UFP
2 (2.7%)
Empire
6 (8.1%)
Other
38 (51.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 30, 2010, 02:44:36 PM

Author Topic: Most Feared Alliance  (Read 3866 times)

Offline Master

• View Profile
Re: Most Feared Alliance
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2010, 11:45:14 PM »
Your thinking like a 2 player game. unless you can keep everyone in the game from advancing from attacking them then you are falling behind by attacking some of them.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
poeticmotion: You know what will happen if I oracle-lock you?

Absolutely nothing. I\'ll cuss a few times, mutter "holy crap, I\'m not even going to battlecalc that" and have nightmares about 10000 capitol ships descending upon my homeworld.

Offline BelthazarStarkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2010, 01:59:03 AM »
BLUE FROG GAMING ITSELF. As this company unfairly allows players to form such strong alliances that smaller alliances and independent players really have a hard time. Then at the same time, they have ASS BACKWARDS noobie protection.

I was a player in SFC EXTREME and I just got my ass handed to me by Emperor Lrr of Empire. I was overall ranked in the 3000's and he was in the 100's. Why in the fun was he allowed to attack me? I once had an Alliance member who was ranked about 2200  and I was then ranked 4000, he couldn't Group Defend me or do anything to help me out. And as a 3000 ranked player I can't hit guys who are ranked 5500, but a top player in the game in a huge alliance is allowed to go and use his Oracle to Oracle lock and destroy an up and comer.

I have also had TWO 20 percent moon shots on the same freaking world, with NO MOON and this dude, who happens to be in the top 200, has multiple moons. Can you say RIGGED maybe?

It is at the point that unless a player is in a top Alliance, or rarely attacks anyone and flys under the radar, they really have no hope of really advancing in the game. They will reach a certain point where they can be hit by the bigger dogs, and reach that point a lot sooner than they should, and just get their fleets raped but good.

So the most feared Alliance is BFG, and there policies which right now ensure that in any universe we will see EMPIRE and STAR WARS up at the top. That is just bullshit. I mean it's only been a week and already the top players own the game and unless they really screw up will remain at the top forever. The little dudes will rise to a certain point and then get annihilated and leave the game.

BFG I am done wasting time playing "your game" which is really just a poor rip off of an older video game anyways, with a stolen Star Trek font thrown on and some half-assed graphics, NO sound effects, no music, and no real fun.

I am absolutely amazed that anyone willingly pays credits to play the game. Well BFG: GAME OVER. Another player who could have stayed for a while if your game didn't suck so bad, has quit. A bunch more are likely to follow me.

We are off to play a game that while challenging is at least fun, Starcraft 2.

I went into Vacation Inactive mode. As I could not abandon all my planets I left ONE planet named in tribute to Blue Frog Gaming. BLUE FROG GAMING SUCKS.

Offline Inferno

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2010, 02:13:30 AM »
Could have just left them out there and posted your coordinates.

Do you honestly think anyone actually gives a damn that your quitting?

Dime a Dozen.
Quote from: \"Satok\"
Quote from: \"Captain Commander\"
Your welcome General Sarcasm \";)\"
Hey Inferno, congrats on the promotion...

Offline Inferno

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2010, 02:18:57 AM »
Quote from: \"Satok\"
Quote from: \"Captain Commander\"
Your welcome General Sarcasm \";)\"
Hey Inferno, congrats on the promotion...

Offline SGS 6

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2010, 03:06:59 AM »
Quote from: "BelthazarStarkiller"
BLUE FROG GAMING ITSELF. As this company unfairly allows players to form such strong alliances that smaller alliances and independent players really have a hard time. Then at the same time, they have ASS BACKWARDS noobie protection.

I was a player in SFC EXTREME and I just got my ass handed to me by Emperor Lrr of Empire. I was overall ranked in the 3000's and he was in the 100's. Why in the fun was he allowed to attack me? I once had an Alliance member who was ranked about 2200  and I was then ranked 4000, he couldn't Group Defend me or do anything to help me out. And as a 3000 ranked player I can't hit guys who are ranked 5500, but a top player in the game in a huge alliance is allowed to go and use his Oracle to Oracle lock and destroy an up and comer.

I have also had TWO 20 percent moon shots on the same freaking world, with NO MOON and this dude, who happens to be in the top 200, has multiple moons. Can you say RIGGED maybe?

It is at the point that unless a player is in a top Alliance, or rarely attacks anyone and flys under the radar, they really have no hope of really advancing in the game. They will reach a certain point where they can be hit by the bigger dogs, and reach that point a lot sooner than they should, and just get their fleets raped but good.

So the most feared Alliance is BFG, and there policies which right now ensure that in any universe we will see EMPIRE and STAR WARS up at the top. That is just bullshit. I mean it's only been a week and already the top players own the game and unless they really screw up will remain at the top forever. The little dudes will rise to a certain point and then get annihilated and leave the game.

BFG I am done wasting time playing "your game" which is really just a poor rip off of an older video game anyways, with a stolen Star Trek font thrown on and some half-assed graphics, NO sound effects, no music, and no real fun.

