contact
August 20, 2019, 01:05:33 AM

Author Topic: would like your views, those of the mods AND BFG's  (Read 968 times)

Justin Coles 928543

would like your views, those of the mods AND BFG's
« on: May 26, 2010, 09:48:08 PM »
ok so i find a nice profitable target, line it up and launch my attack.... i know exactly where this player has ALL 9 of his planets and have not showed any activity in the 36 minutes before my attack hit......
now there was a little activity with 17 minutes left until the attack hit, so i probe, everything is fine on this planet.... no activity on any other of his planets (which are located in the same system and the system +1......
so if this is the case of no activity, how the hell does his fleet and rescources dissappear a matter of seconds before the attack hit?????
i would like you to seriously look into this, it has already been identified on the forums that scripts of this kind DO exist, even now as i am typing this there is still NO ACTIVITY on any of his planets, sounds suspicious..... especially given the ships i lost as well as hydro.....scams like this are destroying your game

10 minutes after the attack and still no activity on any of these planets
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline crimewatch-fotofit

• View Profile
Re: would like your views, those of the mods AND BFG's
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:11:47 PM »
10 mins after and there would be activity because your attack would trigger it
it is possible that the little activity at his planet was him checking in
he saw the attack and made a note of the time
then he logged in just before you hit and moved his fleet
is not always a script
just sneaky playing
Crimewatch-fotofit
Leader Avenging Angels (SFC Extreme)
Officer Guardians of Earth (SFC Original)

Justin Coles 928543

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 10:20:51 PM »
sorry i am not explaining it better, activity after 17 mins, my attack took 36, so that left 19 minutes, after 15 minutes the * is removed, i got caught chatting and probed just in time to see it all there, my attack hit a mere few seconds later (if that) but the espi hit first and showed his small fleet there........
'sneaky play' ok i can always grant that, and always comsider that, but....
A) i would only consider 'sneaky play' if you had intentions of dropping a ninja, this player had nowhere near enough to match what i sent, so i rule that out....
B) he is just one of those people who loves making themselves a tarhet by wasting your time, as the hydro isn't a concern, an attack is always at risk of needing to be recalled

now, posting this my attack hit 37 minutes ago now, and again there is still NO activity on his planets, even the planet i attacked, has had no activity since i last probed (19 minutes ago).......
so, why remain sneaky?????

adds the further question, how co-incidental is it to just 'log in' at the exact moment an attack is incoming, play possom for up2 20 minutes, not refreshing any screen on any planet ( as i stated he had 9 planets in 2 systems ) and the fleet/res save a mere second or 2 before my attack, then 'log off' again

i believe in luck, just not coincidence, especially not to this scale, even the most experienced players frs more than 1 or 2 seconds before an attack

Offline crimewatch-fotofit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 10:31:22 PM »
i must admit i have done fs at 2 sec on occasion
but that was just when i was feeling awkward and didnt want fleets tied up until necessary
but from the way you describe it then maybe it is a little suspicious
if that is the case you need to make a ticket to ask them look into it
Crimewatch-fotofit
Leader Avenging Angels (SFC Extreme)
Officer Guardians of Earth (SFC Original)

Justin Coles 928543

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 10:34:45 PM »
i did the ticket, i thought i would try get a feeler on it from those that 'play' rather than observe with squinted eyes.

sometimes i accept an frs at the last second, but usually as stated there is generally activity within a time frame afterward..... i just don't like the feel of too many 'coincidences' at once

Offline Captain Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 11:31:47 PM »
Sometimes the game might be lagging. I fs while being attacked and the attacker called off the attack but my planet was still lit up unitl the counter went to zero.  I got no battle report so I figured he/she called off the attack.  This could be one possibility.

Edit.  Sometimes at work I don't have time to play but just keep an eye on things and get out of there if someone's after me but don't do anything else.

Justin Coles 928543

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 01:36:01 AM »
Quote from: "Captain Commander"
Sometimes the game might be lagging. I fs while being attacked and the attacker called off the attack but my planet was still lit up unitl the counter went to zero.  I got no battle report so I figured he/she called off the attack.  This could be one possibility.

