contact
July 09, 2020, 02:23:53 PM

Author Topic: Luck.  (Read 657 times)

Offline wellmad

• View Profile
Luck.
« on: May 13, 2010, 11:48:23 AM »
I noticed people coming up with ideas based on Skill, having say heroic units etc etc. But what about Luck(this not to do with rapid fire before you ask)
This system would work For both LARGE scale battles and also Small scale for Defences, for Fleets.

The game would Roll a number 1-15, before the combat started(Noway to see your number).
1-5 would be Unlucky with 1 Most unlucky and 5 being semi unlucky.
6-10 would be Normal and NO change to anything.
11-15 would be lucky with 15 being the Most lucky.

How this would work ->
no1 -> Ships and defences would take 50% more damage and do 50% less damage
no2 -> Ships and defences would take 40% more damage and do 40% less damage
(you get were this is going.)
No 6-10 -> Ships No changes to damage or damage done.
no 11 -> Ships and defences would take 10% less damage and do 10% more damage
no 12 -> Ships and defences would take 20% less damage and do 20% more damage
no 15 -> Ships and defences would take 50% less damage and do 50% more damage

These change would change way the game works I Totaly understand that, But would also make much more fun becuase even tho someone bigger then you acttacked you, you Could get SUPER lucky and them unlucky, tho game would mostly roll in the middle. or you could both get Super unlucky or Both super lucky. etc etc.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
31x 15500 Resouces Not gain from daily bonus = 1k all resources
0x Lotterys won
0x Ship Reward
0x Credit Reward

Offline lee666

• View Profile
Re: Luck.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 11:59:11 AM »
nah -1, maybe 10% luck bonus but not 50%... on large battles this could seriously bone people

besides for luck they added the lottery, what an epic fail that was, unless you was actually lucky enough to win ofc

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.suckitoklahoma.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 12:34:57 PM »
I don't think the server could handle that.
Inventor of the "Support Rulings Forum"
Survivor of a direct confrontation with the Google [bot]
Winner of an argument with myself!

Quote from: \"Admiral Firebringer\"
I hate you people

Vastet

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 12:46:23 PM »
-9001. Has the potential to cut your fleets power in half, making you get obliterated in a battle you should have won hands down. This would kill combat between similar ranked players completely. Noone would risk an attack unless they outnumbered the defender 10 to 1.

Offline Lord Emporer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 03:14:47 PM »
luck = RF
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 06:59:55 PM by Lord Emporer »
Quote from: \"Kimbahlicious\"
Hermes, The only probe that won\'t get you charged with sexual harassment

Quote from: \"who thinks laggynate is too stric\"
no, he\'s doing a good job policing the forums       83%     [54] x
Total votes : 65

Vastet

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 03:29:36 PM »
I didn't even think of that. > >

Offline Laggynate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 08:11:27 PM »
Quote from: "Lord Emporer"
luck = RF
Bingo ;)
If I have closed a thread that you feel shouldn\'t have been, feel free to send me a pm.
[size=50]As of 10/1/2010 I was able to build Prometheus for the first time[/size]

Offline Kimbahlicious

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 08:27:02 PM »
Math geeks everywhere are cringing at the thought of not having accurate numbers for a hit.
Retired, not retired, retired, not retired....
No Prey, No Pay
  - Don Maitz

Offline Javman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 08:36:52 PM »
Quote from: "Kimbahlicious"
Math geeks everywhere are cringing at the thought of not having accurate numbers for a hit.

And because of that inaccuracy, this:

Quote from: "Vastet"
Noone would risk an attack unless they outnumbered the defender 10 to 1.

If people think there's an issue with higher ranks going after lower ranks now, it would be 10x worse with this.

Offline wellmad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 04:13:29 AM »
But thats the point would make the game much more Fun for the Smaler guy That you BIG guys Farm, cus we Could possiable with all the luck in the world win. and fact you get obliterated in the Battle then means you have to rebuild = more Even fights cus at the moment. If someone Out numbers you, and Want to get your fleet they WILL at some point and no amount of Fleet saving with stop them(when they have a moon), at least with this you Would have a chance.
31x 15500 Resouces Not gain from daily bonus = 1k all resources
0x Lotterys won
0x Ship Reward
0x Credit Reward

Offline Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 04:49:04 AM »
This would be a major downfall to the game. I'd never take a chance at attacking someone stronger then me if I can figure on a close battle at least making all you small fries my new targets. Personally don't want that, just the ones with too much resources. And sorry but I don't think this would add fun to the game. Look at me I'm 1200 and got my debris handed to me by an 8000 ranked person due to luck no thanks.[/i and no moons don't guarantee anything, I have yet to be hit by anyone using a moon to target me and put out anywhere between 20 larger attacks or 50 smaller attacks a day, lots of time to be oracled. Trust me there are moons everywhere around me, including one owned by the #1 player in original. I've even attacked this person, would never even try to with luck, I wouldn't do any damage or possible a little.
Hawkins, Former member and Leader of Hawkins\' Hellions
Assumption is the mother of all F@#$ ups.
Moons given: 7
Moons owned: Still 0

Offline Kimbahlicious

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 04:59:54 AM »
Quote from: "wellmad"
But thats the point would make the game much more Fun for the Smaler guy That you BIG guys Farm, cus we Could possiable with all the luck in the world win. and fact you get obliterated in the Battle then means you have to rebuild = more Even fights cus at the moment. If someone Out numbers you, and Want to get your fleet they WILL at some point and no amount of Fleet saving with stop them(when they have a moon), at least with this you Would have a chance.

Actually, you want to know what this would actually cause?  More smaller players being hit by bigger players.  There would be NO battles against people of equal or higher rank!

Just remember, once upon a time, the big guys were small guys...So, stop your whining and go attack someone.
Retired, not retired, retired, not retired....
No Prey, No Pay
  - Don Maitz

Offline Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 05:07:59 AM »
Kimbahlicious
Just remember, once upon a time, the big guys were small guys...So, stop your whining and go attack someone.quote]

I can't agree more, we all had to start somewhere. I'm not even in the top 1000 but I'd prefer to not have to rely on luck to win a battle. It'll give everyone the excuse to turtle up or like it's been stated more smaller players being wiped by the bigger players.
Hawkins, Former member and Leader of Hawkins\' Hellions
Assumption is the mother of all F@#$ ups.
Moons given: 7
Moons owned: Still 0

Vastet

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 06:08:46 AM »
Quote from: "wellmad"

You fail to realise things would become MUCH worse for noobs. YOU wouldn't be able to attack ANYONE, because everyone in the game could wipe out your attack fleet. And say goodbye to any chance of defence. High level players won't be able to attack anyone within 2000 ranks of themselves, so the noobs will become the only target worth striking. They'll send MASSIVE fleets against them to ensure 1 round fights.

And careful gameplay makes you immune to hunters and even moons.

birthmark-ant