contact
August 17, 2019, 02:56:08 PM

Author Topic: Suspended - likely reason  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Converge

• View Profile
Re: Suspended - likely reason
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 06:18:28 PM »
Hope things work out brother. I can understand them thinking you might be playing a few accounts if you were raiding them from time to time. As far as the pushing rule goes, yes this would be pushing except you eventually gave the res back and likely even more so for their advancement which is fine by Matt’s post on the subject when moons came about. Hopefully we will be enjoying your presences in game soon. =) Take it easy brother.

Also on a side note they should be able to see that all these accounts were on a different IP before you returned home from across seas and that the same IP problem has only been a recent one.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
A Member of the Church of The Doom Beaver.

Quote from: \"His Awesomeness\"
There could be no higher calling than to be consumed by a giant space beaver.

Offline RLaburda

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 07:06:04 PM »
I doubt their records go back that far, and I know the military IP would reflect 0.0.0.0 on their logs if anything (secured network).

Off to the shop, time to rip the doors and back panels off the toy!
First warp gates in SFC Extreme - I claim it

Offline Rohi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 07:35:12 PM »
Given that you have chosen to post here about your suspension and lay your cards on the table I am taking what you say at face value and giving you the benefit of the doubt. 'In-game' I have seen you around in nearby systems and IF I am right you led an Alliance which was named SaH and then you joined Star Wars.

If they determine or have determined that you engaged in 'pushing' and assuming that the situation is as you have posted here then I hope they can give you the benefit of the doubt and let you back in the game and mete out a punishment that fits the crime.

This though makes me wonder IF BFG should have a system where by default they make it such that if more than ONE player is going to play using the SAME IP address the player/s concerned MUST inform BFG of this fact by way of a ticket or similar means and then this gets flagged in their system and they can monitor the accounts. Also it should be explicitly stated that IF more than one person be it from the one family or otherwise plays from the same IP address then there should be NO interaction between the two accounts if this is deemed necessary.

So say my buddy who plays the game comes over to my place and logs into his account on my PC then it is beholden on him and myself to inform BFG by means of a ticket of this fact. IF we don't then we do run the risk of being banned.

What I wonder is if some of us who play from the same household have not been banned more by luck than anything else. That is BFG has not yet 'caught' or 'found' us. I D hope this is NOT the case and I am very happy to give them the accounts of the two people - my wife and I - who play from the same household using a wired router. Also I am as glad that my wife and I have not shared any resources nor have we ever intereacted in game in any other way. We are in different Alliances - we WERE in the same Alliance at one stage - and we have not even traded moonshots with one another.

What has happened to Laburda only goes to further underline what Bleys has said elsewhere that IF more than one person in a household plays this game then it is best that they are NOT able to interact be it by having more than one 'universe' or by some other means BFG sees fit and are able to implement.

Offline RLaburda

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 05:24:49 AM »
The 1 IP rule would definitely hurt players that play from work / school, and may have no idea what the IP is of the assigned connection.

Offline Lord Emporer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 06:08:13 AM »
i have been running two accounts out of my house steady since November for OSFC and two for XSFC since the day it started. at one point we had four in OSFC when i got some other famliy to join beside my brother.  never have i had a problem, i also do not think is rank based since i have been been in the top 100's SFCX for months and my brother is sitting steady 600's for months. now i have never raided him so that may be a trigger
Quote from: \"Kimbahlicious\"
Hermes, The only probe that won\'t get you charged with sexual harassment

Quote from: \"who thinks laggynate is too stric\"
no, he\'s doing a good job policing the forums       83%     [54] x
Total votes : 65

Offline Lord Emporer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 06:20:10 AM »
once more pengy and his mass spys beat me :P
Quote from: \"Kimbahlicious\"
Hermes, The only probe that won\'t get you charged with sexual harassment

Quote from: \"who thinks laggynate is too stric\"
no, he\'s doing a good job policing the forums       83%     [54] x
Total votes : 65

Offline Rohi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 07:08:16 AM »
I know on some game sites when a player logs in they get a message saying something like: ' You  have been logged on from the following IP address. I wonder if BFG should do something similar here. Then if a second account logs on from the same IP address they will get a message like 'are you the authorised person to log into this game from this account'. The system wont STOP the second person logging in but at the least it is in effect informing them that BFG knows that more than one user has logged onto the game from the same IP address.

This is NOT a fail safe method for detecting ALL types of multi accounting but it might be a deterrent and at the very least a player cannot then use ignorance as an excuse. The game site I saw the IP address being recorded had the IP address shown somewhere unobtrusive but just so that a player could NOT plead ignorance if this kind of system was seen as worth it then it should appear just after they log in and before they are taken to the game in a screen of its own.

Offline Skully_Blues

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 11:23:36 PM »
Welcome back RLaburda.... I'm glad everything is sorted out finally.  Looking forward to working with you again!

Offline RLaburda

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 12:04:27 AM »
Thanks!  While I missed farming inactives, I did get to break out the cutting torch and cut off all the damaged parts of the toy so I can get the rest taken off and have the frame straightened on the toy.

birthmark-ant