contact
July 08, 2020, 10:55:07 PM

Poll

Do you think 2,000,000,000 RSP in 180 days is legit?  (11.1M / day for 6 months straight)

completely legit
24 (28.6%)
possible but not plausible
23 (27.4%)
not possible within the confines and rules of this game
37 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: June 03, 2010, 09:57:21 PM

Author Topic: Riddle Me This - 7.3M average income/day  (Read 16482 times)

Offline babam

• View Profile
Riddle Me This - 7.3M average income/day
« on: May 24, 2010, 08:41:34 AM »
The universe was reset on 9/4/09 which is roughly 260 days ago.

Say for example you had 1,895,000 build points as of today.

Take the build points and divide by days.

Does it mean you'd have to have earned 7.3M/day every day since the game started?

On top of that, the universe takes a while to start up, DF's are smaller, mine incoming is low and stays low for a long time.  Income by design is exponential in this game, not linear.

Even with lvl 27/24/21 mines, you could roughly pull in 3M/day but it takes a while to get to these mine levels.

Assume an aggressive player earns and average 3M/day.  Multiply this by 260 days and you get 780k build points.

How do so many players have much more than 780k build points?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:57:21 PM by babam »

Offline chevy_chase

• View Profile
Re: Riddle Me This
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 12:24:06 PM »
That's a valid point you have there. For the heck of it, my daily pull is approx 2.4M
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Signature? Don\'t have any

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 12:37:25 PM »
you aren't taking into account the millions people pull in through raiding and destroying others fleets

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6476

just one example
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline samielb

• View Profile
    • http://www.twinwand.com
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 12:43:34 PM »
My daily income for all my planets and my daily raids is about 4.5 million.  I am in the 2K range so I imagine that someone ranked where code is will probably have a much higher income probably over the 7.3 mil mark and if you average that out over time you will probably find that it comes close.  Remember you also have to consider that there are times where you may bring in several million just from a DF, and while that doesn't could Hydro, you are quite capable of converting Ore to Hydro using the Merchant so it is quite possible to get to where you are now.
samielb

Quote from: \"Bravicus\"
Attacking people is lame.

probing is cool.

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 03:38:56 PM »
Quote from: "babam"
The universe was reset on 9/4/09 which is roughly 260 days ago.

Say for example you had 1,895,000 build points as of today.

Take the build points and divide by days.

Does it mean you'd have to have earned 7.3M/day every day since the game started?

On top of that, the universe takes a while to start up, DF's are smaller, mine incoming is low and stays low for a long time.  Income by design is exponential in this game, not linear.

Even with lvl 27/24/21 mines, you could roughly pull in 3M/day but it takes a while to get to these mine levels.

Assume an aggressive player earns and average 3M/day.  Multiply this by 260 days and you get 780k build points.

How do so many players have much more than 780k build points?

The top players do bring that in, I know people in NTA who are getting large debris all the time it seems.. so split that up between a few days on top of your mine's OCH and its believable. Even back before I quit the first time, my alliance was getting the odd big kill (nothing today), but it still would help contribute to the average a day.
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline babam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 04:43:42 PM »
Quote from: "samielb"
My daily income for all my planets and my daily raids is about 4.5 million.  I am in the 2K range so I imagine that someone ranked where code is will probably have a much higher income probably over the 7.3 mil mark and if you average that out over time you will probably find that it comes close.  Remember you also have to consider that there are times where you may bring in several million just from a DF, and while that doesn't could Hydro, you are quite capable of converting Ore to Hydro using the Merchant so it is quite possible to get to where you are now.

I'm talking original universe, not extreme.

Also 4.5M daily income is definitely reasonable in bursts, like after a big hit or for a couple months grinding

BUT, 7.3M average since the universe started?

I'd have a hell of a time bringing in 7.3M with my starting homeworld and atlas.  I remember it took me almost a month to get Hades.

And for the 7.3M average since the universe started to hold, if you didn't earn 7.3M the first day you played, it means you would have had to earn 14.6M on some other day (or 7.3M over more over the rest of your play days).

Also how many of the top 100 started playing this game when the universe started on 9/4/09?

