contact
September 20, 2019, 04:36:41 PM

Author Topic: Messages timer and activity timer  (Read 405 times)

Offline Azure

• View Profile
Messages timer and activity timer
« on: May 24, 2010, 10:05:55 AM »
Do espionage message timers in the inbox match the Galaxy page exactly? E.g. If the Galaxy page updates 10 seconds later than the message timer in the inbox does that mean the player performed an action ~10 seconds after my espionage?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Justin Coles 928543

Re: Messages timer and activity timer
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 11:04:12 AM »
unless you have an actual timer timing it, messages are run in minutes, hours and days, not seconds....... when i have espi'd someone my probed planet can still have activity up2 the point my message states 16 minutes, doesn't ALWAys mean there is activity on the planet...... if there still appears a * after say 17+ minutes then i would assum that there had been activity on the planet in question

Offline Dampaq.Pale.Horseman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 11:22:57 AM »
Yes they match perfectley or should do, with minor varience, You are able to get within 2 seconds on the refresh..
Death[/b], and his Hades followed with him.[/color]

Offline Azure

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 11:24:37 AM »
Quote from: "Justin Coles 928543"
unless you have an actual timer timing it, messages are run in minutes, hours and days, not seconds....... when i have espi'd someone my probed planet can still have activity up2 the point my message states 16 minutes, doesn't ALWAys mean there is activity on the planet...... if there still appears a * after say 17+ minutes then i would assum that there had been activity on the planet in question

While they are tracked by the minute/hour, you can still observe the change in seconds by reloading the pages at the appropriate times. So I guess what you're telling me is that there is a small discrepency in the displayed time.

Yes they match perfectley or should do, with minor varience, You are able to get within 2 seconds on the refresh..

And you're telling me the opposite :P

Offline Dampaq.Pale.Horseman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 11:28:53 AM »
I do a lot of event watching, in galaxy view and run comparisons on my esp times  :D
Death[/b], and his Hades followed with him.[/color]

Offline Jacq

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 12:18:51 PM »
I'd go with Pale Horseman on this one.
aka Babe Ruthless

Justin Coles 928543

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 12:53:42 PM »
Quote from: "Dampaq.Pale.Horseman"

i have always found that there is a small discrepency, whilst the game timer operates hh mm ss, i have always showed on my messages that an espi report from 15 mins ago still shows as * hence why i always go from 16 minutes, this removes any discrepency, and if there is a * after the 16 mins then i assume activity and re-probe.....

but your correct that they 'should match perfectly'

Justin Coles 928543

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 12:55:14 PM »
Quote from: "Azure"
Quote from: "Justin Coles 928543"

While they are tracked by the minute/hour, you can still observe the change in seconds by reloading the pages at the appropriate times. So I guess what you're telling me is that there is a small discrepency in the displayed time.

And you're telling me the opposite :P

sorry i should have stated that it 'should match perfesctly' but this isn't a perfect world or even game........... i go for 16  minutes after the espi report and if this shows * next to the planet then presume activity............ i am correct in reasoning but incorrect in my description

birthmark-ant