Edit.  Sometimes at work I don't have time to play but just keep an eye on things and get out of there if someone's after me but don't do anything else.

again similar point to the above, which i did agree with as i know some people do this, but...i will state again..
1)why play posom if you have logged in for over 20 minutes before moving anything, i had probed just before my attack hit ( so yes i could have lost everything in a ninja) by a couple of seconds
2) too many coincedences makes for a bit of suspicion...... as stated,

the odds of logging in during a quick atack, yes does happen, but not every single time

if he had logged, as suggested from work etc, then his ships and res would have gone immediatly, who leaves them there for 19 minutes, frs in the last 2 seconds then goes inactive....... poor play, what if, as stated he was at work and something cropped up????????

also it takes me longer than 2 seconds to load the fleet page, select all and dispatch, especially if i am playing possom

please people, i see your reasoning, but think about what has been stated and compare to how it would work with your possibilities/theories

Offline toodschmidt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 02:10:42 AM »
Couldn't he have logged in to his fleet page, seen the attack, and sat there with the FRS primed until 2 sec before. If your browser doesn't auto-refresh, the fleet timer would just continue to count down and it show no more activity. He very well could have a cheated, or he could just be making you play out the attack by purposefully not doing anything until the timer counted down.
Volete vivere per sempre? Falco-uomini, tuffo!

Offline Dan Scanndal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 02:40:10 AM »
How quickly did the DF disappear after the attack?
Alliance Leader of the Outcast Gods

Offline origon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 05:27:02 AM »
have 2 fleet pages open, one with everything selected, one that you're checking for incoming attacks...

Offline Whisky12345

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 05:59:42 AM »
Did the target have any allies in the neighbourhood... What you might have seen was a failed group defend...

I did exactly the same thing yesterday... One of my friends was being attacked, but due to a dodgy internet connection couldn't get accurate timing info to me in time, so I launched a GD completely blind and ended up 10 seconds behind the incoming attack...

The target was deliberately playing possum all through the attack.

I got extremely lucky, the attacker slowed his attack by 20 seconds just before it hit and ran straight into my fleet - but if he hadn't, what he'd have seen was _exactly_ what you describe - no activity on the target planet and a last second fleetsave... And due to my ally's dodgy internet connection he wasn't doing much anyway.

I'm not saying 'no-one cheats', but there are alternative situations that could create the same effect.

Offline LunarAvenger

• Your flesh shall be sutured into the orthodoxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 07:33:55 AM »
I one time woke up after a party and saw an attack incoming... and almost shat myself at its power (back in the days of original) and fleetsaved in the remaining 5 seconds. Doesn't happen anymore, I've learned to fleetsave before parties knowing that I am not gonna play after the party lol.
I'm Ancient
Disciple of the ZPM, occe Leader of the Empire, and designer of various ships that were added.

Justin Coles 928543

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 09:57:29 PM »
Quote from: "Dan Scanndal"
How quickly did the DF disappear after the attack?

i collected the debris, and it went 1hour 6 mins after the attack

Justin Coles 928543

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 09:58:53 PM »
Quote from: "LunarAvenger"
I one time woke up after a party and saw an attack incoming... and almost shat myself at its power (back in the days of original) and fleetsaved in the remaining 5 seconds. Doesn't happen anymore, I've learned to fleetsave before parties knowing that I am not gonna play after the party lol.

please i am intrigued how would this work, whether you have 100 browsers open, doing ANYTHING on ANY planet would show activity on the planet
multiple browsers is convienient, it doesn't disguise or hide any activity to the rest of the universe

Justin Coles 928543

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 10:03:02 PM »
Quote from: "Whisky12345"
Did the target have any allies in the neighbourhood... What you might have seen was a failed group defend...

I did exactly the same thing yesterday... One of my friends was being attacked, but due to a dodgy internet connection couldn't get accurate timing info to me in time, so I launched a GD completely blind and ended up 10 seconds behind the incoming attack...

The target was deliberately playing possum all through the attack.

I got extremely lucky, the attacker slowed his attack by 20 seconds just before it hit and ran straight into my fleet - but if he hadn't, what he'd have seen was _exactly_ what you describe - no activity on the target planet and a last second fleetsave... And due to my ally's dodgy internet connection he wasn't doing much anyway.

I'm not saying 'no-one cheats', but there are alternative situations that could create the same effect.

yes i some some of the logic, but i only lost very little from the defences, ie no group defend, i literally sent everything lol, my attack was 36 minutes, had planned and calculated that nobody near him 10 had ships 2) no body that did have ships had enough to successfully group defend & 3) anybody that did was over 36 minutes away (estimated)

birthmark-ant