contact
October 15, 2018, 08:48:39 AM

Author Topic: I like this forum and it's implementations, but  (Read 475 times)

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
I like this forum and it's implementations, but
« on: May 07, 2010, 06:12:13 PM »
I'd like to make a suggestion.

Now, I'm not sure if it's okay to post this here because I haven't checked to see if the rules have been altered at all since this forum's creation. If they have been, please delete this thread, not causing drama, just making a suggestion.

As you (the moderators) know, I got permanently suspended on the forums for "breaking" the rules. "rules" that were "clearly" defined as Matt had put it.

I made an appeal, citing that I didn't actually break the rules, and that the rules had been changed AFTER my "DP" threads had been posted. And that while "clearly" defined, they were changed so that my thread could get locked, also because it was a legitimate loophole that anyone could navigate.

ANYWAYS, my suggestion is this. Could you guys (the moderators) do a bit more "research" next time before you go banning people? Obviously one of you jumped over the other to ban me and hadn't taken your time to read through the posts or communicated with Laggy/Pt about the ruling change, because I got banned 12+ hours after the thread had been locked.

You guys are doing a great job with this, trying to get everything defined and seeing it through to a course of action. I'd just ask that you guys get your "Facts" straight before making an executive decision. That may have come off a bit more "harsh" than I had intended, but I meant it with best intentions.

I say this not just because I got banned without warrant, but because others could get banned for rules changes that happened AFTER their post/thread.

I just want to see a little less "shoot first, ask questions later" going on.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Profit=Growth=Advancement=Good

Offline Kimbahlicious

• View Profile
Re: I like this forum and it's implementations, but
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 06:16:49 PM »
+1

I agree Brian.  Research before rash decisions.

Edited to add:
Oh, and welcome back Brian.   :)
Retired, not retired, retired, not retired....
No Prey, No Pay
  - Don Maitz

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
Re: I like this forum and it's implementations, but
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 07:23:02 PM »
I was not aware you were kicked, but with this forum such problems should be much rarer :)
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.