contact
August 18, 2018, 07:16:29 AM

Author Topic: Legion no more?  (Read 1290 times)

Offline maruader

• View Profile
Legion no more?
« on: August 02, 2010, 03:48:09 PM »
I hear that legion is no more (or just a shell of itself) any truth to this?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Offline =Gideon=

• View Profile
Re: Legion no more?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 09:02:12 PM »
This Legion message is circulating among several alliances.

I wish I had good news for you but it’s not great I’m afraid. Or maybe it is I don’t actually know. Whatever floats your boat :) I apologise in advance that this is just a standard message.. I like to personalise each and every one I send but with 300+ members I simply don’t have the time to do this.. so, sorry about that.

Basically Matt is still not handing over the leadership to anyone and not only doesn’t seem to want to but he also doesn’t want to player. This has kept HC from making any changes whatsoever as they aren’t even recognised anywhere except the chat room.

Therefore this is the decision we have made. Some of you may not like it and it is completely up to you to go along with it or not.

We are leaving the ‘alliance’ and making a new one. In a way I welcome all of you to join us but when you think about it the actual heart of the alliance will be moving and we’ll be leaving just a shell behind.

A shell with no command and nobody interested in taking that role.

While we have all had different ideas in HC for example; Mike wanted to keep everyone together and I wanted to start a new ‘sister’ alliance and turn Legion. as it is now into a ‘passive’ alliance. Many others also had their own ideas; unfortunately, Matt’s lack of cooperation has left us with just this one option.

While we had some discussion over whether to keep the ‘Legion’ name in the new alliance… we have ultimately chosen not too. ‘Legion’ had become full of slackers and if it wasn’t for the skill of each individual active player we have in our ranks it would of died a long time ago as nothing but a joke alliance.

The High Command had many ideas and we also took input from several members of Legion. For the tag, we finally decided by majority vote on ‘Nexus’.

Nexus means ‘next generation’ which refers to how this alliance has moved on since the days of the founders. Nexus also implies that we are the focal alliance in SFC; the centre the universe!

The main name.. is a bit controversial but hear me out. I wanted something funny and something that people will remember. There are 1000 alliances with a name referring to some ancient god or a film or something... and nobody actually cares about those. Can you name a single one outside the Top 10?

So while the High Command were joking about a couple of funny names, monkee hanga invented a good quote which some of us really liked.. I loved it.

'The platypus, according to Darwin, is evidence that God has a sense of humour.'

The High Command later came to a majority decision on it. We will be known as ‘Nexus’ to our enemies but this platypus thing gives us a funny uniqueness: P and I think it really represents our community well. In our main chat room in IRC any of you that come in often will know that we all joke around as if we are proper friends and hardly ever talk about SFC.

You know what the biggest and best difference you will find? With much less players we can see who is active and who is not.. And if you play well I will personally help you out individually in each and every way I can. I’m sure some of the other high ranked High Command members will offer exactly the same guidance.

There are still many other great things we can do! Aside from the High Command we'll probably assign positions to pack members on the member’s page so everyone can see who is in their pack if they are in one and if not they can see all the packs that we have! IE, Armada members will be 'ranked' as Armada :) This is one of the things I am most looking forward to!

We will also still be in charge of WAG etc.. which will be led by Diane Wizardess I believe :) who I’m sure will do a brilliant job.

So, really, I’m hoping as many of you will follow us as possible...
-----------
The way to join is once you have left Legion. you have two options.

1. You can search the name ‘The platypus, according to Darwin, is evidence that God has a sense of humour.’ after clicking on the ‘alliance’ tab after messages.
2. You can go to the coordinates of Mike Thielen here: [xxxx] and click on the [Nexus] tag and then request to be accepted into the alliance.
-----------
Legion. CAN live on! And if we all support each other we can be stronger then ever!

It’s very unfortunate that the Legion. has to die and I wish there was another way around it.. but the players that created this name have left us out to dry and are not cooperating with us at all.

But for any of those who will question how loyal this is to the Legion. name…

May I ask you this: Has your loyalty to this alliance been because of the name? Or because of everyone else that has stood behind that name all this time?

I for one really really hope that you will all come to stand with us.

Thanks.
This message was written by:
Optimus Prime

But it comes from your hard working leaders:
Optimus Prime
Monkee Hanga
Reed
Mike Thielen
Diane Wizardess
Chardero
Hopelessly Outgunned
Robert787

Thankyou for your time :)
Final Message from Legion. Command!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:09:10 AM by =Gideon= »

Offline SpankMe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
Seems so. I see some of their top players in the new group Nexus.  8-)

Offline RayDeg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 09:36:10 PM »
yes its true, i left a week or so before the split, some arent happy with nexus and have stayed with legion. some are now NEXUS. and some have started smaller alliances such as G4H

Offline Opti

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 08:07:55 PM »
This is such an old thread. I wrote the message that brought all the best legion players to Nexus (The platypus, according to Darwin, is evidence that God has a sense of humour.) a long time ago. We were ranked very well back then as an alliance, 4-6 I think. Seems to have died now.

Anyone from Nexus still play? Is the same universe still going from back in 2011 when I left this game before?

I would imagine this would fall on deaf ears as it's been 4 years but you never know...

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 08:56:46 PM »
The platypus, according to Darwin, is evidence that God has a sense of humour.)

I do remember that alliance.had some rare class arse kicker back then
My enemys enemy is a problem for later: In the meantime, they might be useful.

Offline Justice Umbiya

• FlySavage
    • Facebook - Google me... Its not that hard to find me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 06:10:27 AM »
A few of them are still around but the alliance is basically a tomb.
Get Down or Lay Down!

Offline occuli imperator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »
Major General Capt. Nighthawk‎ is the leader of the The platypus, according to Darwin, is evidence that God has a sense of humour. alliance which has 2 members.
The platypus, according to Darwin, is evidence that God has a sense of humour. alliance was founded on: 2010-07-31.

2 members now.
My enemys enemy is a problem for later: In the meantime, they might be useful.

Offline Buck-Rogers

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 05:22:50 AM »
I was part of NEXUS back in the day of it's early forming.  I'm still around and still have my original account.  Myself and Bart-Mooney joined at the same time. 

birthmark-ant