contact
July 09, 2020, 02:58:54 PM

Author Topic: Re: New tech/enginge/heph  (Read 492 times)

Offline Dan Scanndal

• View Profile
Re: New tech/enginge/heph
« on: May 11, 2010, 02:58:40 AM »
Wow, are you trying to give Bodge more ways to screw up the servers....  I mean, save his Heph?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Alliance Leader of the Outcast Gods

Offline Dan Scanndal

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 03:04:24 AM »
I can see the merit in the idea.  But can you imagine if Empire was within seconds of blowing up his Heph (again) and it just disappeared?  Can you imagine the hydro bill and how angry everyone would be?  I wouldn't want to be within 100 systems of anyone involved in that attack.......  Wait, I get it now.  LOL

Offline Victor Doom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 03:05:48 AM »
:twisted: That would be a good way to make an attack and get the hell out of dodge really quick... kinda indifferent to the idea... but you want to make it interesting... since it would be instantaneous... make it so when you jump... it randomly places you somewhere...

:twisted: on a practical note for the Heph.. would like to see a speed adjustment for the heph where its speed can be adjusted just like any other ship...
"Meeting me might have been the most devastating and traumatic focal point of your entire life... For me... It was Tuesday..."

Offline Dan Scanndal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 03:08:32 AM »
Quote from: "Victor Doom"
:twisted: That would be a good way to make an attack and get the hell out of dodge really quick... kinda indifferent to the idea... but you want to make it interesting... since it would be instantaneous... make it so when you jump... it randomly places you somewhere...

:twisted: on a practical note for the Heph.. would like to see a speed adjustment for the heph where its speed can be adjusted just like any other ship...

I love that idea!  It would add a little more excitement to the game.

"HOLY CARP!  WHERE DID THAT HEPH COME FROM?!?!?!  Wait, it's Bodge's.  I better start building some Dions...."

Offline Dan Scanndal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 03:13:16 AM »
I can support this idea now that I understand it better.  Really good idea.  I'd buy you a dime bag, but I don't want to go to jail.  LOL

Offline LunarAvenger

• Your flesh shall be sutured into the orthodoxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 07:28:45 AM »
I propose the new tech be called Singularity Physics, As electromagnetism seems too... idk... 22nd century?

Change the cost of the technology to this.

1,000 Crystal
10,000 Hydrogen
100 Energy

The crystal costs are for the equipment that is launched into space to investigate natural black holes and such. Hydrogen for the machinery, telescopes, fuel costs, and later hydrogen is used in particle accelerators (as well as the crystal needed for the computers). Energy for the construction and later for the ability to run the accelerator. For the wormhole tech naturally a huge particle accelerator would need to be placed in orbit... (perhaps a special satellite with high shields? Limit it to one of course, this adds that much asked for reason to defend a planet).

Each level of wormhole tech could allow the user options for the jump, have level 1 be the totally random jump, but say starting at level 4 you could select a galaxy to jump to, and at level 7 which system, heck make level 9 which planet slot. (and yes that is keeping that base cost of 5M/5M/10K, so level 7 would cost...320M/320M/640K, level 9 1024M/1024M/2.56M)
I'm Ancient
Disciple of the ZPM, occe Leader of the Empire, and designer of various ships that were added.

Vastet

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 08:26:10 AM »
Alternatively, you could choose where you want to jump, but distance is restricted by level. Level 2 for in-system jump. Level 3 required for out-system jump. Level 4 lets you jump 5 systems, 6 jumps 10 systems, 7 jumps 20 systems, 8 jumps 40, 9 jumps 80, and at 10 you can jump to a new galaxy or 160 systems in either direction.

Offline lee666

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 08:52:41 PM »
Quote from: "LunarAvenger"
I propose the new tech be called Singularity Physics, As electromagnetism seems too... idk... 22nd century?

more like the 19th or 20th century, name change is better but im sure better could be thought up...

as for the idea, i support it for faster and cheaper travel not so much for the combat side...

birthmark-ant