contact
July 09, 2020, 01:50:21 PM

Author Topic: something new? anything??  (Read 1376 times)

Offline furemer

• View Profile
something new? anything??
« on: June 05, 2010, 12:24:39 AM »
OK so like time to annoy people again  :D

my request hmmmmmm :roll:

oh yea

SO can we have like something new added to this game, add not something borrowed from the O game either.  Errr :oops:  is there anything left to err borrow from there?  

Lots of people have suggestions most get torn apart here in the forums, the basic sense is that the most err  :shock:  vocal like everything just the way it is.  
Until of course something gets modified bet theres quite the debate on those moon thingies now  :mrgreen:

But despite all the talk of how great it is?   :?:  at least in extreme  :x  i keep seeing more and more people going poof.....?

poof? yep poof?  Oh wait I know you scan 50 systems in either direction and no one evr leaves..... ok so where is that soon it looks like i'll have to go mobile just find targets if I am to every go on the offense  :(  

but no seriously can we see something new... maybe something to encourage new players  :o   or gasp  :roll:   maybe even keep some from leaving after they have been stomped on repeatedly
how about an update on one or tow new exciting features that BFG is working on to address this.....
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline LunarAvenger

• Your flesh shall be sutured into the orthodoxy!
    • View Profile
Re: something new? anything??
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 12:26:45 AM »
I'm Ancient
Disciple of the ZPM, occe Leader of the Empire, and designer of various ships that were added.

Offline Matthew Brooks0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 01:05:11 AM »
Nothing existed when I clicked the link.

Offline furemer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 01:51:23 AM »
Quote from: "LunarAvenger"
http://forum.playstarfleet.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8260

:shock: its gone

Lunar cannot be mistaken

:o  therfore there is and shall never be

:cry:  anything new or orginal added

Offline Major Edwin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 02:10:53 AM »
I don't mind new ideas, But many ideas strike me as unbalanced or unneeded. I have recently started suggesting things to balance some topics out.
I envision a world without war and without hate.

And I can see us attacking that world because they wouldn\'t expect it. - Jack Handy

First person to have a Jack Handy quote in their signature. I claim it!

Offline Varryan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 02:48:37 AM »
Quote from: "Major Edwin"
I don't mind new ideas, But many ideas strike me as unbalanced or unneeded. I have recently started suggesting things to balance some topics out.

I dont know about unneeded. I would actually like to see a bunch of brand new ships introduced. No new cargo ships as BFG has already said they wont do that, but I think there is a lot of room for new ships to be added to this game. Some new fighters and bombers would be a good start, more fodder basically. And definitely a new ships after proms but beneath Zeus. Some sort of dreadnaught  monster of a ship that doesnt have any firepower up in the hundreds of K range but still packs some serious punch maybe.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:41:08 PM by Varryan »

I wish I was an alliance leader so badass I could obliterate an entire fleet with just atlases!

Offline furemer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 03:08:52 AM »
:o
-(grr odin walked on the keyboard so edit required But he soooo cute annoying but cute)
oh anything new?  

hmmm nothin can be added if it cannot be clearly demonstraited not change the balance of play :?:  

so the heph does change the balance of play at all, :?  
and what about the whole moon thingy
yes I know it was tested in O and that it acheives a new balance
but the introduction of these clearly means that the game play has changed

;) of course recent changes to the moon don't effect balance either beuase that would violate the cannot change the balance rule

it is not the same game that existed before their introduction, which is fine by me, changes should happen thats a hell of lot more realistic than keeping the game static

but the often cried there must be a need, it must have a specific ninche?

:o  :shock:  :evil:  :twisted:

WHY WHY WHY

nice criteria so what precedences is based on military history? shall we download janes ency and see how many pieces of hardware fail that criteria

but i understand if we had rundant options or even options that would make it harder to the battle calc a perfect victory ever time.... :roll:

its not like this is a war game..... Farms In Space.... :ugeek:

damn who let those pigs on the show anyway .....?

I blame the frog   :mrgreen:

:lol:

note i did say I was going to annoy people  :twisted:

Offline Major Edwin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 07:20:10 AM »
@furemer

Ok, so what exactly are you trying to say? Are you complaining that we keep asking that the ships fill some sort of ninche?
I envision a world without war and without hate.

And I can see us attacking that world because they wouldn\'t expect it. - Jack Handy

First person to have a Jack Handy quote in their signature. I claim it!