I am absolutely amazed that anyone willingly pays credits to play the game. Well BFG: GAME OVER. Another player who could have stayed for a while if your game didn't suck so bad, has quit. A bunch more are likely to follow me.

I went into Vacation Inactive mode. As I could not abandon all my planets I left ONE planet named in tribute to Blue Frog Gaming. BLUE FROG GAMING SUCKS.

Just a point. 2 20% moonshots is what, 40%..?

I have a planet in Original that I did 13 moonshots on, at percentages ranging from 7-20% (I think the total was about 135%) before I finally got a moon. Sucked up nearly all of my resources for a solid MONTH.

And I'm a relatively new player in original (started in January, 4 months behind the big boys) and have made it to a ranking of #1800ish. And that is as the leader of a smaller alliance, which you so bash. I've never been in an alliance that was ranked in the top 40 over there.

I don't play Extreme, but jumped into the new universe on the first day and have managed to stay in the top 100, and my alliance (which does not even exist in the other universes) is ranked #9....
Uni 1: retired, formerly Silver Gate Squadron
Uni 2: Sheridan Starkiller, Leader of the Shadows (Shadows)
http://http://wiki.playstarfleet.com/index.php/Shadows_(Shadows)

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2010, 03:14:13 AM »

Complete Nerd Rage.

You aren't allowed to cry on these forums about moonshots.

You had two 20% moonshots? Wow. I am so sorry for you. I couldn't imagine how you would feel if you had gone through, say.......412% worth of moonshots without getting one, yet gave out 9 in the process.
Profit=Growth=Advancement=Good

Offline Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2010, 02:49:59 PM »

SHUT UP! YOU SUCK!
Hawkins, Former member and Leader of Hawkins\' Hellions
Assumption is the mother of all F@#$ ups.
Moons given: 7
Moons owned: Still 0

Offline President Penny

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2010, 05:18:56 PM »
Complete Nerd Rage.

You aren't allowed to cry on these forums about moonshots.

Could not have said it better myself.  Moonshots are NOT rigged silly rabbit.  Only everyone else ganging up on you.... opps I said too much....

Offline Khan Boylemeister

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2010, 07:44:13 PM »
I don't know if the nerd rage will allow this guy to come back here to read the forums again, but if so I want to put my two cents in as one of the 'smaller' players.

In extreme I am in a small alliance of around 30. I started there, didn't play in Original as I calculated I only had time for one when I started.

I started Uni 2 on the first day, and held on to a 200 spot for about two days. I don't have as much time as some others, but I build what I can when I can and I keep my ships safe. I am rarely attacked, and even more rarely for actual losses, in both extreme and Uni 2.

All you have to do, if you look through the wiki, these forums, and the various battle report sections, is to keep your friggin ships safe! If you are not online, they need to be on a harvest mission until you are going to be back online.

I have been playing X since February. I have lost one fleet in that time, and I watched it happen as I got a Not a Number error during a fleetsave in which I tried at the last second to make it a moonshot instead and save my soft ships. My own error, not any favouritism on BFG's part or any 'big' alliance. And it wasn't even a big fleet.

As far as the original topic goes, there is no 'most' feared alliance if you know what you're doing. You can be a part time player, as long as you know when you're going to be online next and can plan your fleetsaves accordingly.

Offline DrZed

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2010, 09:20:34 PM »
Quote from: "BrianC"
Quote from: "DrZed"

I hear ya on that. Maybe I'll keep it up and stay in the top ten here longer than I did in X. Already frustrated with all the strategic blunders I've made. Not to mention the 14 abandonded planets.

I'm just curious on your mines right now. I've managed to keep about 1200 points on master since the last day or two, but you, you've managed to narrow the RSP gap. Even after an overnight Build of SA20, and Armor 8, among other things.

This is the first time I've played on the direct site, so I don't have any of those wonderfully helpful tools installed, and just now did a spreadsheet to get myself organized.  About 1.6M rez per day.

I didn't try out mafia boss and these mines are taking some getting used to. We'll be talking level 30 mines in no time even at 1x speed. I've decided to keep my mid range planets (140-180) for now, but I fear with the increased mine production, even the 180 won't make it to the end.

Has anyone done a spreadsheet for mines at these production levels?
Retired (semi \":)\"

Offline Master

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2010, 09:25:02 PM »
I havent done a spread sheet but I was up to 29/26/14 on several planets in MB in about 10 weeks so I have dumped all of my sub 200 planets in uni2 since they will not last and will hurt more later to dump. Only 2 left to dump now...
poeticmotion: You know what will happen if I oracle-lock you?

Absolutely nothing. I\'ll cuss a few times, mutter "holy crap, I\'m not even going to battlecalc that" and have nightmares about 10000 capitol ships descending upon my homeworld.

Offline chevy_chase

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2010, 06:11:50 PM »
wow a uni 2. :D
Signature? Don\'t have any

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2010, 06:20:59 PM »
Quote from: "chevy_chase"
wow a uni 2. :D

Welcome to the party, just in time for me to lose #1 for a few weeks  ;)
Profit=Growth=Advancement=Good