contact
November 21, 2018, 06:04:26 AM

Author Topic: Hepheestus Guide  (Read 9926 times)

Offline Maloar

• View Profile
Re: Hepheestus Guide
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 02:26:17 AM »
Quote from: "Tarak"
Quote from: "Wargasm"
When you finish building the heph, and you're launching it for the first time, it can be oracle locked....
How?  :shock:
Let's say you DO manage to oracle a heph being deployed from a planet to an empty slot, now WHERE are you going to send your supposed "oracle lock" attack to intercept it?...  :?

Wait for it....   ;)

Hmmmmm......  :P

you would colony block the slot it's going to and then time the attack to land when the heph returned to its planet of launch
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
-Iron must be dirtied, burned and beaten before it can become steel.

Offline Privacy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 02:35:41 AM »
Quote from: "Maloar"
Quote from: "Tarak"
Quote from: "Wargasm"
When you finish building the heph, and you're launching it for the first time, it can be oracle locked....
How?  :shock:
Let's say you DO manage to oracle a heph being deployed from a planet to an empty slot, now WHERE are you going to send your supposed "oracle lock" attack to intercept it?...  :?

Wait for it....   ;)

Hmmmmm......  :P

you would colony block the slot it's going to and then time the attack to land when the heph returned to its planet of launch

You could also get a friend to drop a planet in the slot and line up an attack to land a second after the heph lands, then have your friend drop the planet.  The heph lands and boom.

Offline Maloar

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2011, 02:48:06 AM »
Quote from: "Privacy"
You could also get a friend to drop a planet in the slot and line up an attack to land a second after the heph lands, then have your friend drop the planet.  The heph lands and boom.

I thought they fixed that

Offline Privacy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2011, 03:02:16 AM »
oh did they?  If so it's news to me, but it's possible they changed it.

Offline Mickey

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2011, 03:08:04 AM »
I just recently ran into this problem, as I oracle locked a freshly minted Heph on it's first deploy.

I needed more time to gather the ships to take it out so I had an alliance mate colonize the location. Forcing the Heph to return to port. However after it was bounced I was no longer able to see it on my oracle scans.
I inquired to Jason to see what happened. I assumed that since it acts like a gaia in that it takes a planet spot that it would be treated the same as one in the eyes of an oracle. So I could see it going there as it is being deployed there. But if I bounce it then the game treats it as a colonizing mission returned so I could not see it since the oracle can not see colonizing missions.

Because of this I lost my timing on the heph so I could not pounce it, but I will get it eventually.

If you want the official response from Jason PM me.

Offline Maloar

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2011, 03:08:14 AM »
oh did they?  If so it's news to me, but it's possible they changed it.

actually I think you're right.  The fix I'm remembering was probably making colonize missions unscannable, not disabling attacking an abandoned colony.

Offline Maloar

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2011, 03:14:27 AM »
Quote from: "Mickey"
I just recently ran into this problem, as I oracle locked a freshly minted Heph on it's first deploy.

I needed more time to gather the ships to take it out so I had an alliance mate colonize the location. Forcing the Heph to return to port. However after it was bounced I was no longer able to see it on my oracle scans.
I inquired to Jason to see what happened. I assumed that since it acts like a gaia in that it takes a planet spot that it would be treated the same as one in the eyes of an oracle. So I could see it going there as it is being deployed there. But if I bounce it then the game treats it as a colonizing mission returned so I could not see it since the oracle can not see colonizing missions.

Because of this I lost my timing on the heph so I could not pounce it, but I will get it eventually.

If you want the official response from Jason PM me.

The heph always returns home at 100% speed.  You can easily find out the targets warp lvl and you already know where it came from and where it's going so you can calculate how long it should take to return home.

Offline Sorakiba

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2011, 01:43:48 PM »
This may be a strange question...

but I see that the Hepher lugs 1B in cargo... so,... I'm pretty sure without asking, that it does this after it's been deployed,... but my question however, is... Can you load 1B cargo on the Hepher and fleetsave it (like a cargo ship), before it is deployed? (while it is still considered a "ship") ?

Honor in all things,
~The Skyfang.

"Bushido: Truth, Honor, Loyalty, Courage, Justice, Courtesy, Compassion - A Way of life,
Vengeance: An eye for an eye, a fang for a fang - The Law of life.”
Leader of the =ELISA=,
Elite Legion of Imperial Shadow Assassins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiLDT7Jehm8

Offline Draco Star

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2011, 03:43:19 PM »
yes

Offline Mickey

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2011, 05:56:20 PM »
we lost the timing because we picked it up just before we were going to frs for the night, and our people on the other side of the pond do not have an oracle yet. So we expected to get some zzz's and wake up rescan and have the final timing, we had a ball park, but with this target we needed to make sure we landed our attack with in secs to limit the chance he would frs.

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 07:29:23 PM »

I thought that BFG said this was a bug and ruled the "insta-death" strat illegal.  :?
Blocking/bouncing it and timing the return still sounds like the only legit way to do it.

Then again I always assumed that deploying a heph was considered a colonize mission and was invisible to oracles based on what I had read about it previously...
I love all the interesting stuff you can learn when you read the forums.  ;)
~ I suggest a new strategy R2, let the Wookie win. ~

Offline bryn987

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2011, 08:26:59 PM »
Insta death strat is not illegal, it was just too easy to do and made it too hard to move around the galaxy so BFG cloaked the colonization mission.
To be free, you must be exiled!

1/18/2010 - 10/22/2011
Players sent to d status/retirement - 32
Solo Zeus kills - 33
Solo Heph kills - 3
Moons given  -  31

Offline Aaria.moon

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2011, 09:27:10 PM »
The heck is insta death?
HONEYBEE MALES: DURING COPULATION THEIR BODY EXPLODES APART LIKE GRENADE; GENITALIA HAS HOOKS AND SPINES AND IT WEDGES INTO FEMALE AND SEALS HER OPENING.

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2011, 09:46:36 PM »
when you launch against a colony that is in a slot that a heph is moving to, you oracle lock the heph and launch then abandon the colony and your ships will attack the heph as it lands. out comes your heph, oh look you are being attacked with 2 seconds till it lands boom....  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2011, 09:48:18 PM »
remember when you would colony block your own slots because oracles use to be able to see mac deploys...then everybody got hephs.

birthmark-ant