Offline furemer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 01:23:38 PM »
Quote from: "Major Edwin"
@furemer

Ok, so what exactly are you trying to say? Are you complaining that we keep asking that the ships fill some sort of ninche?

who me...... no just being irrevelant or was that annoying  :shock:

trying not to have too much startch in my uniform

fill a ninche.... hmmmm.... lets see if the game remains static.... gee excitement... I don't see i need for anything different.... everything is awesome....

new missions? new buildings? new attack types? new ships? new techs? new features?

even options that dont feel a specific niche would expand the game provide options... when people say no one would ever use that?
hmmm somebody just suggested it, so that means someone would.... and in the real world new things are introduced to try to counter existing or imagined threats, even sometimes when there is already an existing option/response to said threat
also not ever new option will work as well sometimes an idea fails but then the challenge is how to make something out of the failure

this game has no end? so why is it so static?  why does every option have to be something specific? something that we can punch into the Battle Calc and get a automatic, predictable, never wrong answer?

As long as the game is so static, and you can continously have such auto predictions, this is NOT a WAR game
ACCOUNTANTANTS in SPACE>>>>>

the true test is to face the uncertainity and be able to over come that which cannot be predicted

Offline Vallan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 07:22:31 PM »
Frankly, I don't see any reason to add anything other than the USS His Awesomenessprise, because I want that flying car.
The accumulated filth of all their ore and crystal will foam up about their waists and all the commanders and red-shirts will look up and shout "Fleet-save!"... and I\'ll whisper "no."

Offline PublicNemani

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 07:28:40 PM »
I created a thread that has some suggestions about things that could be added to the game to make it a little more interesting and have had many people respond, some also with great ideas...check it out and maybe if we can generate enough ideas, we can consolidate them in a ticket that everyone can send to BFG.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8182

Offline Vallan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »
I had an idea for a ship called the akita. It eats its own poop and isn't very good around children. It needs to be brushed or it will run away. It blows stuff up, too.
The accumulated filth of all their ore and crystal will foam up about their waists and all the commanders and red-shirts will look up and shout "Fleet-save!"... and I\'ll whisper "no."

Offline furemer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 02:55:33 AM »
Quote from: "PublicNemani"
I created a thread that has some suggestions about things that could be added to the game to make it a little more interesting and have had many people respond, some also with great ideas...check it out and maybe if we can generate enough ideas, we can consolidate them in a ticket that everyone can send to BFG.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8182
hmm gotta another idea i am working on

basically alliance controlled worlds?
and alliance controlled fleets
roughly put an allaince could settle one colony for eavery 10 people rounded down, the allaince leader controls all gias,  the alliance leader appoints both fleet admirals and planetary govenors,  each player can command only on fleet or planet but not both.  The alliance leader can remove command.
The alliance leader also controls all science expenditures for the alliance.  Each memember of the alliance can donate up to 10% of their maximum mining production per day to the alliance.  The leader controls this treasury but can assign it out to any planet or fleet in the case of fuel.  

The govenors contol colony expansion and expenditures as well as the resources from their mines.  The governors can assign the ships from their ship yards to the alliance fleet of their choice.  The alliance admirals can deliver the resources recieved due to raiding to the alliance planet of their choose.  
Alliance funds can only be used for alliance expenditures.  No shifting to ones own accounts.  

ok tired going to crash work more later maybe

Offline lee666

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 10:09:48 PM »
Quote from: "furemer"
SO can we have like something new added to this game, add not something borrowed from the O game either.  

+8235689346985684689271097017580436582819487475821348... has been nearly 4 months since any new content was added, seems bfg is just sat back rubbing there hands watching there bank balance grow while players are quitting...

has been over 2 months since i last bought credits and i will continue not wasting money till they actually add something worth while...

Offline furemer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 02:13:37 AM »
Quote from: "lee666"
Quote from: "furemer"
SO can we have like something new added to this game, add not something borrowed from the O game either.  

+8235689346985684689271097017580436582819487475821348... has been nearly 4 months since any new content was added, seems bfg is just sat back rubbing there hands watching there bank balance grow while players are quitting...

has been over 2 months since i last bought credits and i will continue not wasting money till they actually add something worth while...

wooo they just added something new  :shock:

well sort of   :?

seems they added a bar advertsing the new 1920's mob game?   erhmmmm ok so not that would have anything to do with my space themed farming operation?????  :cry:

where oh where has my space opera gone.... where oh where has my empire fled.....  :oops:

maybe they dont know how to add anything more?  

maybe the code is too hard to modify or whatever about which I know zip....

I know how to design games

but i am afraidmaybe what everyone has hinted at its too hard to modify the code  may be true.....

well maybe its time to go back to the play by mail?