contact
May 26, 2018, 12:27:47 AM

Author Topic: Hepheestus Guide  (Read 9215 times)

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
Hepheestus Guide
« on: July 16, 2010, 11:54:16 AM »
Any questions please put in the other thread, this thread is for the final guides only.

Thanks Guys.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:50:06 PM by Bodge »

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
Re: Hepheestus Guide - Please Sticky
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:54:43 AM »
It was suggested to me that I write a guide on the heph and how to use it effectively.

I will do this guide in 2 parts so bear with me, this is part 1 and is a guide on how to deploy and despatch the heph with a few ideas on what to send with it. I will write the second part and post it in a few days, this will give anyone with some constructive ideas to post them here or pm them to me and I will try to include them with the guide.

PART 1 Deploying and Moving The Heph

Firstly, congratulations you are making a good move. Once you get the resources together to build it you need to have an idea of what you are doing with it.

Before you build it ensure that you have unlocked Zeus also as you will need these to defend the heph. The ideal amount to defend it is between 5 and 15 Zeus. I currently only have 1(shhhht don't tell anyone).

I also suggest that you build approx. 20 Gaia’s to add to the heph. And free up one of your colony slots. I will explain this further in part 2, but I think that it is critical for you to do this at this point.

There would obviously be no point in building the heph unless you have a pretty big fleet to go with it. here are some ball park figures of fleet requirements for a decent fleet for the heph.

i) 5000 Artemis
ii) 1000 Poseidon
iii) 1000 Recyclers
iv) 500 Hades
v) 500 Athena
vi) 300 Prometheus
vii) 200 Ares
vii) 2000 Hermes Probes (Yes 2000, you will go through them, also they are a great way to transfer hydro to your buddies very quickly)
viii) 2000 Atlas
ix) 500 Hercs
x) 20 Gaia

1.   Then build the heph and wait the 50 odd hours for it to build (time for some zzzzzzzz).

2.   When it builds it will appear in your shipyard like any other ship and you can move it around like any other ship at this point. So you can fleet save it with the rest of your fleet. At this point you cannot do anything with it.

3.   When you are ready to deploy it and send it of full of nice shiny ships then you need to follow these steps. (ps. Make sure you do a good paint job on it first, it’s got to look pretty)

4.   You will notice that when you are on the galaxy page from the planet where your heph is deployed the page has changed slightly, instead of just the colonize link you will also have a deploy link on every empty planet slot.

5.   To deploy the heph to a slot click on the deploy link, make sure it is close to your planet to allow you to send ships to it later. (Ideally in the same system, this will make deploying any ships to it much quicker and save you hydro).

6.   Up comes a box similar to the fleet box or attack box, this allows you to select the ships that you want to send with the heph. Select the heph and any ships you want to send with it. I would suggest that you at least select any recyclers and Ghia’s that you have to go with the heph as these are slower ships and better to be deployed straight away with the heph. Also ensure that you have plenty hydro selected to deploy with it. (at least 2 mil). Then click dispatch fleet.

7.   NOTE AFTER THE HEPH HAS LANDED YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DEPLOY THE HEPH BACK TO ANY OF YOUR PLANETS. SO MAKE SURE THAT IT IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE (I.E. GALAXY) BEFORE YOU DEPLOY IT AS THIS CANNOT BE CHANGED LATER ON.

8.   The heph will then be deployed to that slot and when it lands it will appear as a planet at the top of your screen, with a graphic of the heph. Giving you what appears as 10 planets. (or as many planets you have used, plus 1)

9.   Then deploy any ships to the heph that you want to send with it. To do this go to your fleet screen on the planet where your ships are and select the ships you want to deploy and then select the heph in the line of planets, ensure that the DEPLOY button is selected and NOT any of the others. Select any resources you want to send with the fleet and then click the dispatch fleet button.

10.   You are now ready to begin your journey with your new toy. Well done!!!

11.   To move the heph around. Click on the galaxy page from the heph and you will notice that it has changed again. Now in any open colony slot there are 2 links again this time they say colonize and orbit.

12.   On the desired location click on the orbit button, a box will come up and tell you how long it will take and how much hydrogen it will cost. You can adjust the speed to give it more time and take less hydrogen, this is how you will fleet save the heph in the future, and it is the only way to fleet save the heph at this time. Once you are ready, and the desired speed is set click on the send button.

13.   If you now look on the galaxy page at where the heph was that slot now says ‘unavailable’. The reason for this is that if someone happens to colonize the slot that you have sent the heph to, the heph will then return to where it came from, as that slot has been held for this purpose.

This is the end of part one, if you think that there is anything missing then please post it here or pm me with the details.

Thanks

Bodge
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 11:56:17 AM »
Here is the costs and travel times of moving the heph.

This is using Warp 9, so it will vary slightly using Warp 10 +

[attachment=0:s4dzncu6]fuel costs - heph.png[/attachment:s4dzncu6]

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 12:32:53 PM »
Common Questions and answers.

