UFP
2 (2.7%)
Empire
6 (8.1%)
Other
38 (51.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 30, 2010, 02:44:36 PM

Author Topic: Most Feared Alliance  (Read 3682 times)

Offline 2$Bill

• CONVERT TO ISLAM!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.suckitoklahoma.com/
Most Feared Alliance
« on: August 30, 2010, 02:44:36 PM »
So it's been almost a week and some pretty good alliances have formed.  So the question now is, who don't you want as a neighbor?  What is the allinance that makes you think, "That bitch flag ain't so bad".  

Please comment on why.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Inventor of the "Support Rulings Forum"
Survivor of a direct confrontation with the Google [bot]
Winner of an argument with myself!

Quote from: \"Admiral Firebringer\"
I hate you people

Offline lord_demo

• View Profile
Re: Most Feared Alliance
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 02:57:59 PM »
I submitted other, for the reason that if any of those players in that alliance are near me, it will promise only one thing, active players near by :)  What I don;t want to see is (I) and (i) sine they make things slow :(

Offline Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 03:09:06 PM »
I voted other because I don't fear anyone. If they were parked near my planets then I'd at least have some real targets to hit.
Hawkins, Former member and Leader of Hawkins\' Hellions
Assumption is the mother of all F@#$ ups.
Moons given: 7
Moons owned: Still 0

Offline Crt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 05:42:13 PM »
You could add NTA on the list. Apart from my own alliance, scaring the hell out of me, RubiconX is a very stresfull presence for me as well. He just sits there, score growing, waiting. And some day the awsome lasers and missles i'm pumping out won't be enough and all will be lost.  I even sent him fluffy animals in a video and nothing.
cRt

- Heavy Support -
- The fluffiest alliance leader in SFC -
- The destroyer of Aeterni Lo... oh no wait... that one didn\'t work :D -
- I ended up in Care Bears in uni2. God have mercy...

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 05:43:12 PM »
Comment on why?

Because I'm in ODB. I have over a 300 point RSP lead on the nearest guy to me...........and I'm a hunter.
Profit=Growth=Advancement=Good

Offline poeticmotion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 06:00:44 PM »
In three days of active attacking in uni 2, I've forced two people into d mode and made a guy rageabandon a colony while I was on the way to attack it.

Yes, he abandoned a colony and the 31k in res on the ground because I was en route to attack it. And I had already recalled (he messaged me and said he would spend it) when he rageabandoned. It was a lot of res for wk 1 in the game.
Uni2-PoeticMotion[ODB] Peak rank 24 peak DSP rank 9 ***RETIRED FROM SFC***

Offline Ptonjalken

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 06:27:16 PM »
As most of the forum junkies hopped on the ODB train for Uni2, this poll will be extremely inaccurate :P
Retired Forum Moderator
Haunting the forums.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 06:32:29 PM »
Quote from: "Ptonjalken"
As most of the forum junkies hopped on the ODB train for Uni2, this poll will be extremely inaccurate :P

There's a lot of forum junkies in carebears too ;)

Offline SGS 6

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 07:23:43 PM »
I voted for ODB, but only because of the way Brian's running away from the pack in build points. On pure reputation, it would have been Exiled, with ODB a close second.
Uni 1: retired, formerly Silver Gate Squadron
Uni 2: Sheridan Starkiller, Leader of the Shadows (Shadows)
http://http://wiki.playstarfleet.com/index.php/Shadows_(Shadows)

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 07:34:21 PM »
Quote from: "SGS 6"
I voted for ODB, but only because of the way Brian's running away from the pack in build points. On pure reputation, it would have been Exiled, with ODB a close second.

Reputation it's not even a question. ODB > all times a billion.

Have you seen the list of celebrities here? :lol:

Offline poeticmotion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 07:36:24 PM »
Keep in mind, though, that the alliances are not the same as from uni 1.

For example, Badrash is in ODB even though he was Exiled in Uni 1. I'm ODB despite being UF6 in other universes. The core of each alliance might be based on that alliance's members in another universe, but there's a lot of turnover with people wanting to try out a different alliance. So it's a little soon to judge "most feared" given that the rep is going to be strongly based on that alliance's rep in uni 1 or Extreme and it's not necessarily the same players. I'm sure there's folks in Exiled and EMPIRE who are new to those alliances in their uni 2 incarnation as well. Some of those players are assets, some of them are liabilities, and alliance chemistry is still shaking out in some of these alliances.

That being said, Uni 2 ODB is as close to an all-star team as I can imagine. In addition to the uni 1 ODB folks, there's a lot of star players from other alliances who have joined up. Darkset and I from UF6, Badrash from Exiled, a lot of Top Gunners and NOBsters that are awesome, and representatives from several other uni 1 and X alliances. Based on the level of talent, I can't see anyone more fearsome in uni 2 than ODB. I consider myself to be a top-flight player, and I'm just middle of the pack with these guys. I'm learning new stuff every day.

Based on who I know to be in each alliance, I think the fight for #1 is going to be between ODB, Exiled, and EMPIRE, with Care Bears a dark horse to compete. Then again, I still don't know who all is playing uni 2 and where they are...so there could be an alliance I know nothing about that will come out of nowhere. AA and xXx are both top Extreme alliances, but do they have the guys in uni 2 that make them so dominant in X?

It's going to be difficult for any other alliance to match the crew uni 2 ODB has put together, though. We're going to cause some serious mayhem.
Uni2-PoeticMotion[ODB] Peak rank 24 peak DSP rank 9 ***RETIRED FROM SFC***

Offline SGS 6

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 07:41:16 PM »
No offense meant with the rep - just that in Uni 1, due to my location, I've had a lot of dealings with Exiled, and not so much with ODB.

I'll be happy if Shadows (which is a combination of some WSF'ers and a bunch of other people we rounded up) can manage to hold onto something close to its current #10 ranking.
Uni 1: retired, formerly Silver Gate Squadron
Uni 2: Sheridan Starkiller, Leader of the Shadows (Shadows)
http://http://wiki.playstarfleet.com/index.php/Shadows_(Shadows)

Offline Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 05:36:22 AM »
Going on reputation alone, well to be quite honest reputation means nothing to me and I could care less about any of these alliances. Of course everyone will put their own alliance as the most feared or at least most will. No offense to any of the other players out there but I've had almost no run ins with them in original. With the exception of a few of the bigger players. I don't think any alliance should be considered the most feared yet. Now least feared could be UFP since I've already had one of their members tell me off for sending an attack at him.
Hawkins, Former member and Leader of Hawkins\' Hellions
Assumption is the mother of all F@#$ ups.
Moons given: 7
Moons owned: Still 0

Offline HellraZr

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 07:11:09 AM »
Seriously, who picked these alliances. The only one I can think of that might even be worth voting for is Empire. I picked other because I'm not really afraid of any of them. Starwars, Time, OBK, Who, xXx, KKND, Pug, KBF. Those are names that stick out to me. Hell, I have no idea who most of those other alliances even are.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 07:13:18 AM »
Quote from: "HellraZr"
Seriously, who picked these alliances. The only one I can think of that might even be worth voting for is Empire. I picked other because I'm not really afraid of any of them. Starwars, Time, OBK, Who, xXx, KKND, Pug, KBF. Those are names that stick out to me. Hell, I have no idea who most of those other alliances even are.

So, you are from empire in uni2 then?