contact
October 20, 2019, 08:58:31 AM

Author Topic: Fuel Usage  (Read 1256 times)

Offline jimbojones

• View Profile
Fuel Usage
« on: June 07, 2010, 04:04:33 PM »
I know it's been mentioned before but it's totally illogical that if you send out an attack and recall 2 minutes later due to them being home that all your hydrogen is used up.

How could it be? It makes no sense and doesn't encourage attacking play. Why not just work it out as a percentage and return the un burn/reacted fuel to the planet of origin.

E.g

Target Planet 20 mins away
Total Hydo cost 20,000
Fleet recalled after 2 mins journey time
Total Unused fuel (minus return leg of 2 mins) = 16,000 Hydro
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
Re: Fuel Usage
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 04:12:09 PM »
this thread pretty much explains why it is the way it is....

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6787&hilit=slingshot+hydro&start=10
Quote from: \"LHDR\"
Quote from: \"Sid82\"
-1 don\'t need a reason other than this is a stupid idea
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
doesn\'t work when idea IS stupid
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline jimbojones

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 04:38:29 PM »
Well that thread just supplies theories at to why it may be, it still makes little sense and discourages attacks. Poor show by the programmers

Offline Tayholc of DREAD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 03:14:05 AM »
Oh God I agree, and my Paypal account speaks volumes!!!! AS A PAYING  CUSTOMER, I am EXTREMELY dismayed.

I have a message for Blue Frog Gaming. YOU SUCK!!!!! FIX IT!!!!! We make mistakes and then all of a sudden we're out of hydrogen?!?!? That's just not fair, and it upsets paying customers, like me, and lots of others, too. I'm not the only one.

Yeah, before anybody flames me, I have a right to be angry BECAUSE i am a PAYING customer of these bozo's. Yep You're right. I don't have to play the game, and if I was perfect I wouldn't waste the hydro. I'm not perfect and I just waste the hydro because BFG either lacks the talent or the inclination to care about it's customers. I could have had a couple Xbox 360's by now and you jackholes are laughing all the way to the bank. Cut us some damned slack. We pay your salary, the least you can do is give us our damned hydrogen back when we obviously have made a mistake like not hitting the deploy button and leaving it on harvest. This game sucks hind TIT!!!!! I hate you ignorant jackasses as much as I hate Sprint. You guys REALLY suck, and yet you try so hard not to. Guess what?!?!?! I got rid of Sprint. :evil:  :evil:  FIX IT OR  STICK IT!!!! Your choice!!!
Tayholc the Great
Retired Executive BSO and Part Time Midget Wrangler of,.....The Corporation

Offline Mona Stangley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 03:21:00 AM »
LOL @ TayHolc.
SFCO- Profit alias Mona Stangley (retired)
Uni2- RMA Moonkey Bizness (retired)
X2- Honey Badger (retired)

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 03:24:30 AM »
Quote from: "Tayholc of DREAD"
Oh God I agree, and my Paypal account speaks volumes!!!! AS A PAYING  CUSTOMER, I am EXTREMELY dismayed.

I have a message for Blue Frog Gaming. YOU SUCK!!!!! FIX IT!!!!! We make mistakes and then all of a sudden we're out of hydrogen?!?!? That's just not fair, and it upsets paying customers, like me, and lots of others, too. I'm not the only one.

Yeah, before anybody flames me, I have a right to be angry BECAUSE i am a PAYING customer of these bozo's. Yep You're right. I don't have to play the game, and if I was perfect I wouldn't waste the hydro. I'm not perfect and I just waste the hydro because BFG either lacks the talent or the inclination to care about it's customers. I could have had a couple Xbox 360's by now and you jackholes are laughing all the way to the bank. Cut us some damned slack. We pay your salary, the least you can do is give us our damned hydrogen back when we obviously have made a mistake like not hitting the deploy button and leaving it on harvest. This game sucks hind TIT!!!!! I hate you ignorant jackasses as much as I hate Sprint. You guys REALLY suck, and yet you try so hard not to. Guess what?!?!?! I got rid of Sprint. :evil:  :evil:  FIX IT OR  STICK IT!!!! Your choice!!!

lol, ok, I know most will realize this is sarcastic but I feel the need to point that out before I +1 it....so yeah

+1
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds."~Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline Tayholc of DREAD

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 03:25:38 AM »
It had to be said, Mona. :cry:  :cry: It had to be said..... :lol:
Tayholc the Great

Offline Tayholc of DREAD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 03:39:47 AM »
Forgive my rant. I just wasted 300k and and a friend of mine 1.5 Mil hydro because we didn't hit the damned deploy button. It's our fault, but it's just my opinion that we should get 99% of that hydro back, or whatever percentage of the unfinsihed trip, when you catch your mistake or recall your ships for ANY reason. It's only fair. Unless BFG is sick of paying customers. I know customers suck. I hate them., but their money is GREEN!!!! I'll shut up now!!!
Tayholc the Great

JinxedOne

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 03:14:02 PM »
How about you get one time to cancel and get your Hydro back, but after that all cancels say "Did you mistakenly deploy AGAIN!!!..." :)

How about just have a confirmation box for dispatches (as a selectable option preferably), that states what mission type was selected.

Offline Sid82

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 03:15:26 PM »
Quote from: "JinxedOne"
How about you get one time to cancel and get your Hydro back, but after that all cancels say "Did you mistakenly deploy AGAIN!!!..." :)

How about just have a confirmation box for dispatches (as a selectable option preferably), that states what mission type was selected.

which wouldn't in any way make it harder for you to save your fleet from an oracle lock 3 seconds behind your fleet  :roll:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8493

Offline tarro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 10:36:18 PM »
I lost 80k hydro today b/c i forgot to pack my res up when I left my colony...10 seconds into the trip i recalled!!!!Tayholc you are right !!!!!!!!!!!! :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

I want my hydro back!!!!!!  it cost me another 160,000 in ore and 5,000 credits i paid for for a trip to the trade merchant just so i could get those friggin rustbuckets home!!!!!...   :(  :(  :(  :(
Chairman Tarro
SFCO - Corporation Chairman
Uni2 - The Syndicate

Greed is Good!

The Corporation

Offline Vallan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 12:31:56 AM »
That's a lot of fuel; it would be easier to build an entirely new fleet galaxies away. Then again, some people really love having one big fleet.
The accumulated filth of all their ore and crystal will foam up about their waists and all the commanders and red-shirts will look up and shout "Fleet-save!"... and I\'ll whisper "no."

Offline Tayholc of DREAD

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 02:36:36 AM »
Quote from: "JinxedOne"

This is a GREAT idea!!! Any Blue Frog's listening?!?!?
Tayholc the Great

Offline Tayholc of DREAD

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 02:40:17 AM »
Quote from: "tarro"
Tayholc you are right !!!!!!!!!!!! :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

SEE?!?!?!?!  :x  :x  I told you. Tayholc the Great is ALWAYS right!!!! :evil: I know it is surprising, even to me at times.  8-)
Tayholc the Great

Offline Mona Stangley

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 02:50:46 AM »
TayHolc....um....is this about your youknowwhatv problem? You have been very pissy the last few days  :o  :lol: You say hydro, but I just hear 'v'
SFCO- Profit alias Mona Stangley (retired)
Uni2- RMA Moonkey Bizness (retired)
X2- Honey Badger (retired)

birthmark-ant