is exempt from dip mode, that way players can just go at each other all they like

Extreme!

There should be a tech that warps all of your original planets to extreme permanently. lol
Zeus\' killed: 2
Moons given: 2

Retired player

Peak rank: #147
Rank after quitting: ~1300

Offline lee666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 04:35:55 PM »
Quote from: "Randall_Vollen"

The reason I'm saying that -- is people will use it as a conduit to move from G1 to G100.  Which is fine, but whoever lands there first and gets moons, will terrorize anyone trying to move through there.  They should also make it 2x mining, so people want to go there...  this way there will be raiders and turtles.

good points, i did think of no moons and thinking about it some old school fighting would be great so i agree! i thought of saying some way to stop people using it as a shortcut but couldnt think of an effective way and would depend on how access to the galaxy is set up, if its normal travel then just make it far enough away that people would just travel directly or it wouldnt save them much time

Offline Perseus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 04:44:40 PM »
Quote from: "lee666"
Quote from: "Randall_Vollen"

good points, i did think of no moons and thinking about it some old school fighting would be great so i agree! i thought of saying some way to stop people using it as a shortcut but couldnt think of an effective way and would depend on how access to the galaxy is set up, if its normal travel then just make it far enough away that people would just travel directly or it wouldnt save them much time

Just make it the same distance away from every galaxy. I don't know what that distance would be, but that's one way to do it.

Retired player

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.suckitoklahoma.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 07:11:54 PM »
-1 on the 2X mining.  I say have no mining.  All resources should be collected through battle or shipped in.  As far as the moons go, I say make all the planets like moons.  should be easy to script in.  Make it so you must build up your lunar base to a level that makes you sacrafice oracle level to shipyard level.  That would also fix the mine issue.  I think it would also make people a bit more active.  At least it would make them think about how to defeat the oracle instead of calling for it's removal from the game.
Inventor of the "Support Rulings Forum"
Survivor of a direct confrontation with the Google [bot]
Winner of an argument with myself!

Quote from: \"Admiral Firebringer\"
I hate you people

Offline Bravicus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 08:58:25 PM »
If it is the same distance from every other galaxy it would be a very easy way to go from g10 to g60 via gX.  It would have to be accessable like a warp gate where you could only go in from one of you planet locations and you ships could only come back from x via that same planet.
Everything I say is likely a couple of years out of date

Offline Perseus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 09:14:01 PM »
Quote from: "Bravicus"
If it is the same distance from every other galaxy it would be a very easy way to go from g10 to g60 via gX.  It would have to be accessable like a warp gate where you could only go in from one of you planet locations and you ships could only come back from x via that same planet.

That's true. I just assumed it would be a one way trip though.

Retired player

Offline Evan Woodard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 11:42:20 AM »
Besides we don't know how to get there. Just because it's equidistant from everyone doesn't mean it isn't more hydro intensive than a trip from G1 to G100.
See you and your "magical" atlas on the battlefield

I\'m highly religious. I go to the Church of the Doom Beaver.