contact
December 14, 2018, 05:33:23 PM

Author Topic: The definition of "pushing"  (Read 494 times)

Offline AbsolutZero

• View Profile
The definition of "pushing"
« on: July 02, 2010, 10:58:18 PM »
One member of the alliance I am in suggested that if a smaller player wants to give a bigger player resources, then they can colonize a new colony with the resources they want to give, transport resources to it and then abandon after the bigger player raids it for all it's worth.

We all know this is pushing, but since the wiki doesn't specifically mention that this isn't allowed my alliance member does not believe me :P

I'm right, right? This is pushing?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
I was the 426,882 player to get an Athena, the 416,390 player to get a hades and the 222,716 person to get a Prometheus! Bow before my awesomeness!

Offline poeticmotion

• View Profile
Re: The definition of "pushing"
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 11:35:21 PM »
That's pushing. Pushing is any way whatsoever that a lower ranked player intentionally allows a higher-ranked player to benefit from their resources.
Uni2-PoeticMotion[ODB] Peak rank 24 peak DSP rank 9 ***RETIRED FROM SFC***

Offline Satok

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 01:15:19 AM »
It is listed in the rules..

Pushing
It is against the rules to devise a scheme in which resources are transferred from a lower-ranked player to a higher ranked play (using the rankings from the Resources Spent leaderboard)

"devise a scheme"...this would be a scheme....
Satok de\'Tampa

Offline Jesus_Saves

• View Profile
    • http://shawntc.x10hosting.com
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 10:33:21 PM »
Wasn't this rule made to prevent higher ranking players from coercing lower ranking players to do things like pay tribute or what have you? I mean, what is so illegal about wanting to help someone out? It's one thing if it's "give me hydro or I'll blow your ships into oblivion", but if it's "I want to help out a friend" I don't understand why that is wrong.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16

If you have any questions about the game, do not hesitate to ask me.

Zenventive: art, health, philosophy

Offline Former Empire guy.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 10:35:24 PM »
it's to stop people creating fake accounts saying they are a family member and transferring resources to the other account so a person could have over 18 planets with high mines
Am i bird? NO! A plane? NO! i am ................
                                             ^^^^^^ Insert who you think here [:

Offline Zafoquat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 10:37:11 PM »
its to stop the extortion.. its to stop the cheating.. its to stop the suicideing power consolidation.

the "helping folks out" only helps the game if its constructive the bottom of the totem pole
teaching small children about god is abusive

you condition your child to a fairy tale with no supporting evidence

you close their mind to free and balanced learning

grow up and act like a real parent

Quote from: \"Pton\"
So pretty much you hit all minorities with that one, and yes I know you meant it, from previous posts.

Offline Dampaq.Pale.Horseman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
Also to stop delays on the railways, especially during peak times, pushing on the platforms is frowned upon too..

*edit*

Pushing a friends car to get it started, is ok..but don't attempt it if it is an automatic, you could end up with a broken nose.

*edit*

Then there is pushing into a queue, and again that could get you a broken nose..

So remember if your thinking about pushing, stop and think, is this going to get my nose broken, or delay trains...
Death[/b], and his Hades followed with him.[/color]

birthmark-ant