First I would like to answer some common questions about the heph. The answers have been provided by various sources.

If there is any questions you would like answered please pm me or put them in the other Heph topic.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:49:18 PM by Bodge »

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 12:49:31 PM »
Q. What does the heph look like on the Galaxy Page.

A. The heph looks exactly the same as any other Colony in the Galaxy Page. The only way to tell that it is a Heph is to Espionage it. When you espionage it the report will say that’s it is a Heph.

You can sometimes tell that there may be or has been a Heph there as the slot will say Unavailable, this means that the Heph is moving, it may come back depending on the owners intentions, so pay attention to the spot if you see it.
Image looks as below.

[attachment=0:bqs8p248]unavailable.png[/attachment:bqs8p248]

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 01:05:39 PM »
Q. Once deployed to an open colony slot what are the options for fleet saving and how much does it cost.

A. To fleet save the Heph you have to move it to another open colony slot. To do this click on the Galaxy Page and then click on the orbit link where ever you want the Heph to be moved to.

[attachment=1:2wiu1rtu]galaxy-heph.png[/attachment:2wiu1rtu]

A box (Picture Below) will come up asking you to confirm orbit, it will tell you how long it takes and how much hydro it will cost. You can adjust the speed to conserve hydro this will then increase the time it takes to get to the destination. Click Okay to accept.
Just a note. The heph does NOT return to its slot automatically. There are a couple of ways to get the heph to do this.

[attachment=0:2wiu1rtu]orbit-confirm.png[/attachment:2wiu1rtu]

1.   Send a Gaia in advance to land in the slot you have sent the Heph to, remember you need an open colony slot. When the heph gets there it will automatically return to the spot it came from. You will also have to do this from another planet and not the heph.

2.   Set yourself an alarm to wake up and click the cancel button half way through, again the heph will then return to the spot it came from.

See the table above for the costs.

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 01:30:55 PM »
Q. Can you oracle a Heph.

A. Yes you can oracle a Heph while it is deploys to a colony slot. You cannot however Oracle a Heph that is moving or Oracle the Heph’s destination.

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
Re: Hepheestus Guide
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 01:35:36 PM »
Q. Can you move the Heph if it is under attack.

A. Yes you can. However only if you have no fleets of your own coming to or from the Heph. If you have a fleet going to the Heph recall it, then you can move the Heph. If you have a fleet going from the Heph and it returns after the Attack lands.

Kiss Your Heph GOODBYE

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 01:43:06 PM »
Q. If you happen to stumble upon a Heph with all of the fleets out and you attack the Heph will all fleets be destroyed.

A. Yes, if you destroy a heph with all the ships out, all ships will be lost. One thing to note you will only get DSP for what you destroy, not for the fleets that are out.

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 01:48:04 PM »
Q. Wouldn’t it be easier to use a M.A.C. (Mobile attack Colony) rather than a M.A.P. (Mobile Attack Platform). Is it faster and cheaper.

A. It is faster to use a M.A.C. but not cheaper. Long term with large fleets it is more cost effective to use the Heph. Also for a M.A.C. you need two open colony slots, whereas with the Heph you only need one.

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 01:49:35 PM »
Q. Can the heph be put through a Warp Gate.

A. When you first build the heph it is treated like any other ship. You fleet save it with your other ships. You can deploy it you any of your planets or moons with the rest of your fleet and YES you can put it through the Warp Gate with the rest of your fleet.

However, once you deploy the heph to an open colony slot you cannot then return it to any of your planets so therefore it CANNOT then be put through a Warp Gate.

Offline Bodge

• View Profile
    • Bodgenet
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 04:32:57 PM »
Quote from: "Tal-Khoraash"
So the handy chart attachment picture Bodge has on page 1 is showing travel times in Extreme?

Okay, thanks.

Yes this is the travel times in extreme.

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.suckitoklahoma.com/
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 04:33:44 PM »
what ever happened to the rest of this thread?
Inventor of the "Support Rulings Forum"
Survivor of a direct confrontation with the Google [bot]
Winner of an argument with myself!

Quote from: \"Admiral Firebringer\"
I hate you people

Offline Major

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 02:44:48 AM »
this kind of falls in here, but not really.
I just had someone put a heph in my system. Immediately after landing, they went into vacation.  So is there anything I can do other than fleet save and hit this dirty bastard when he gets off vacation mode?

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.suckitoklahoma.com/
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 09:22:46 PM »
there are tons of things you could do.  you could build 400 charons, go into vacation mode yourself, masterbate to Debris Feilds you find in the galaxy page, experiment with lactation, send him resources so that his inbox is full when he comes out, or my personal favorite, build 400 charons.
Inventor of the "Support Rulings Forum"
Survivor of a direct confrontation with the Google [bot]
Winner of an argument with myself!

Quote from: \"Admiral Firebringer\"
I hate you people

birthmark-ant