contact
March 23, 2019, 07:06:51 PM

Author Topic: Pushing  (Read 1142 times)

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.suckitoklahoma.com/
Pushing
« on: May 06, 2010, 03:51:19 PM »
From the past we have seen that we cannot directly send resources due to coding.  Also we may not, crash a fleet into a player to send resources unless the debris is sent back to that player.  So if fleets are going to be suicided for moonshots then there should either be two fleets of equal composition sent at the same time and collected.  If one player wants to suicide thier fleet on their planet, then resources must be given if it is a lower player attacking, to cover any losses as this would be pushing as well.  Of coarse you cannot drop resources on an inactive to be picked up by a highe ranking player.  You can send lower ranking players resources, and you can effectivly bypass the pushing rule by doing a number of favorable trades to the higher ranking player as that was declared legal by BFG staff on another thread.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Inventor of the "Support Rulings Forum"
Survivor of a direct confrontation with the Google [bot]
Winner of an argument with myself!

Quote from: \"Admiral Firebringer\"
I hate you people

Offline airboy69

• View Profile
Re: Pushing
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 08:31:14 PM »
Can someone please explain pushing to me? If a friend and I are doing a group attack and we want to split the profits equally and I am a higher ranked player... Is it cheating for me to be the one to send all my recyclers for the debris and then transport to him half of our take?

Offline Laggynate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 08:33:10 PM »
Quote from: "airboy69"
Can someone please explain pushing to me? If a friend and I are doing a group attack and we want to split the profits equally and I am a higher ranked player... Is it cheating for me to be the one to send all my recyclers for the debris and then transport to him half of our take?
If he gets his res then no. If you keep it all to yourself, it would be pushing.
If I have closed a thread that you feel shouldn\'t have been, feel free to send me a pm.
[size=50]As of 10/1/2010 I was able to build Prometheus for the first time[/size]

Offline poeticmotion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 09:41:37 PM »
I ran into this problem, though. We regularly do group atttacks and since I have more recyclers than anyone else in my alliance in extreme, I usually scoop the debris and distribute it. But one of my alliance members has a higher RS ranking than I do, so his transport icon is grayed out. If it's pushing for us to group and me keep it, how do I legally distribute the resources? I owe this player 2 mil ore and 1 mil crystal and haven't been able to figure out how to legally do it; I could drop it on an inactive but haven't because I don't want to look like we're cheating.
Uni2-PoeticMotion[ODB] Peak rank 24 peak DSP rank 9 ***RETIRED FROM SFC***

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 10:00:48 PM »
What!?!?  People don't drop resources on inactive planets so that higher ranked players can pick it up.  You my friend are living in a dream world.

I hate you people

Offline Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 02:41:23 PM »
Quote from: "poeticmotion"
I ran into this problem, though. We regularly do group atttacks and since I have more recyclers than anyone else in my alliance in extreme, I usually scoop the debris and distribute it. But one of my alliance members has a higher RS ranking than I do, so his transport icon is grayed out. If it's pushing for us to group and me keep it, how do I legally distribute the resources? I owe this player 2 mil ore and 1 mil crystal and haven't been able to figure out how to legally do it; I could drop it on an inactive but haven't because I don't want to look like we're cheating.

Do a structured series of trades.  I'm pretty sure this method is legal, and has been talked about in these forums before.  It would be nice if Matt replies and approves the examples given below.

For example:

You trade: 8000k Ore
You receive: 4000k  Crystal
+
You trade: 4000k Crystal
You receive: 6000k Ore

The net effect of those two trades is that you've given away 2000k Ore.  (The downside is that both of you will be spending hydrogen to get this done).

Another example

You trade: 3000k Crystal
You receive: 2000k Hydrogen
+
You trade: 2000k Hydrogen
You receive: 2000k Crystal

Net effect:  you gave away 1000k Crystal.

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 02:53:31 PM »
he has in the past and said that this is acceptable.

I hate you people

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 07:28:23 PM »
I agree that DF's are not owned.  With an oracle there is a greater chance that a third party will recieve the resources before either of the parties as the number of moons in increased, and thus the DF is uncontrolled by the players involved.

I hate you people

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 07:35:49 PM »
Quote from: "Laggynate"
Quote from: "airboy69"
If he gets his res then no. If you keep it all to yourself, it would be pushing.

wait...how would him keeping all the res be pushing? they are doing a group attack on someone else, the res isn't either persons to start with....keeping the res for himself when they had agreed to split it wouldn't be very ethical, but I fail to see how it could be pushing
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline jhiggins1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 06:12:24 PM »
Regarding moon shots and pushing.

A lower ranked player leaving the game has given me several moonshots.  Can I balance the moon shots by sending them at a different lower ranked player in the same alliance?  If not, can I push the debris I have collected to create the same balance?

Thanks.

Offline Romeo Victor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 08:03:19 PM »
I actually have a follow up question.

Player A - Ranked 200
Player B - Ranked 300

Player A gives Player B 500k Hydrogen to help group attack with him.

Player B wants to give the 500k Hydrogen back to Player A, but Can't.  

Is Player A just supposed to be Altruistic in his giving of 500k hydro?  Can Player A recover said hydrogen with an attack on Player B, where Player B hops Player A's attack?

I normally don't follow all the rulings - and I'm curious - since, I give people resources *all* the time.  sometimes they want to pay me back - it's always been an odd situation when it arises.

Offline Romeo Victor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 08:12:47 PM »
This seems to be "broken" in my opinion.