contact
August 18, 2019, 02:26:15 PM

Author Topic: slow attacks ?????  (Read 2244 times)

Offline Zafoquat

• View Profile
Re: slow attacks ?????
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 02:58:39 PM »
Quote from: "colin dudley"
Just reported three 1 atlas 50 hour attacks, will they take action?

screenshot
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
teaching small children about god is abusive

you condition your child to a fairy tale with no supporting evidence

you close their mind to free and balanced learning

grow up and act like a real parent

Quote from: \"Pton\"
So pretty much you hit all minorities with that one, and yes I know you meant it, from previous posts.

Offline codename_B

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 03:27:04 PM »
if you ever find yourself being lagged out by 10 ore more harassment attacks and need to move your fleet, there is a script availale that hides your the ongoing tasks in your fleet screen.
don\'t be a tool, get a tool! Starfleet Commander Tools
No Sleepsave = More Sleep

Offline ian8144

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 06:51:17 PM »
Quote from: "Zafoquat"
i see how the author is confused

and i brought up all of his issues with a few more questionable scenerios testing the definiton of slow attacks

i got a bunch of conflicting answers from jason, pulled a few teeth, and finally got a comprehensive answer from john

User photo
John Hunka
Blue Frog Gaming

"...As for harassing attacks, any attack that (by itself) does not have the ability to inflict any "reasonable" amount of damage to the enemy planet, is considered to be harassment, regardless of speed. ...."

a 10% zeus is not a harassing attack,

1000 100% probes is a harassing attack

a 10% dio from 10 gals away is a harassing attack

a 20% arti to lock in a lanx hand or oracle-locked is NOT a harassing attack.

a 20% arti and atlas taht could.. POSSIBLE take rez and TECHNICALLY profit by a few hundred rez.. is not  "reasonable" amount of damage and is therefor a harassing attack

um there are tons more but i figure this clears it up

"slow" attack is a bad term for the offense

"harassing" attack works 100x better

its like global warming and global climate change =D

Thanks for that , it makes a little more sense now.
I assume then that if I send a reasonable force from a long distance to be joined at a later time by the remainder of the attackforce from much closer this would not be deemed a harrassing attack?
Back from self imposed exile but still with an ovine obsession

Offline RLaburda

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 07:43:38 PM »
Quote from: "codename_B"
if you ever find yourself being lagged out by 10 ore more harassment attacks and need to move your fleet, there is a script availale that hides your the ongoing tasks in your fleet screen.

Issue with that is it hides the legit attacks as well.
First warp gates in SFC Extreme - I claim it

Offline codename_B

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 07:51:10 PM »
It's only intended to be used to get access to your fleet, move it, then disable the script.

I'm working on one that disables anything over an hour only, but that's not going as well.
don\'t be a tool, get a tool! Starfleet Commander Tools
No Sleepsave = More Sleep

Offline colin dudley

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 10:51:20 PM »
Heres the screenshot

Attack    Divinity [58:179:1]    Hercules VII    
Atlas_classx1
   1 ship
!!!    
77% (12:36:28)

Attack    Divinity [58:179:1]    Hercules III
Atlas_classx1
   1 ship
!!!    
63% (25:08:05)

Attack    Divinity [58:179:1]    Hercules V   
Atlas_classx1
   1 ship

Offline Hairballis Maximus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 06:09:59 PM »
Anyone else have problems with VTLP alliance?

One of their guys has been attacking my planets for the last week even after I fleet/resource save.  I've gotten to the point now that I turn off my mines when I log off to prevent him from getting anything.  Now he has two attacks comming at me containing 1 Atlas each that will not hit for another 23 hours.  I thought this was illegal?

Offline Kimbahlicious

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 06:12:14 PM »
Quote from: "Hairballis Maximus"
Anyone else have problems with VTLP alliance?

One of their guys has been attacking my planets for the last week even after I fleet/resource save.  I've gotten to the point now that I turn off my mines when I log off to prevent him from getting anything.  Now he has two attacks comming at me containing 1 Atlas each that will not hit for another 23 hours.  I thought this was illegal?

Put in a support ticket if you have an issue with it, although I'd let it go through and blow up the atlas'
Retired, not retired, retired, not retired....
No Prey, No Pay
  - Don Maitz

Offline Baron Von Richtofen

• War is best left to common soldiers and Generals
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2010, 09:32:18 PM »
BF: "How can we further limit the ways to make an attack?  Let us count the ways."

Yes it's annoying to have a single dio attacking from 20 systems away and taking 4 days to reach you.   Deal!!!  I have only done it once!  And that was in reply to one sent at me!  I didn't go whining to BF over it!  I responded in kind.  

Now what made me mad was when the very person who had initiated the slow dio attack had the friggin nerve to file a complaint to BF over my response in kind attack.  And I get a warning from BF about it and they canx my attack!  
Yeah Gladiator I'm talking about You!!!  Bloody bunch of whiners playin this game anymore!!!

But other Slow attacks are legit smoke screen tactics for other attacks.  And, in some cases are a means to allow for group attacks with slower ships, that would otherwise slow down the attack too much and could not join.

This new ruling is yet another tool for the Tool whiners out there to stop attacks that could otherwise wipe them out because they don't want to have to fleet save against it, or cannot get their alliance mates to be able to group defend in time.

Thanks BF for making this game even less of a combat oriented game.  And accomodating the whiners.
Boelcke's list of tactics; Otherwise known as Dicta Boelcke:
1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking. If possible, keep the sun behind you
2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try to get around his attack, but fly to meet it
7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
8. Tip for Squadrons: In principle, it is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent.

Offline Oort

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2010, 11:24:50 PM »
Now you know. Submit a ticket if someone does it to you. Big deal. Doing it to someone else only lowers you to their level. BFG hasn't limited attacking on any level with this ruling. It's to stop annoying harassment that does little for the game. You really only hurt yourself doing it, tying up a fleet slot.

Kinda silly to reciprocate if you think about it.
Account SOLD for $440!
Transaction complete.