Offline babam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »
Quote from: "Ptonjalken"
The top players do bring that in, I know people in NTA who are getting large debris all the time it seems.. so split that up between a few days on top of your mine's OCH and its believable. Even back before I quit the first time, my alliance was getting the odd big kill (nothing today), but it still would help contribute to the average a day.

yes they bring that in today, but remember for the first few months, a multi M DF was thought to be huge?

say the first 3 months your average income is 1M/day (hard to earn more with just an atlas, or just one colony)

that would mean for the overall average to hold, the last 3 months, you'd have to be pulling in 13M/day

Offline babam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 04:47:42 PM »
and let's just say that you've probed some of these top 200 build points players and you  :lol:  at their lvl 13 mines on a foundry 2 planet, or in the example above, lvl 22 mines?!?!

Offline NerdRage

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 05:08:12 PM »
random off-topic question: how often does BFG reset the uni?
get trolled more

moons given: 5
moons owned: 2
players smashed into (n): 8
players smashed into (d): 10 (3 repeat customers)
players forced to abandon colonies: 1 (he abandoned 2 planets after raging at me)

i have a fetish for chicks in scrubs

Offline Callum Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 05:17:11 PM »
they said they would not do it again i believe
Every good player knows
No fleetsave=No fleet

Offline samielb

• View Profile
    • http://www.twinwand.com
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 05:20:38 PM »
Quote from: "babam"
I'm talking original universe, not extreme.

Also 4.5M daily income is definitely reasonable in bursts, like after a big hit or for a couple months grinding

I am talking Original also.  As a 2K player with 13 fleets, I have been bringing in an average of 4.5M, including all raids and all mine production for about 2 months now.  

Now, I have seen a few very large DF in my galaxy.  Heck last month I even managed to steal 2M from a 15M DF.  My point is, an active player could bring in a couple of good 5M+ DF a day and it is completely feasible that (s)he would also be able to bring in approximately 14-15M a day for a short period of time.

Besides it is obviously possible, or your wouldn't be ranked where you are.
samielb

Quote from: \"Bravicus\"
Attacking people is lame.

probing is cool.

Offline babam

• View Profile
Re: Riddle Me This - 7.3M average income/day
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 05:41:38 PM »
4.5M daily income average today is very reasonable, but were you averaging 4.5M income since you first started the game?  with 1 atlas and one homeworld?

we're also assuming they all started on the very first day 9/4/09.

my question is not whether it's possible to have a daily income of 7M/day

my question is whether is probable to have this average daily income over the entire history of the universe.  every single day, since the universe existed, no rest and no (d).

kttmn has a ton of DSP, assuming he converts those ships into more ships and harvests and takes relatively low losses, he should be leading the build points category.

what i'm seeing is a sort of income spend that isn't supported by DF's or by mine income and i'm not sure it's that likely that these players have been raiding using 13 fleet slots, bringing back 100k per raid, 4-5x a day, non-stop for 9 months straight since day 1.

Offline SGS 6

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 06:08:25 PM »
Could easily be bringing in more than 100k per raid, though. I took in 930,403 ore, 705,430 crystal and 334,061 hydro off of seven raids that were running at the same time yesterday morning. All were against a single inactive player, who had 8 planets (I didn't even hit all of their planets - was limited by the cargo ships available). That's just short of 2 million total... or an average of just over 280k each.

True, you don't see opportunities like that all the time, but...
Uni 1: retired, formerly Silver Gate Squadron
Uni 2: Sheridan Starkiller, Leader of the Shadows (Shadows)
http://http://wiki.playstarfleet.com/index.php/Shadows_(Shadows)

Offline Opti

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 06:09:52 PM »
Can see what you mean, when i use all my slots to raid and take all my mine income can probably net about 8mil/9mil a day average, but this took several months to build up too..

Some people do just get a lot of kills though. Raiding, 7-8mil/day from mines and a few 1mil + kills per day is easy enough if you already have the resources. Though it definitely seems like it would need to be a lot higher then that to be feasible.

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 07:11:16 PM »
Well, unless all the top dogs have been cheating this whole time, the numbers cant lie :P
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.